Zombie-pocolypes

A human vs zombie oriented war

4 replies to this topic

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

Howdy all. As many of you know, I have been running small wars in PA on a monthly bases. Well, this next one is the one year since I have started. I would like to host a slightly larger, and more planned out war on this occasion. The new field is gigantic and offers many different areas of terrain, between no cover and heavy cover, as well as some hills. I will be taking pictures of the field some time this week and posting them in this thread.
At the last war, we played pretty much every game we could think of, instead of just 3-15. My favorite round was zombies, as was most, seconded by defend the core. I would like to host an all zombie oriented war, with some different game types to mix it up. 3-15 will be one option, but I have adapted the defend the core rules for zombies and will also be playing "rednecks vs zombies", plus what ever you guys can think of. I will have more on this once I finish eating dinner. So, whos intrested?

Possible dates
Nov. 21 Nov. 28 Sep. 5
Date: TBA
Time: 10 am - 6 pm
Rules will be covered at 9:45 with the first round starting at 10:00.
Address: Hilltop Park 575 Beaumont Road Devon PA 19333
Recommended blasters, high rof, range is not important with zombies, seeing as they don't carry blasters. For the purposes of saftey, no blaster using stefans at a range of over 50 feet flat will be permitted in most rounds, as it would leave to many welts at charging zombies. Stock darts are premitted in all blasters, except titans and BBBB's.

GAMETYPE 1
A basic 3-15 round, consisting of 2 teams and one zombie.
The two teams play basic 3-15, while the zombie (who must not have a blaster, but may be permitted a soft, melee weapon), may run up an tag any member of either team. If tagged, the human must move his blaster to a pre-designated area, and become a zombie. Zombies have infinite lives, and must report to a certain respond point after being shot. If a player loses all 3 of there lives, but is not tagged by a zombie, then they become a zombie. For the purposes of saftey, no blaster using stefans at a range of over 50 feet flat will be permitted, as it would leave to many welts at charging zombies. Stock darts are premitted in all blasters, except titans and BBBB's. The round is over when everyone becomes a zombie, or one team eliminates the other.

GAMETYPE 2
A modified CTF round.
The attendance will be split 75 25 for zombies (25%) and humans (75%). The humans must get from point A to point B, spanning the entire park (half a mile... maybe), to retrieve a flag, and then return it to point A (or not, depending on how the first round of it goes). Humans have one life each. Zombies have infinite lives, and when shot, must freeze in place, and place there hands on there head (to show they are responding) and count to 15. They then resume play. Zombies had no blasters, but may carry soft melee weapons. If a human is tagged by a zombie, he must put his blaster in a pre designated area, and then imediately become a zombie. For the purposes of saftey, no blaster using stefans at a range of over 50 feet flat will be permitted, as it would leave to many welts at charging zombies. Stock darts are premitted in all blasters, except titans and BBBB's. Humans must start at point A, while zombies may start where ever the choose. Only one human has to survive to take the flag.

GAMETYPE 3
Modified defend the core.
This one's a stretch. Almost a completely new game type. The split is 50 50 for humans and zombies. (the territorys applies specifically to this field) Humans are set at a shack, which is at the base of a tall hill. The humans must stay with in the rough terrain near the shack (very easy to see on the actual field). Zombies are stationed at the top of the hill. The goal of the zombies is to kill as many humans as possible. Zombies have infinite lives, and must return to a tree on the top of the hill (pre designated) to respond back into play. Humans have one life each, but when killed by a zombie, are considered dead, and walk out of play, and do not join the zombie ranks. This is because the two teams will be switching sides during the next round, and to see the differences in between the 2 groups. This makes sense to me at least, because zombies don't have blasters, so they can't shoot into a can as normal defend the core rules. Instead, they are taking out humans, and the human's objective is to guard the building (which is really just a shack on this field). For the purposes of saftey, no blaster using stefans at a range of over 50 feet flat will be permitted, as it would leave to many welts at charging zombies. Stock darts are premitted in all blasters, except titans and BBBB's. If one human survives, humans win. The zombies must kill every human to win. 5 minute time limit.

GAMETYPE 4
Coming soon.

So, please post what dates are good for you, and if you can attend or not. Thanks for reading.

Edited by ice, 14 September 2009 - 07:38 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

I can't go but I love infection and thought I'd share my favorite game. Its called Contain the Virus. My friends and I invented it. 25% start zombies and 75% humans. Zombies have ten lives each but don't respawn. If a human is tagged then they too get ten lives and are infected. It sounds hard but really if you can contain the infection in the first few minutes then you will eliminate the threat and win. Likewise if zombies can infect even a few humans, humans are screwed. Its a fun filler game because one round is at most five minutes (with like 30 players). Also humans start in groups of three and can congregrate in a larger groups if the want to. To make it fair, zombies are infected and active the second that they are tagged. That way a group of 20 humans can be completely wiped out by a single zombie with one life that slips through the defenses.

Edited by Bedhed117, 14 September 2009 - 07:35 PM.

QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#3 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

Hmm, I wonder where this war idea came from! I'll see if I can show up. I hope it rains so I can powerslide down some hills!
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#4 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:27 AM

Shut the fuck up Zach. I won't make it to this. I have no interest to pretend to be a zombie all fucking day long. A couple of rounds is cool sure, but not all fucking day. I remember when liking zombie things was cool.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#5 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:57 PM

Aww, you know that no Nerfer would play zombie games all day. It'll probably turn into 3-15 and the normal games after everyone gets bored and/or tired. Worst-case scenario, you can put your foot down and make sure it turns into 3-15 and the normal games.
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users