Updated with write-up/ secure mod.

40 replies to this topic

#26 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:32 AM

Well I guess I'm gonna have to say more then. There is no point to having an ipod on your gun. Seriously. An ipod. On your nerf gun. That's fucking stupid.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#27 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:00 AM

There are so many other alternatives out there and that are not as expensive as a nano.

Personally, here's what I use. It has straps, a foam base, and a protective case. It works wonders when used on top of a core,my arrowstorm, or bbb.

http://images.google...=N&hl=en&tab=wi

Edited by LiterSize, 14 September 2009 - 10:01 AM.

#28 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:53 PM

Well I guess I'm gonna have to say more then. There is no point to having an ipod on your gun. Seriously. An ipod. On your nerf gun. That's fucking stupid.

I agree that it's not the best way to record, but it looks solid with the new mod case, and I think it could work out really well for making war vids. I plan on doing something like this for the zombie war I'm planning.
But not with a nano, cause I don't have the new one yet :)

Edited by ice, 14 September 2009 - 04:55 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#29 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:54 PM

ignore

Edited by ice, 14 September 2009 - 04:55 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#30 the stefan store

the stefan store

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:02 PM

Looks cool. Does'nt look practical much though. Nice idea but try again.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature.

#31 Phibonnachee

Phibonnachee

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

That looks pretty good, but how strong is polycarbonate exactly? I've never had experience with it. Will it hold if shot point blank from a titan? Not that it would ever happen, but I dont want to be the one to find out.
De-single your longshot Longshot --- 4B magazine breech BBBB

#32 dim3

dim3

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

That looks pretty good, but how strong is polycarbonate exactly? I've never had experience with it. Will it hold if shot point blank from a titan? Not that it would ever happen, but I dont want to be the one to find out.

No, not with this mod. It would come off but the polycarbonate will act as a shield if it falls. Polycarbonate is strong.

Edited by dim3, 14 September 2009 - 06:09 PM.

#33 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:15 PM

Polycarb is pretty versatile. It's used for everything from insulating greenhouses to making lightweight bulletproof armor. I like this mod becuase it would be good for recording infection style games where people aren't shooting at you. Also I don't think Dim is going to use it for any high powered gun games as its attached to a tri-mav. Also the reason you would use a nano for this instead of the fancy cameras LeterSize showed is probably because Dim didn't have one of those but did hae a nano.
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#34 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

It's not bad, but i think I'll stick with the magical 8 megapixel camera my parents bought for me. It works very nicely fro my purposes, because I just take my NF in one hand, el camera in the other, and proceed to record. (end truthful stuff)

Seriously, I found a unicorn family having dinner with 2 sasquatches in the woods behind my church. (end joking bs)

Edited by death by cheez, 14 September 2009 - 06:37 PM.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#35 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:42 AM

Absolutely Fucking Brilliant!!!!!

Best Idea I have yet to see from a new member. I cannot wait till everyone has one, because I'm fat and slow and have a terrible time trying to sneak up on you god damn little kids. This is perfect, now I can hear you wherever you are and can sneak up on you because your busy scrolling through mp3s to find the new Kayne West song or watching an Eminem Video. Having a $400 POS attached to your blaster pretty much guarantees you are not going to leap over a shrub or dive roll under a park bench to get away from me either. Also I can Whistle, Belch, Fart and hum my favorite tune while wandering through the woods with no threat of you hearing me and ambushing me. Usually I have to be careful not to break twigs or walk through leaves all while watching the foliage for hidden children, Now All I have to do is listen for Rap music and watch for the gentle glow of a backlit LCD screen reflected in your nerf goggles. GREAT WORK!

Have you ever heard of sandpaper? the edges on that thing look sharp enough to open a huge gaping wound on your face if you are not careful while dancing through the brush.

LOL... kids...
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#36 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:55 AM

This is why we can't have nice things.
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#37 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

Holy shit.

Some facts about the video capabilities of the ipod nano:

Megapixels: 3.2
Video quality: 640 X 480 VGA
Recording battery life: 6 hours
FPS: 30

As you can see, combined with it's compact size, the nano would make a decent in-a-pinch camcorder if you needed one. OBVIOUSLY, nobody is going to listen to music while they're nerfing. This is specifically for recording video during an event if you already own or plan to buy a 5th gen ipod nano. I challenge you pretentious gasbags to cite anywhere in dim3's writeup where he advertised listening to music "while nerfing".

I am continually amazed how a bunch of men that play with children's toys act like such sarcastic, uptight pricks.

#38 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:41 PM

Absolutely Fucking Brilliant!!!!!

Best Idea I have yet to see from a new member. I cannot wait till everyone has one, because I'm fat and slow and have a terrible time trying to sneak up on you god damn little kids. This is perfect, now I can hear you wherever you are and can sneak up on you because your busy scrolling through mp3s to find the new Kayne West song or watching an Eminem Video. Having a $400 POS attached to your blaster pretty much guarantees you are not going to leap over a shrub or dive roll under a park bench to get away from me either. Also I can Whistle, Belch, Fart and hum my favorite tune while wandering through the woods with no threat of you hearing me and ambushing me. Usually I have to be careful not to break twigs or walk through leaves all while watching the foliage for hidden children, Now All I have to do is listen for Rap music and watch for the gentle glow of a backlit LCD screen reflected in your nerf goggles. GREAT WORK!

Have you ever heard of sandpaper? the edges on that thing look sharp enough to open a huge gaping wound on your face if you are not careful while dancing through the brush.

LOL... kids...

Way to miss the whole entire point. He made this so videos can be made documenting a Nerf war (which is pretty brilliant). I don't believe anywhere was it said that it was meant to be actually listened to while you're playing. Nice use of sarcasm though.

Really though, it has a few bugs to be worked out, but I really like it. Once it can be created to be more stable and sticking out as much, this would be a really neat way of recording wars. Nice work man.

Edit:

OBVIOUSLY, nobody is going to listen to music while they're nerfing. This is specifically for recording video during an event if you already own or plan to buy a 5th gen ipod nano.

^ Exactly ^

Edited by Poseidon, 15 September 2009 - 03:43 PM.

Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#39 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

Holy shit.
I am continually amazed how a bunch of men that play with children's toys act like such sarcastic, uptight pricks.

Its on a Maverick.... So about all the "gun cam" shots you are going to see is him pointing it at people who are too far away to hit and then pointing it at the sky while he counts to 15.

Its not new or Ingenious either.

Ive seen many gun cams in use, and was filmed by TWITCH with his Gun Cam mounted to the legendary Captain Bojangles McPoonSnatch.

So all he really did was mount a VERY expensive toy to a substandard blaster.

Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#40 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

So all he really did was mount a VERY expensive toy to a substandard blaster.

Don

I think "VERY" is a bit of an exaggeration, about the same as an action cam.

http://www.amazon.co...61&sr=8-1-spell

#41 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:19 PM

Holy shit.

Its on a Maverick.... So about all the "gun cam" shots you are going to see is him pointing it at people who are too far away to hit and then pointing it at the sky while he counts to 15.

Don

Yeah, seriously Fome. You forgot the top 3 rules of nerf.

#1: It is to be taken very very seriously.
#2: Modifications that don't increase range, rof or accuracy are not allowed.
#3: It is not about fun, but about who is the best/most effective adult/teenage nerfer that can beat kids at their own game.

Good job Dim3, I hope you post some good vids that encourage others to nerf.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users