72 replies to this topic

#1 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:31 PM

Columbus War!

About this whole "host" thing: I don't feel that I should be the only one who gets/has to yell at people to get moving to the next game just because I started this thread. So if you'd like to get the game moving, you're welcome to yell! I think it's silly to only have one person in charge- especially for just starting the thread...

Date: October 3, 2009

Time: Be there at 9:30am, we'll officially start rounds at 10:00am

Address: 3923 North High St, Columbus, OH

Rules: All of the standard rules apply. The "Don't be a douche bag" rule should cover pretty much everything.

Banned Blasters: Singled Titans, homemade air guns, and anything that seems too powerful. If someone complains about the power, we can decide as a group if it's too powerful for use.

Bring: Primary, spring pistol, darts (don't mooch off of others!), water, and lunch/money for lunch - there are fast food restaurants near the location.

Attendance:

Definite:
Coop + 0-1
Mr BadWrench
Prince Valor + 1
Lynx + 2
Hipponater + 2-3
Travis Touchdown
Chop
Des
rosenstyle (not yet validated)
dog9
Twitch
ggk
UberKuhlMan

Maybe:
thaygor + 2
Nerf Mafia + Yoda + Foamninja + maytag + 1-2

Edited by Coop, 27 September 2012 - 02:03 AM.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#2 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

Sounds good, count me in.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#3 chop

chop

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:48 PM

put des and i down as maybe's depends if i have the money for gas / expenses or not

#4 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

ignore, sorry about that.

Edited by thaygor, 09 September 2009 - 05:55 PM.

Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#5 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

Oh, motherfucker. I guess I deserved it, and I apologize from my absence. 3/4 hard courses and "issues" makes life a bitch.

Can I request we move the war to Whetstone? It is nice to play somewhere else after 3 wars of Colerain and it is a good location since Columbus Nerf has mega penises ranges. It is wooded (like the woods at Colerain), but it has elevation/depressions (not much), clearings (not obscene), and I re-emphasize, ITS NOT COLERAIN (lets not play there till 2010)!

EDIT: You all can shoot me at the war, I PROMISE.

Edited by Lynx, 09 September 2009 - 07:01 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#6 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:22 PM

Oh, motherfucker. I guess I deserved it, and I apologize from my absence. 3/4 hard courses and "issues" makes life a bitch.

Can I request we move the war to Whetstone? It is nice to play somewhere else after 3 wars of Colerain and it is a good location since Columbus Nerf has mega penises ranges. It is wooded (like the woods at Colerain), but it has elevation/depressions (not much), clearings (not obscene), and I re-emphasize, ITS NOT COLERAIN (lets not play there till 2010)!

EDIT: You all can shoot me at the war, I PROMISE.

Do you have pictures? And does the "wooded" area have grass on the ground or dirt and sticks on the ground (like woods)? I don't think dirt and sticks would be friendly to dart sweeps or our ankles.

I'm up for either though, it would be nice to try out another area. Anyone else have a preference?

EDIT: Lynx, you didn't say if you could go... Can you?

Edited by Coop, 10 September 2009 - 06:32 PM.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#7 UberKuhlMan

UberKuhlMan

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:10 PM

I'll talk to my dad,but I'll most likely be there.
QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Sep 28 2009, 05:31 PM) View Post

I'd like to see everyones faces when I walk up with something so big...

#8 ggk

ggk

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:10 PM

I may be able to get to this war if all goes well. BW if I can go can I get a ride?
17:18 Snake51886 to those who hamp: you do not nerf well, you paintball poorly

#9 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:24 PM

I am a definite for this one and maybe +1-2.
QUOTE(Mr BadWrench @ Apr 18 2010, 05:44 AM) View Post
quote of the year

Camo: OUCH, WHAT WAS THAT!?
Prince Valor: That, Was a HIT!!
IRC
21:36 Talio: However Vacc and I have consensual sexual activity on a regular basis

#10 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:39 PM

I may be able to get to this war if all goes well. BW if I can go can I get a ride?

Absolutely...
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#11 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Do you have pictures? And does the "wooded" area have grass on the ground or dirt and sticks on the ground (like woods)? I don't think dirt and sticks would be friendly to dart sweeps or our ankles.

I'm up for either though, it would be nice to try out another area. Anyone else have a preference?

Ground, like the place we play in Colerain (but NOT Colerain).

Address: Whetstone Park of Roses - 3923 North High St, Columbus, OH

Picture Post

Anyways, I can have more pics up by tomorrow. It's nice, we won't be run out by peoples and its NOT COLERAIN!

EDIT: And why do I keep forgetting this: Lynx + TravisTouchdown, 2-3?

Edited by Lynx, 12 September 2009 - 10:47 PM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#12 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

Ground, like the place we play in Colerain (but NOT Colerain).

Address: Whetstone Park of Roses - 3923 North High St, Columbus, OH

Picture Post

Anyways, I can have more pics up by tomorrow. It's nice, we won't be run out by peoples and its NOT COLERAIN!

EDIT: And why do I keep forgetting this: Lynx + 1, 2-3?

That place looks good to me. Will changing to that location make anyone not attend?

#13 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:37 PM

I can do Colerain or Whetstone Park of Roses.

I'm pretty sure I'll be there, however stuff may pop up. I doubt it though. I'll be a definite +1 for sure, maybe more. I'll see if I can convince my roommates to go.

Thanks for doing this, Coop and Lynx.

#14 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 11:27 PM

Location change. It's 4 minutes away from the original location so I figure it shouldn't stop anyone from attending? If it does prevent you from attending (and you can go to the other location) please send me a PM.

#15 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

Updates: Pics up tomorrow. I will be bugging Ace like crazy so my darts won't appear to be death darts. You just lost the game (and so did our Buckeyes).

I want to be taskmaster (I have the whips/chains). What would help this is people posting what they want as game types. Also, a DtC bucket or 2 would be a help for the type of field we have. Barriers for a defense type game would be cool, too.

This should be a good war... I wonder if NerfMonkey will actually show up to any C-bus wars.

Also, I'm planning on getting the Winter War (at Wycliffe) ready. Defense of the Winter Fortress anyone? No zombies allowed. Any zombies seen will be shot on sight.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#16 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:33 AM

I want to be taskmaster

Haha, only you would ask that...

Is it a huge problem just to show up and suggest game types? All the stuff we did last time was fun: team pistols, team primaries, free for all pistols, HvZ, capture the flag, DTC

#17 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:09 PM

I want to be taskmaster

Haha, only you would ask that...

Is it a huge problem just to show up and suggest game types? All the stuff we did last time was fun: team pistols, team primaries, free for all pistols, HvZ, capture the flag, DTC

I will bring my CTF flags and Hipponater's DTC bucket since i still have that. I will also have some guns up for sale/trade.
quote of the year

IRC
21:36 Talio: However Vacc and I have consensual sexual activity on a regular basis

#18 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

Well, its easier to know what people want to do. Its easier to say this in thread: "I want to do 2 bucket DtC, CtF, Team Elim/DM and zombie 3some (all with/without pistols)." Than it is to argue/waste time.

Plus, I present pictures. Scroll down to see them. The first pic of the tower is the playground. Its not that big, but its great for Assault and will probably be taken thanks to kiddies. However, the main area (2-8ish) is long enough for us not to have any problems, especially since we will get there early (9 ish).

So, yeah. The place is fun and it will be good. My 1st gen/Rev/TBO are all ready (and I have a turreted 2k for a guest).

I will have a guest that will need one loaner primary. As long as its decent, my guy will like it...

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#19 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

Well, its easier to know what people want to do. Its easier to say this in thread: "I want to do 2 bucket DtC, CtF, Team Elim/DM and zombie 3some (all with/without pistols)." Than it is to argue/waste time.

Plus, I present pictures. Scroll down to see them. The first pic of the tower is the playground. Its not that big, but its great for Assault and will probably be taken thanks to kiddies. However, the main area (2-8ish) is long enough for us not to have any problems, especially since we will get there early (9 ish).

So, yeah. The place is fun and it will be good. My 1st gen/Rev/TBO are all ready (and I have a turreted 2k for a guest).

I will have a guest that will need one loaner primary. As long as its decent, my guy will like it...

Nice area looks like we will have a lot of open space to cover. About how crowded does this park get though cause that will decide alot of the games.

Current guns up for Sale/trade: Raider w/35 drum clip, RF20, LSFG, (this post will be updated with my sales/trades for this war, contact me if interested)

Edited by Prince Valor, 26 September 2009 - 12:09 PM.

quote of the year

IRC

#20 dog9

dog9

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

i' m mabye most likely i'm in
Nerf On!!!!!

#21 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

What are the mods on that Raider w/drum clip Prince Valor?

It's pretty clear. If/when people do show up, they will just go to a bench that's not in the way. There will be some traffic, but not that much. Plus, there is enough space to slide around. It wasn't a problem for a smaller 8-10 person war and I doubt it will be a problem for a 16 ish person war.

Dog9, the code of conduct was made for a reason dude. Shape up before the mods find you.

Finally: I will actually be there early so I can designate the set-up area. I just was there today so I think I have a good idea...

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#22 Travis Touchdown

Travis Touchdown

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hey, this is Will, or "Lynx's friend", whichever you know me as. Lynx already said so, but this was before I knew if that day was actually free for me or not (it is), but in any case, I can definitely be there. Also, I'd like to be a separate person from Lynx, given that I now have an account. I'm no longer the +1 in "Lynx +1".

Edit: The darts mentioned below are good, and I'm not just saying this because I help make them. I'll be sure to do nicer cuts and not slack off. Additionally, for those interested, the music mentioned will not be the only music the stefans are "infused" with; I will be sure to include some ska, punk, and good electronica/techno. (The Crystal Method, The Prodigy)

Edited by Travis Touchdown, 16 September 2009 - 09:31 PM.

▲
▲ ▲ Triforce

#23 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

YAY! THE WAR IS COMING UP! So, stefans will be created for those wishing to purchase them. I don't want to make much money, I can guarantee some good shit, and I have plenty of time to burn (my hands).

People who want stefans:

To get darts made: PM me, I will pm you back a price (post calculations), and I will wait for confirmation/conformation and my quite agreeable price. You will pay me cash at the war:

To get darts: I will deliver at the war and only at the war and I am only taking cash.

About the darts:
  • I use ACE 1/2inch foam and use a blow-dryer to straighten them,
  • use more than necessary weight (2 or 3 bb's based on length/whats asked),
  • since I slightly overweight my darts, my darts fly surprisingly true for micros. TT can testify to this and so can those who liked my darts at the last 2 to 3 wars.
  • they will be guaranteed to be consistent with length (within reason),
  • they will be guaranteed to to have a nice dome since I use a small block of ice and my fingers to shape each dome (I have never fielded a jackass darts and inspect each one to make sure there is no glue on the sides and that the weights are covered),
  • and I CAN GUARANTEE YOU CAN HIT ME WITH THEM! (with my TBO NF) (That's for you BadWrench)
  • Finally, the BS: Please realize that the darts will be infused with Third Eye Blind songs, Rage Against the Machine and some My Bloody Valentine.
Nota Bene: Since Travis Touchdown (TT) is a real person now, my official listing should probably be something like Lynx + 1-2?. TT's should be TT.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#24 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:56 PM

I'm a "maybe."
"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#25 nerf mafia

nerf mafia

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

I'm a mabie, aswell as yoda, foamninja, and maytag, as well as up to 2 others.
THE OHIO PLAYDATE. WE PLAY WITH FORKS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users