Photo

Help With My Rscb

25 replies to this topic

#1 ZACHARIAH

ZACHARIAH

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:37 PM

Okay, so made an RSCB for my big blast. I shot a dart with the mag/clip empty and it hit the bottom of a forty foot wall away. What is the problem? This thing is pissing me off.
"When the pin is pulled Mr. grenade is not your friend." -US army training manual

#2 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:43 PM

Did you flick it down prior to firing? I know someone's going to say that it shot so little because of the dead space in the empty clip, but my RSCB'd Pullshotty fires further at the end of the clip, than the beginning.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#3 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:52 PM

Did you flick it down prior to firing? I know someone's going to say that it shot so little because of the dead space in the empty clip, but my RSCB'd Pullshotty fires further at the end of the clip, than the beginning.

Oh yeah, sure, that makes sense. What with physics and all.

#4 ZACHARIAH

ZACHARIAH

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

I always do.
"When the pin is pulled Mr. grenade is not your friend." -US army training manual

#5 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

Have you posted this somewhere before? I'm getting a sense of Dejavu. (and not the club)

Gonna need more info then this. Are all your shots crappy? What are you using for barrel material?

Got any pics of the setup?
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#6 ZACHARIAH

ZACHARIAH

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:03 PM

Have you posted this somewhere before? I'm getting a sense of Dejavu. (and not the club)

Gonna need more info then this. Are all your shots crappy? What are you using for barrel material?

Got any pics of the setup?

With the mag full the dart shoots at shoulder level. My barrel material is OMC thickwall petg. I have some pics on my bbbb if that will help. Also I don't think I have posted this before.

Edited by ZACHARIAH, 01 September 2009 - 02:04 PM.

#7 Fresh

Fresh

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:16 PM

Maybe your barrel or the RSCB itself are too long.

-Fresh

#8 Sk0rpion 777

Sk0rpion 777

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:19 PM

Do you have something at the back preventing the air from coming out, like a ball valve or something like that?

Edited by Sk0rpion_777, 01 September 2009 - 02:20 PM.

R.I.P Billy Mays.

#9 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

Do you have something at the back preventing the air from coming out, like a ball valve or something like that?

What kind of a dumb question is that?

Anyway maybe your dartfit is to tight, or your barrel to long, I would say, experiment with different lengths and ID sizes
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#10 Sk0rpion 777

Sk0rpion 777

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

What kind of a dumb question is that?

I don't see how that's a dumb question. If you don't have anything preventing the air from escaping out the back you're going to loose range.
R.I.P Billy Mays.

#11 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

All of the common RSCB problems that I can think of would be:

Your barrel could be too long.
Your barrel could be too short.
Your clip could be too long.
Air could be escaping somewhere.
You could have shitty dart/barrel fit.
You could have shitty darts/dart weights.
Your RSCB could be angled downwards.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#12 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

Air flow > deadspace.

in some setups... I've noticed the same thing in my inline clipped lanard handcannon. Last shot performs as well or better than the first ones. Who knows why for sure, but that's my guess.

Mess with your setup more, try shortening the RSCB clip.

#13 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

Physics do not apply to RSCB clips. They operate on magic and luck.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#14 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

I think leet has a point about the way you're aiming. You may actually be angling the gun down.

Edited by TantumBull, 01 September 2009 - 03:00 PM.

#15 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:06 PM

How do your darts fit in petg? RSCB clips tend to work better with a tigher dart/barrel fit.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#16 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:20 PM

ok. Time for some more fact finding.

1. What is the lenght of the rear part of the rscb? What material are you using?
2. what is the lenght of the actual barrel itself. (the front peice)
3. how many times are you pumping and are you consistant with that # with each shot?
4. Rather then a target that is only 40% of your maximum expected range How much difference is there when the darts are allowed to fly their full distance? I would expect gradual decreases in range as you cycle thru the clip.

And yes a picture might help.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#17 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

But gas does not compress in wave form. The air at the rear of the RSCB will remain there after the shot has passed. It simply compresses and then expels the dart forward. most likley keeping the same molacules that were there to begin with there after the fact. However the dampening effect or lack of compression there of while darts are loaded could change how much or how effectivly the air is distributed.

I may not have worded that right. I am rushing to type while I eat lunch and deal with IT tickets.. But you're a smart guy you know what I'm saying.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 01 September 2009 - 03:45 PM.

#18 ZACHARIAH

ZACHARIAH

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:08 PM

ok. Time for some more fact finding.

1. What is the lenght of the rear part of the rscb? What material are you using?
2. what is the lenght of the actual barrel itself. (the front peice)
3. how many times are you pumping and are you consistant with that # with each shot?
4. Rather then a target that is only 40% of your maximum expected range How much difference is there when the darts are allowed to fly their full distance? I would expect gradual decreases in range as you cycle thru the clip.

And yes a picture might help.

I am using pvc, the rear part is six in., the barrel is twelve in., I am pumping it seven times, the shot is pretty consistent, the first dart will shoot at shoulder level.

#19 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:28 PM

Pumping seven times won't even engage my OPRV. Maybe your pump count is the problem. Also, BBBB's have terrible o-rings. You have to pump them more than if the seal was normal.

#20 ZACHARIAH

ZACHARIAH

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

Pumping seven times won't even engage my OPRV. Maybe your pump count is the problem. Also, BBBB's have terrible o-rings. You have to pump them more than if the seal was normal.

I have two and a half wraps of e-tape and it engages the OVPR on mine. I don't like to pump it ten times because the last time the endcap flew and hit my eye. It was pretty funny, but hurt a little.

#21 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:23 PM

I have two and a half wraps of e-tape and it engages the OVPR on mine. I don't like to pump it ten times because the last time the endcap flew and hit my eye. It was pretty funny, but hurt a little.

You shouldn't need to pump it more then 10 times anyways. 12 IMO is pushing it. The reason people snap their triggers is from over pumping.
For that end cap what you should get is a 3/4" ball valve with a 1/2" reducer instead. That way you don't have to worry about the cap hitting you cause it will be fixed.

I just had a thought also. perhaps the dart is simply not getting far enough into the barrel. with all he previous darts they had something behind them to weigh them down and push them into the barrel. With the final dart this is not the case.
Also did you simply put the petg in the pvc or did you also flare out the receiving end of the barrel to the dart has the best chance of getting into the barrel smoothly?

Edited by Blacksunshine, 01 September 2009 - 08:27 PM.

#22 ZACHARIAH

ZACHARIAH

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

BlackSunshine, I did not funnel out the petg, I was gonna get a ball valve but my mom didn't let me go the the hardware store. I reanforced (SP?) my trigger. What do you mean 1/2" reducer?

#23 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:15 PM

BlackSunshine, I did not funnel out the petg, I was gonna get a ball valve but my mom didn't let me go the the hardware store. I reanforced (SP?) my trigger. What do you mean 1/2" reducer?

Well a 1/2" ball valve will not really accept stefans. So you will want to step it up to a 3/4". to get that to fir 1/2" PVC you will need an adapter or reducer. basically its just a peice of PVC that acts as a spacer to make the 3/4" fit on the 1/2". I got mine at home depot. the ball was about 3 bucks and the reducer was like 30 cents.

As for funneling. I think I'm the only one that actually does that. But I've found that it is a simple and effective mod. It gives a much smoother transition into the barrel, reduces the turbulence at that point as it does not create any backpressure. And it makes it that much easier to load a dart. It I think is a very important step when doing the RSCB because it also helps direct the dart.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 01 September 2009 - 11:18 PM.

#24 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:10 AM

Well a 1/2" ball valve will not really accept stefans. So you will want to step it up to a 3/4". to get that to fir 1/2" PVC you will need an adapter or reducer. basically its just a peice of PVC that acts as a spacer to make the 3/4" fit on the 1/2". I got mine at home depot. the ball was about 3 bucks and the reducer was like 30 cents.

As for funneling. I think I'm the only one that actually does that. But I've found that it is a simple and effective mod. It gives a much smoother transition into the barrel, reduces the turbulence at that point as it does not create any backpressure. And it makes it that much easier to load a dart. It I think is a very important step when doing the RSCB because it also helps direct the dart.

I've also had good results from flaring out the receiving end of my brass barrels, as well as pushing the brass a little farther into the pvc it's nested into to increase the funnelly effect. For me, it's made the difference between an almost 40% misfire rate and an rscb that works perfectly.
"A lot" is two words.

#25 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:05 AM

I do this as well. I go as far as actually funneling the PVC in addition to the barrel material. In the below pic, the PVC was funneled by twisting wire cutters into the end (the sides are sharp enough to shave the PVC) and the brass was flared with the same thing except it more bent the brass then removed material.
Posted Image
I've never used an RSCB without a barrel like this, so I'm not sure how much it helps. All I know is that my RSCB's rarely jam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users