So, I ended up with a '1500 tank and two AT2K tanks with the black rubber part of the valve blown out and I decided to fix them.
Here's the stuff you will need:
-The broken tank as shown
-A 1+1/2" piece of a straw
-Bent piece of wire or something to put superglue into the tank
-pokey thing that is sharp at the end
-surgical pliers or needle nose pliers
You won't be able to work on it if you can't keep it open, here's where the straw comes in.
Cut the straw lengthwise so that it can be opened, then pull the valve open and slip it on:
While it's open clean the base of the sealing mechanism with the que tip and score the base of it with the pokey thing:
Then clean and then sand the back of the rubber part to give the super glue more surface area attach to and use a bent piece of wire to put superglue onto the back of the sealing mechanism.
Quickly put the rubber part into the tank sideways:
and using the pliers situate it correctly on the valve stem, then remove the straw and pull and release the stem pounding the rubber part into place.
It should look like this:
Apply silicone grease and it should function perfectly, this should be applicable for SM750s, AT2Ks, AT3Ks and SM1500s (for which the air release tube must be cut down).
Edited by atomatron, 31 August 2009 - 10:51 PM.