First the finished product.
Posted Image

Materials
3/4" id polycarbonate tube (barrel material) Mcmaster #8585K35
Ace 3/4" caulk backer
These washers #91090A101 or pennies
A knife
A hot glue gun

First cut out a two inch section of caulk backer. Repeat until all the backer is gone.
Posted Image

There is no need to straighten the darts with heat or anything. Because of their size they can be straightened with your fingers by just squeazing.

Next apply hot glue to the washer or penny and lightly press it onto the the section of backer.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Then cut a smaller half centimeter peice of backer like this.
Posted Image

Glue it onto the front of the dart as padding.
Once your done the darts should stand up like Slug's do. And finally a size comparison to a regular stephan.
Posted Image

Q's? C's? F's?

Also sorry about the crappy picture quality. I used a cell phone. Better pics will be coming soon (by Monday). Also if anyone has the coding to put the picture directly into the post; that would help. For some reason, my computer has stopped giving me the option of pics links and emails ion the posting page.

Edited by Bedhed117, 28 August 2009 - 02:55 PM.

QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#2 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:26 AM

Why do these need a name? They're just larger washer stefans.

#3 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 01:27 AM

I'm pretty sure 3/4 inch darts are already called "Jumbos," but using a penny is an inspired choice. What blaster do you use these with?

EDIT: I tried typing in the image code for you but it told me I wasn't allowed to use it for some reason. Weird.

Edited by Collective, 28 August 2009 - 01:28 AM.

"A lot" is two words.

#4 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:40 PM

would you ming using the correct tags for posting images that photobucket provides? i hate it when i have to claic back and forth to look at pics. its a pain when trying to browse this shit on my phone. not to mention just anoying.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#5 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

Why do these need a name? They're just larger washer stefans.

They use a larger washer and a diferent system of padding. I figured Big-Darts sounded retarded so I made it B-Darts.

I'm pretty sure 3/4 inch darts are already called "Jumbos," but using a penny is an inspired choice. What blaster do you use these with?

EDIT: I tried typing in the image code for you but it told me I wasn't allowed to use it for some reason. Weird.

I have a couplered barrel. It fires of of my Titan and Supa Splat extremely well. Also due to the padding used I can quite comfortably fire them point blank at the side of my head using a fully pumped, plugged Titan. It doesn't hurt any more than it does at one pump. Also sorry about the name thing. I searched for Mega Stefans, Giant Stefans, Mongo Stefans, and Super Stefans. I thought that these were an original idea.

EDIT: Thank you BlackSunshine.

Edited by Bedhed117, 28 August 2009 - 02:56 PM.

QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#6 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:01 PM

Would be nice to experiment with a rubber bushing/washer behind and in front of the washer in the dart. Good ammo size for a PAS, BBBB, or a Lanard Hand Cannon.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users