Vulcan Troubles..

Searched, and this one seems uncommon.

8 replies to this topic

#1 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

Ok, so, I searched and searched and asked and asked and searched a bit more and still haven't seen or heard of anything like this.

The problem is with the cog/chain advancement system, though not like anything I've seen before. It's with probably the smallest, but one of the most important components of the gun.

It's a small wedge that works with the advancement wheel.

Here's pictures.

The problem is with this specific area.

Posted Image

That orange wheel right in front of it is the chain cog.

Posted Image

Here it is in its current state.

Posted Image

I need it like THIS when nothing is pushing up against it.

There's a small spring that pushes it, but it seems to be so damn weak on my gun.

Any fixes?
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#2 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:38 PM

My vulcan lies open on my desk, I will look into it tomorrow, I need to reinforce that piece somehow anyway.
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#3 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

Damn. I remember having this exact problem one of the times I was modding mine, but that was over a year ago and I don't remember what the fix was. I remember it was really simple, like just re-aligning something. Nothing to do with epoxy or anything like that. Hope that helps somewhat. Just try fiddling with it.
Teehee.

#4 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

I'm gonna go try to pull out the spring and try to compress it. Really, it seems like the wedge just has to have a lot more pressure on it from the spring, and it'll be fixed. Results later tonight, if the spring comes out.

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#5 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:40 PM

This is the problem I had with my Vulcan (from goodwill), I pushed the rod out and replaced the spring with one made from an AR spring that I bent to the same shape.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#6 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:04 PM

My peg just won't fucking come out. I tried a pin, a micro-screwdriver, a small nail. It seems glued in. If there's a quick fix besides this, please tell.

#7 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:33 AM

hmm...sorry not much help from me, other than good luck..................
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#8 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:16 PM

Try using a hairdryer on the piece with the pin for two reasons:

One being that if it is just pressure the plastic will expand making the pin looser.

Two being that if it is glued the heat will likely break the bond, or at least weaken it.

#9 maseman 46

maseman 46

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:23 PM

I have seen this in many vulcans, the problem is that the spring does not push enough. All you have to do is bend the little peice that pushes on the plastic. If that did not make any sense let me know and i can get a picture.
The only way to get a recon over 100' would be to throw it.-atomatron

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?-foxdemon82

My sales thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users