Make A Scout-crossfire!

A 10-Minute Mod!

6 replies to this topic

#1 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:36 AM

Got a Scout, a Crossfire, a Dremel, and 10 minutes? Then you've got all you need to make a Scout-Crossfire!

Just use the Dremel to extend the track on the bottom of the Scout's slide and it'll fit in place of the Crossfire's slide. Reinforce the posts that hold the metal cross-rod with a little epoxy putty, screw that shit on, and you have one bad-ass springer. And, since the slide now has a ring on it, you can dual-wield them!

Posted Image

If the enemy's close enough to notice the awesomeness of your new blaster, you'll probably be able to hit them. Possibly. It's still a Crossfire, after all.
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#2 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

Interesting. I've done this with a Maverick cocking mechanism before but not the Scouts. Unfortunately, the only practical use I can see for this is minimization which isn't going to happen so long as you have the ammo barrel on. Good work all the same.
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#3 ChaosRaisin

ChaosRaisin

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:58 AM

Nice work. It seems that reloading would get a little tricky though.
Zorn- "Or, if you play the socal/"real" way, you have some pokeballs, some energy cards, and two dudes in caps who yell at each other."

#4 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

The new slide doesn't get in the way of the barrel at all. It's no more difficult to load and cock than a stock Crossfire.
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#5 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

Wouldn't it just be easier to drill a little hole through the back of the original crossfire slide and make a little wire loop?
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#6 ChaosRaisin

ChaosRaisin

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

The new slide doesn't get in the way of the barrel at all. It's no more difficult to load and cock than a stock Crossfire.

I meant that you would have to use both hands to reload one gun leaving the other one hanging there.
Zorn- "Or, if you play the socal/"real" way, you have some pokeballs, some energy cards, and two dudes in caps who yell at each other."

#7 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:52 PM

uhh.. the old slide didn't get in the way of the barrel either.

It looks alright tho a little weird that it doesnt slide all the way forward.
Does the slide being further back then it should be stop the plunger from moving all the way forward like it should?

Edited by Blacksunshine, 27 August 2009 - 04:25 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users