Photo

Thoughts On Making A Rf20 Better?

I think this would work, but I need more profesional advice.

2 replies to this topic

#1 anubas911

anubas911

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:18 AM

So I have had my Rapid fire 20 for a long time never done anything really cool to it. So I was looking at it and I noticed the spring. Now I thought to myself what might this do. At first I thought "Oh its probably just what opens and closed the airway, but why would it be such a large spring (not large, but you get what I'm saying). So then I thought maybe its like the Vulcan and the air auto-primes the spring, and if that is the case what I could add or replace a spring. I havren't tried yet cause I want more advice before I screw it up. Im pretty sure it works the first way, but I'm not sure and haven't had time to mess with it. What do you guys think?

#2 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:50 AM

That spring is actually the plunger for the gun. Adding a more powerful one would, perhaps, make it slower, but make it more powerful. What happens is the air filters into the plunger tube, kind of cocking the spring, and then releases the plunger tube firing the dart. If air constantly goes in, it will repeat the process. So increasing the spring power might increase dart distance, but it will slow down the firing because it takes more air pressure to cock it back. Good luck!
-iMod
A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:53 AM

That spring is actually the plunger for the gun.
-iMod

No it's not. The spring regulates the pressure at which the piston reaches the end of its stroke, at which point the valve leading to the turret is open and the air exhausts. The spring then returns the piston to its closed and retracted position.
Neither of you seem to understand how automatics work, so please search and read more on the topic. We also do not welcome theorizing threads.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 27 August 2009 - 09:55 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users