Photo

Dtb Help

11 replies to this topic

#1 basser

basser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

Im having trouble shooting my DTB to just stock ranges. What i have done is stretched the spring, put e-tape under o-ring, removed the ar's , and improved the connection from the plunger to the turret.

If someone could help i would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by basser, 23 August 2009 - 10:59 PM.

#2 etrankill3r

etrankill3r

• Banned
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

mayb you made the seal really good, 2 good, did you put 2 much etape that it takes 2 much force, and have you lubed the plunger

#3 Collective

Collective

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:16 PM

Did you take out the pegs? If you're using stock darts taking out the pegs really hurts performance in my experience. On the other hand, stephans fit in pretty much perfectly in the stock barrels if the pegs are removed. Also, stretching out the spring can really hurt it unless you heat treat it.
"A lot" is two words.

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:45 PM

I hope you din't remove the whole ar piece, you just have to drill a hole beneath where the peg was.

#5 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:26 AM

Did you lube it? Also, pictures would be really helpful.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#6 LNL plus LS equals WIN

LNL plus LS equals WIN

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:25 AM

I think you got a lemon. I removed the whole ar(peg and all) and still got stock ranges.
Jun 24 2009, 02:57 PM
MY ASS IS GLORIOUS!
VACC

QUOTE(CA13 @ Aug 15 2009, 05:59 PM) View Post

Ryan- Could you weigh the balls for extra oomph? Maybe cut one ball open (like a slit) and spread it so you could get some weights in there?

#7 basser

basser

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:55 AM

Well i only wrapped one layer of thin e-tape under the the o-ring, i lubed everything except, the plunger to the turret, took out he pegs and drilled through he bottom of the plates.

And before i put on the better seal it still would go the same distance as when i had the better seal.

I don't know if it matter but i have the red version, of the darttag. Not the new hyprerfire set.

Edited by basser, 24 August 2009 - 08:57 AM.

#8 Possemhunter

Possemhunter

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:52 AM

Make sure that the barrels line up with the plunger when you pull the trigger to fire. It sounds like the turret isn't advancing all the way.

#9 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:52 AM

Well I have had a similar problem with my RF20 turret. When I opened it up and took all the ar's/ pegs out whole, it worsened the performance because the ar's kept air from going around the outside of the barrel. Maybe it's the same with the dtg, so my suggestion is to be absolutely positive you are not losing air from where the ar's used to be.

#10 dubcwill

dubcwill

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

I've seen my dtb perform like crap because of e-tape under an o-ring. If you really want it, make it really thin and lube it alot. I still dont bother with dtb's, I just give them a barrel replacement.
He's my slave. Or he will be. I promise when I take over youtube, I will enslave Uni13. That is all. DBNF

#11 alextwin007

alextwin007

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:59 PM

Did you take apart the turret to get the AR’s? If so then you have to glue the turret together to make sure its airtight.
Join the revolution
Nerf Revolution

#12 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:38 PM

Did you put in the white piece that stabalizes the turret? Thats what my problem was.
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users