Photo

Couple Of Questions

5 replies to this topic

#1 Lygur

Lygur

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

1. How is ammo handled at a war? Bring your own, everyone donate to a big bin of ammo, finders keepers...

2. And I didn't see this in a search. Anyone have trouble with the barrel of the Maverick not turning in time? I bought one and the dart fired to early or to late. Figured maybe a defective gun so bought another and it does better but still the same most of the time.

#2 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

It's not really that the barrel doesn't turn in time, its that the Maverick's turret mechanism starts and ends with the barrel on the side of the air output, not aligned. Make sure that you don't fire too fast, and pull the trigerr back all the way.

#3 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

At wars people are expected to bring their own darts. To fix your rotation issues on your maverick I would do cs's mod and trigger spring relocation.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#4 Lygur

Lygur

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

Thanks for the help

#5 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

When you go to a war, it's BYOD - bring your own darts. Generally, each Nerfer brings a big batch of Stefans that they tailor for their specific style and blasters.

Sometimes a few guys will get together before a war and make some communal darts, but this is pretty rare - each Nerfer has their own special blend of weights, foam, glue, herbs, and spices, and no Nerfer will ever trust another's dartmaking skill.

So go pick up some 1/2" caulk saver, a big bag of BB's, some hot glue, and a long movie before your next war! How many you'll need depends on how you play - in one war, a friend of mine used only 50 darts, while I chewed up more than 200.

After each match, everyone dumps the darts they picked up into a bucket so each Nerfer might be able to salvage a few. Typically you'll only get about 10% of your darts back, and the last guy to leave usually embezzles the unclaimed darts.
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#6 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

When you go to a war, it's BYOD - bring your own darts. Generally, each Nerfer brings a big batch of Stefans that they tailor for their specific style and blasters.

Sometimes a few guys will get together before a war and make some communal darts, but this is pretty rare - each Nerfer has their own special blend of weights, foam, glue, herbs, and spices, and no Nerfer will ever trust another's dartmaking skill.

So go pick up some 1/2" caulk saver, a big bag of BB's, some hot glue, and a long movie before your next war! How many you'll need depends on how you play - in one war, a friend of mine used only 50 darts, while I chewed up more than 200.

After each match, everyone dumps the darts they picked up into a bucket so each Nerfer might be able to salvage a few. Typically you'll only get about 10% of your darts back, and the last guy to leave usually embezzles the unclaimed darts.

Well, let me add onto that.

Communal dartsmithing is, indeed rare, but, it's not hard to do. If you can organize a few friends to make some darts with you, then you're all set.

As an option to store bought caulk saver, or FBR (foam backing rod), you could also get some online, either from online stores (like McMaster-Carr or Loghome) or from NIC members who have stumbled upon foam that is exceptional enough to sell.

There are tons of things you can weight your darts with. Feel free to try something new, as long as it's safe. Common weights are .177 calibre BBs, 1/4" Steel Slingshot weights, #8 washers, and various sized fishing weights.

Also, however many darts you get back can be greatly influenced by the darts themselves. You have a greater chance of recovering a white, red, pink, yellow, or orange dart than you do a grey, black, or tan one. Search the FBR directory for where these colours of foam can be found (some colours included were considering the possibility or re-weighted stock darts, referred to as CDDTs).
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users