Nitefinder + Maverick Integration

Anyone else tried this before?

19 replies to this topic

#1 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

I was bored yesterday and decided to take advantage of the Maverick's "N-Strike tactical rail". I've searched, and not found anyone else who's done this type of mod, so here it is:

Posted Image

The female tactical rail adapter is from a strikefire (crossfire), and is attached with a couple spare parts i had laying around. Namely, a strip of PVC on the side you can't see, and an L-bracket flattened out with the help of pliers.

In order to keep the Maverick from falling off easily, there's a screw in the rail that blocks the sliding of the adapter.

Ranges are normal.

Mods on NF:
Spring replacement
Pet Store PETG barrel replacement

Mods on Maverick:
Slip mechanism glued
4 Pennies behind spring

Note: For those people who will rant on and on about how mavericks suck, I nerf indoors. 30' with stock darts is plenty.

Edited by rbtying, 19 August 2009 - 02:29 AM.

#2 HMoney

HMoney

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:36 PM

That's really nice work. I haven't seen this kind of integration mod yet, so I must say I like your originallity. I do have one question though: Which one of the guns gets 30' range? Other than that, it looks great.
Someday, everything you own right now will be sold or destroyed when you die. So let's be happy!

#3 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

Maverick fires anywhere from 25 to 35 feet (It seems to be one of the few that work decently, so I'm afraid of removing the ARs)

NF gets somewhere between 50 and 80 feet. I'm not sure because I paced and got 80, but I'm using stock darts and stock o-ring.

#4 HMoney

HMoney

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:48 PM

(It seems to be one of the few that work decently, so I'm afraid of removing the ARs)

Don't be afraid to remove the AR's. I too was afraid of modding it too at first, but it's worth it. I do have one important thing to tell you: Only take out the prongs and the spring in the barrel! If you've read any of my forums I had some trouble in the past with the AR removal. I had modded two maverick barrels before, but I had taken too much out in one of them(and then it broke). So don't worry, but be careful!
Someday, everything you own right now will be sold or destroyed when you die. So let's be happy!

#5 hardshot

hardshot

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

I would think that it would be difficult to prime the maveric by pulling back on the nightfinder.
NEON GREEN DARTS! FINALLY!

I've Been Dreaming of this day.

-Baghead

If you are CANADIAN, Join the Canadian nerf site right now! Click me if your canadian

#6 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

It's not, surprisingly. Instead of pulling back on the Nitefinder, the best way to do it is to hold the NF and push forward on the Maverick. Since the mav spring is pitiful at best, it's not hard at all to cock.

#7 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

Maverick fires anywhere from 25 to 35 feet (It seems to be one of the few that work decently, so I'm afraid of removing the ARs)

NF gets somewhere between 50 and 80 feet. I'm not sure because I paced and got 80, but I'm using stock darts and stock o-ring.

You got 80 feet with stock darts? With PETG? I don't believe you.
QUOTE(VACC @ Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM) View Post

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#8 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:36 PM

1. It's a weird pet-store PETG type thing, the fit is similar to CPVC, from what I can tell
2. As I said before, I paced the range, so its more likely somewhere in the high 60's and 70's range

#9 Betrayal

Betrayal

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:02 PM

It just seems unlikely that you can get EVEN 50/60 feet with stock darts. Some people get that with stefans.
Then again, you have a replacement spring. What kind did you use?
QUOTE(VACC @ Apr 15 2009, 11:23 AM) View Post

Doing shit is hard work.

VACC

#10 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:39 PM

...pictures aren't working for me but from the description I think you should try to do that to two mavs.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#11 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 02:34 AM

It just seems unlikely that you can get EVEN 50/60 feet with stock darts. Some people get that with stefans.
Then again, you have a replacement spring. What kind did you use?

I used the 25lb. spring from Home Depot. It comes in a pack of four, with two 1" long 50lb springs and 2 4" long 25lb springs. I cut off 1.5 coils because it didn't fit, though.

60' isn't really that hard to get with stock darts, the main thing is that you have to be using a tighter barrel and have decent air output.

...pictures aren't working for me but from the description I think you should try to do that to two mavs.

Picture is now working again, sorry. Also, the main point of the integration is a relatively small form factor gun with both rate of fire and range. Since it's for indoors, I don't expect anything needing more than an NF range, and the Maverick is a good backup. Two mavericks would leave me open to someone else with a NF.

#12 humfree

humfree

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

Doesn't it get annoying to cock the maverick?

never mind...

Edited by humfree, 19 August 2009 - 04:59 PM.

When your primary doesnt work, try your secondary
When your secondary doesnt work, hit someone with it and check their primary
If their primary doesnt work, go on hiting poeple until you find a gun that works
If no one is left concious when you find a gun that works, leave without warning.

#13 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

OMFG NOOBFEST

Ok, look, at where you have the NF its just a practical a holding it in your other hand. This is kinda like priming it with your dick. Which= STUPID

Sorry, I know I'm being an asshole, but if you actually wanted to integrate a NF into a maverick THAT bad you could try something like this

Posted Image

Courtesy of my noobish 1st post :P But try that, make it clean. On a brighter note the NF attachment to the clip looks GREAT! if you cut the handle off you could put it on more things. Like a gun that needed a pistol to be attached <_<

#14 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:42 PM

In the wars I nerf in, there's a lot of cover and not much space to shoot in. The idea behind the gun was that I could use the NF most of the time, but where I'm faced with multiple people shooting at me, I could just fire from the Maverick and not worry so much about reloading. Many people in my nerf group use Mavs as primaries, and do decently well with them.

"... as practical as holding it in your other hand"
^^ I'd have to drop the NF in order to prime the mav with a decent RoF. Or the other way around.

As for your integration idea, there's two reasons I didn't do that:
1. It involves cutting the shell, so I can't take the guns apart and lend, say, the maverick to a friend.
2. I thought it'd be a pain to prime the maverick when it (the slide) would be behind my right hand. As it is, the mav primes like a BBB does, and is very easy.

Other advantage: It takes a quick twist and a slight pull in an awkward direction to separate the guns, so if I really needed to, I could drop a gun and use the other.

Thanks for the compliment about the clip attachment - I didn't start out wanting cleanliness so much as being able to test out the idea without killing my ability to open the NF shell, but it turned out quite nicely.

For anyone else wanting to integrate an N-strike Tac Rail clip onto an NF this way, the 90 degree angle brackets commonly found at Home Depot fit very nicely into the slot between the ammo holders. That's probably the only reason this thing works without glue, actually.

Quick Question: Are there any other guns that cock with a slide and have decent RoF? The DTB set is too expensive, otherwise I'd have used one of those instead of a Maverick.

Edited by rbtying, 19 August 2009 - 07:46 PM.

#15 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

cock with a slide and have decent RoF?

RFDG, New Xtreme Air Shotgun, tek 6 (sucks), tek 10(sucks), bezerker. And of course a Penis

#16 humfree

humfree

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:08 PM

the furyfire doesn't use a slide but sounds like what you need. A ten shot rotating barrel and a pump action.
When your primary doesnt work, try your secondary
When your secondary doesnt work, hit someone with it and check their primary
If their primary doesnt work, go on hiting poeple until you find a gun that works
If no one is left concious when you find a gun that works, leave without warning.

#17 jubjub517

jubjub517

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:03 AM

I feel this "Mod" is way too impractical. I also feel it doesn't deserve its own Topic, but i won't get into that just yet.

If you rely feel compelled to do a Maverick - NF integration then i would ditch the "clip on shit", and smother that mother fucker with some epoxy. I would also cut out the light and its housing. Something like this blue NF.

Posted Image
This Image was Borrowed from NerfMonkey from his sales thread.

And just epoxy on the barrel (I would first house your PETG with some PVC) and the little stub of the shell. This is all kind of hard to explain in text. If i rely have too i can show you a 5 min diagram of it (Via Paint).

The reason why I rely hate this mod is because your integrating a much larger gun onto a small pistol. The only advantage to this is that you will give your maverick a slightly faster ROF (if that). NF just aren't ment for integrations (Except for a 2k tank or something like that). NFs are pistols and Mavericks are pistols. The only way to integrate two pistols is "Manta Style". But even that is stretching the practicality of our nerf guns (More of the Maverick then the NF).

Quick Question: Are there any other guns that cock with a slide and have decent RoF? The DTB set is too expensive, otherwise I'd have used one of those instead of a Maverick.

One of the great advantages of Nerfhaven, is the fact that you can buy $30/$40 gun for about $8, $10 or even $15.

Edited by jubjub517, 04 September 2009 - 11:40 AM.

[18:17] <+Jugs> Hey beefy
[18:17] <+Nerfer> pls dont call me that
[18:18] * Nerfer is now known as Guest17574
[18:18] <+Lucian151> Woah its Beefy Theify
[18:19] <+Guest17574> STOP CALLING ME THAT IM NOT FAT
[18:19] <+Guest17574> pls

#18 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:07 AM

@ buying online: No Paypal. Parents don't allow money through mail. No bank account. Don't really have much of a way to buy through NH, unless it's from someone who lives nearby and is willing to come to my house (no car either).

@ clip-on shit: The whole point is that I can de-integrate the guns and lend the maverick out to a friend. I don't nerf with holsters, so carrying two pistols generally means only using one at a time, a problem when rushed.

I was going to use epoxy at first, but I'm not done modding the NF, and I need to be able to open the shell. I'll minimize the NF when I get epoxy putty to seal the huge-ass hole that it would leave behind.

@humfree: I need a decent amount of range and some RoF, not really at the same time. Problem is I don't have a way to get OMC PETG, and mine is too thick to fit into just about anything, including PVC. This means rebarreling turreted guns won't work, ie the Furyfire.

The point of me starting a thread on this was because I thought it hadn't been tried before, and I wanted feedback on it. I'd like to think it better than the posts with zero grammar and spelling and standard AR removal mods. Sorry if it offended you.

#19 jubjub517

jubjub517

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:53 PM

@ buying online: No Paypal. Parents don't allow money through mail. No bank account. Don't really have much of a way to buy through NH, unless it's from someone who lives nearby and is willing to come to my house (no car either).

Um, That sucks. The least I can do is direct you to a $5 off and 25 free darts with your next purchase.

@ clip-on shit: The whole point is that I can de-integrate the guns and lend the maverick out to a friend. I don't nerf with holsters, so carrying two pistols generally means only using one at a time, a problem when rushed.

Make some holsters. You would be very surprised by how much they help.

If you still want the clip on shit thats fine. The problem i would find is that shaking the gun would cause it to fall off (Especially held facing the ground).

I may have misunderstood what you meant by "de-integrate the guns and lend the maverick out to a friend". I believe your talking mid-war right?

@humfree: I need a decent amount of range and some RoF, not really at the same time. Problem is I don't have a way to get OMC PETG, and mine is too thick to fit into just about anything, including PVC. This means rebarreling turreted guns won't work, ie the Furyfire.

Well, the Furyfire is basically a 10 shot maverick. Since your wars involve Mavericks as primary, the furyfire is not a bad choice. I doubt that any other nerfers there use OMC PETG. So they probably get about 30ft off of there Mavericks. a Furyfire is very expensive right now. and since you can't shop on eBay, i doubt you will begetting one. Same with the raider. A raider is a rushing gun. It has a incredible ROF. It gets 40ft flat with basic AR removal. Sounds like your kind of gun.

My advise to you is to save $30 for the fall. Pick a gun that you find suitable, and use it. Weather its the Furyfire, Raider or even the classic DTG. If your satisfied that the Dtg is your kind a gun. Then get it now. Also, Don't be afraid to mod your guns. Especially removing the ARs.

The point of me starting a thread on this was because I thought it hadn't been tried before, and I wanted feedback on it. I'd like to think it better than the posts with zero grammar and spelling and standard AR removal mods. Sorry if it offended you.

I like people new to the haven who value grammar and spelling, Unlike past victims of the "Ban Hammer" I'm actually glad now that you started this post. I feel many off haven members will find this discussion "Eye Opening" and useful for there nerfing carer. No offense taken.
[18:17] <+Jugs> Hey beefy
[18:17] <+Nerfer> pls dont call me that
[18:18] * Nerfer is now known as Guest17574
[18:18] <+Lucian151> Woah its Beefy Theify
[18:19] <+Guest17574> STOP CALLING ME THAT IM NOT FAT
[18:19] <+Guest17574> pls

#20 rbtying

rbtying

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:25 PM

@ Great Dart Giveaway: I sent the form in today... how coincidental.

@ Buying online: I have discovered that the Safeway near my house sells Visa gift cards, which can be used to activate Paypal accounts. That means I have a small, limited amount of money in Paypal, for the first time. I probably won't buy much though, since there's a premium on getting visa gift cards to charge it with.

@ Holsters: I will, eventually.

@ Gun falling off clip: I hold it with both hands, one on each handle. The only time it'd fall if is during priming, and it has yet to happen.

@ De-integration: I don't have many guns, so when friends come over I can't be greedy and take two guns out of 6 or 7. Also if my friend is using a magstrike/rf20, they need a backup.

@ Getting a new gun: It's hard to explain to my parents that I really really need a $30 gun... especially if said $30 can buy three other guns. I will hopefully be buying some PETG in the near future though. I need to test it's fit on my foam.

About the raider: It's not out yet, otherwise I would have gotten one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users