someone should set up a group buy

12 replies to this topic

#1 Drano

Drano

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:15 PM

Hello all,

I haven't been active for some time now, but I came across this item and immediately thought of you guys.

Someone should set up a group buy if they were nice, or be a bit more entrepreneurial if they were so inclined.

Best of all, you can get the NerfHaven logo imprinted on them.

Here's the link : Marco Promotional Products

Posted Image

#2 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

Wow, those look pretty nice. I personally would never use them because my eye protection is my glasses that I wear, since my glasses are rather large. Nice find by the way.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#3 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

Hm... Well, that is one way to do it.

I never woulda thought of that. I use an old paintball helmet or some shop glasses.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#4 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

This "someone" you speak of does not exist. Why don't you do it?
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#5 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:46 PM

Nice find, but unfortunately I don't think these are actual safety glasses. It doesn't even mention if they block UV rays, like the other wraparound sunglasses state. Hence, the 2 dollar price tag. They do look nice though, kinda like Oakley knockoffs.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#6 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

Nice find, but unfortunately I don't think these are actual safety glasses. It doesn't even mention if they block UV rays, like the other wraparound sunglasses state. Hence, the 2 dollar price tag. They do look nice though, kinda like Oakley knockoffs.

Yes, because we're firing UV rays out of our blasters.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#7 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

... and we all know how much a BBB can punch through plastic. If it can't dent a cheap knock-off toy, it can't break these.

Edited by wing'd man, 18 August 2009 - 05:33 PM.

#8 Dragon216

Dragon216

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for pointing these out. I might consider bringing them up to a club a belong to at college that nerfs

#9 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:23 PM

... and we all know how much a BBB can punch through plastic. If it can't dent a cheap knock-off toy, it can't break these.

Well, I've stated my opinion. I'd rather be safe than blind is all. BBB's may not punch through plastic, but metal bb's can.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#10 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

I might do it, if I can get the capital.

But, if I do this, I would sell them for 4.00 + Shipping, (which is a little less than the non-wholesale price per item). I would probably want to start out with a very small amount, see if I can get permission to use the Nerfhaven name and/or logo. And look at nerfstrong wristbands, those kick ass, and they have only sold about 150 of them during the time that they've been around. I want to know that these would sell, and that might just not happen.

I might be more likely to do this if someone (preferably local) went in on it with me.

EDIT: I'll ask around on the chat, to see if people might be interested in buying or partnering with me on these.

Edited by Foamfoot, 18 August 2009 - 10:53 PM.

Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#11 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 10:47 PM

Well, I've stated my opinion. I'd rather be safe than blind is all. BBB's may not punch through plastic, but metal bb's can.

Dude this is nerf, nobody's going to shoot you with metal BBs.

I'd like to invest in these, but I just don't see any potential demand. Almost everyone has some form of protective eye ware already.

#12 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:10 PM

Hell. I'd buy them. If they were emblazoned with the NerfHaven logo.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#13 Possemhunter

Possemhunter

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:11 AM

I use the same safety glasses that I use for modding for nerfing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users