Magstike Redo....

bigger air tank

14 replies to this topic

#1 jamz

jamz

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:13 PM

One day I was just pumping it up them bam! The rubber bladder blew up. So I caved out the insides of it and shoved in a 2in pvc pipe in to it. Panted it ultra flat black. :wacko:

Posted Image

It will fit...barely

Posted Image

Getting a rubber grommet that size was a pain to find.

Posted Image

It kept wanting to push out, so some welding wire fixed it.

Posted Image

Done.

Posted Image

#2 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

So you repalced the bladder with a 2 inch PVC pipe?
Impressive...

Im expecting it gets better ranges, correct? Or at least more clips off before re-pumping...

Edited by Glint, 13 August 2009 - 06:18 PM.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#3 jamz

jamz

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

Yep I sure did. I like to recycle :wacko: Well range is about the same as before, I can get about a clip and a half off with out re-pumping. The bladder squeezed the air out, where as the pipe doesn't.

#4 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:12 PM

That's great and all, but you see, my problem with the MS isn't that you only get one clip off with 20 pumps as much as it that you get 10 darts with 20 pumps. I got min modded so I can pump it like 50 times and get 2 and a half clips out, but I don't have time to sit there and pump it 50 times. What we need to be working on is a pump that can fill the bladder in 10 pumps or less. Otherwise to me, it can't beat the rf20. Once we get that taken care of, we can add like 4 bladders to it and get off 8 mags before repumping.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#5 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:38 PM

Ooohhh flat black, how innovative...

seriously though, this is somehting I have been interested in..

how many pumps?

im actually trying to resize an airtank so it fires 2 or 3 rounds. trying to lower pumping and dart use. 3 shot burst if you want it in "uber military terms"

Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#6 jamz

jamz

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:15 PM

Actually it fire 1 through 10 just as fast as normal.It takes about 35 to 40 pumps. Yeah I wish it could only take 10 pumps, if I were to redo it again I would have put in a heavy type balloon In side the PCV or something to that effect.

#7 spartan062

spartan062

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:57 AM

What we need to be working on is a pump that can fill the bladder in 10 pumps or less.

That's easy. Just take several bike pumps and connect them together.
Join the Revolution- NerfRevolution.com

#8 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:49 AM

It stinks that it takes like 40 pumps, but whatever.

His was blown so at least he managed to find a way to fix it, (besides buying a new bladder).

Also when your in a war you generally have a whole team to back you up when youre pumping your gun, in this
case 35-40 times.

Very creative fix of a bladder, and the PVC is probably A LOT more solid too.
On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#9 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:31 AM

im actually trying to resize an airtank so it fires 2 or 3 rounds. trying to lower pumping and dart use.

Good call, the only problem I can see would be a consistent and accurate spread. The benefit of the inner tube (I had thought, and at least with CPS soakers) was a steady flow even at the last few shots as the elastic continues to put pressure on kinetically.

Definitely try this with a minimized hard tank first, but don't be surprised if you have to rig up a tiny elastic bladder on this sort of blaster. Worthy project.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#10 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

Remember SPV? Filling 2 Magstrikes and a Titan with 5 pumps? I think that making 2 GIANT air tanks out if 1" thinwall PVC and strapping them onto your back would be interesting, pump it up 2000 times the day before the war (pump it up 100 times, wait an hour, pump, wait, pump, wait...) with a ground mounted bike pump, detach the pump, and BAM! 1000 clips!

#11 jamz

jamz

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

Yeah I defiantly don't have to worry about the tank blowing up. It also made the gun weight a lot more. Better then buying a new one I think. :)

#12 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

How much heavier is it now? Looks pretty sweet, though I echo most people's sentiments that I expected it to slow down firing due to the lack of constant pressure. But hey, if it works, it works.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#13 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

Ooohhh flat black, how innovative...

seriously though, this is somehting I have been interested in..

how many pumps?

im actually trying to resize an airtank so it fires 2 or 3 rounds. trying to lower pumping and dart use. 3 shot burst if you want it in "uber military terms"

Don

I like the flat black. It looks good on this because magstrikes don't really look like something that you could mistake for a real gun. It also goes well with the orange trigger and other stuff. The stark industries logo is perfect and doesn't look at all out of place. This is by far my favorite paintjob ever. No exageration. Also that PVC tank is a great idea. Good job,

PS Its 3 round burst if you want to be super technical.
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#14 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:35 PM

PS Its 3 round burst if you want to be super technical.

No we really don't this is nerf not airsoft.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#15 jamz

jamz

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

Well it weights about a half pound more in the tank end. Nope no 3 round burst its all or nothing :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users