Browning Automatic Rifle

BAR out of an RFR

5 replies to this topic

#1 FEARNERFER

FEARNERFER

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

The other day I stumbled across a topic on nerfhaven titled Rpr turned B.a.r. Finished edition I looked over it and realised that I could do something like that, and maybe even do it better. So i set off to Kmart, bought a Buzzbee rapid fire rifle, and after a couple hours of work I came up with this!
Posted Image

The barrel is 1/2 in. Pvc, the darts are the orignals, cut down and made into stefans, and the gun has the bolt action mod. reference pic

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, does anyone know any good ways to remove the stickers? I'm having some trouble with those.

RANGES
1-21ft.
2-19ft.
3-26ft.
4-22ft.
I need to get my hands on a new spring, so I can improve the ranges.

Edited by FEARNERFER, 15 August 2009 - 05:10 PM.

"Don't you just spray lube down the pinhole?"-Magic

#2 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

Looks pretty sweet. To remove stickers get GooGone. Spray some of it on the sticker, wait a couple minutes and then wipe it off with a paper towel. Stuff works great.

#3 Hoceky

Hoceky

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:16 PM

Looks sweet. Just like a WWII BAR(for a Nerf Gun). One question though, is the paint blue or is the lighting making it look like a really light grey. Thanks.

Edited by Hoceky, 15 August 2009 - 05:20 PM.

meh.

#4 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:34 PM

The gray is a nice color, but you could find a metallic spray paint to go over, then distress it by exposing the matte gray paint (with abrasive objects). What happened to the trigger guard? Other then that, cleaner then most RFR cosmetic mods.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#5 Busterthecrashtestdummy

Busterthecrashtestdummy

• Banned
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

Try steaming them off. :lol:
I hate them all.I hate life. More importantly, I hate you

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#6 FEARNERFER

FEARNERFER

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:45 PM

Hoceky-The gun is painted a light gray, the lighting is just what makes it look blue

CA13-Thanks for the idea, but the places I can buy spray paint at here are extremely limited, so I'm sometimes lucky to get just basic colors.

Edited by FEARNERFER, 15 August 2009 - 05:46 PM.

"Don't you just spray lube down the pinhole?"-Magic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users