Photo

Need Help Fixing Maverick

5 replies to this topic

#1 fandango202

fandango202

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:21 PM

The thing that holds the little metal pin on the cocking mechanism has broke on my gun. I looked and I cant find the answer to my question. Can someone please give me some advice or direct me to a write up for fixing this. I'm sorry I posted a whole new topic to ask this but I am inexperienced and am not creative enough to think of something myself :wacko:
When jesus gives you lemons save the recipt.

#2 X RUSHED X

X RUSHED X

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

I had the same problem a few months back. When I asked Angel about it, his response was, "Make room for a machine screw. Then simply washer each side and put a acorn nut on the one threaded end."

If that doesn't work, scrap it. Mavericks are only around $7.
QUOTE(Hipponater @ Oct 7 2009, 05:34 PM) View Post

If it feels hard to pump, stop.

#3 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

I had this happen to me once upon a time. Grab a nail that is similar in diameter to the metal rod that pulls the plunger back and drill a hole that is slightly smaller in diameter than the nail. Hammer the nail through both sides of the slide and dremel off the excess portion of the nail.
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#4 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:48 AM

Try this write-up: Maverick Cocking Handle Repair Guide
I don't take credit for this write-up.

#5 RazorGolem

RazorGolem

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

I had the same problem a few months back. When I asked Angel about it, his response was, "Make room for a machine screw. Then simply washer each side and put a acorn nut on the one threaded end."

If that doesn't work, scrap it. Mavericks are only around $7.

I did something very similiar.
I used those little screw-on spikes you can get at HotTopic. Found a bolt with the same threading. Drilled appropiately, cut the bolt to size, and used two of the screw-on spikes (one on each end).

Looked pretty cool to me, so I drilled some more holes near the front of the mav (in-line with the others), and mounted two more. I like ot more now.

#6 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

I don't think his problem is with the cocking bar, but with the tooth on the plunger tube that it interfaces with.

Just Dremel off the remains, and mold a new tooth in place with epoxy putty.

Edited by Zack the Mack, 15 August 2009 - 12:08 AM.

Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users