Buzz Bee Big Blast Help

Won't Pump

4 replies to this topic

#1 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

Okay, after buying a BBBB from someone here (not gonna give names to avoid negative feedback on that person) I found that the pump o-ring doesn't seal. I tried a few different fixes, but nothing seemed to work.

It's the bright green and blue model (the one that reportedly had pump issues to start with) can anyone please give me some help?
Gimme back my bullets....

#2 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

This is a common problem, in fact the last two white and orange ones I got were completely useless.

What you need is teflon tape to wrap onto the pump shaft well underneath the o ring. Make sure you only wrap on the back half of the well, where it is slightly wider, because you only want the pump to seal one way. It takes a few tries to get it to seal well but it will work. Electric tape may work in a pinch, but teflon is probably easiest and the best option.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#3 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:01 PM

If you are 100% sure it is the pump seal I cannot help.

BUT…I had the same thing happening and the problem was the spring inside the tank that pulls the dump valve shut was weak and the thing basically never would fill.

For that I just epoxyed a spring from a worthless recon safety catch tween the firing pin and the tank to force it closed and it worked like a charm.

Posted Image
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#4 bobbybilly60

bobbybilly60

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

I heard somewhere you can contact buzz bee for a replacement O-ring. But, what I did is I took the original O-ring to Ace and replaced it with a slightly larger O-ring. Works fine now.
Hooah!

#5 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:37 AM

This is a common problem, in fact the last two white and orange ones I got were completely useless.

What you need is teflon tape to wrap onto the pump shaft well underneath the o ring. Make sure you only wrap on the back half of the well, where it is slightly wider, because you only want the pump to seal one way. It takes a few tries to get it to seal well but it will work. Electric tape may work in a pinch, but teflon is probably easiest and the best option.

It was the o-ring. I tested it with a pump-shaft from a black and yellow on I got in a trade from BustaNinja and it help pressure fine. After doing the Teflon tape thing, it works like a charm, thanks a bunch!

This topic can end now.
Gimme back my bullets....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users