Photo

Hand Cannon Air Capacity Expansion.

A must for all Hand cannon owners. more powerful than a pas!

10 replies to this topic

#1 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

I was fooling around with my hand cannon, thinking of the pull action mod. I knew doing so would create a larger air capacity than a Pump action shotgun. I look at the internals and realized. I could have the best of both worlds. I could keep the pump action, yet expand the plunger capacity.

Tools needed

Hacksaw/whatever you use to cut plastic.

Items needed

Lanard Handcannon with all of its needed parts.

Writeup:

Step one: on the inside of the pump half without the screw holes, there are two stems. break the one closest to the the back off.

Posted Image

Step 2: cut your pump handle like so, be sure to cut the back off, not on the front:

Posted Image

Step 3: cut the priming handle like so:\

Posted Image

And that's it. if you cut your springs down a tad, you can get all the way to the 10th notch. without, yoiu can get to the 9th. still 1 more than before.

Ranges are unknown at the moment, but with a 9 inch Cpvc barrel and a RSCB I was able to hit my door from 70-80 feet away in a little less than a second and without much drop. (This was on the last dart in the clip) this thing has some power!

_Stuck by stefan.

Edited by stuck by stefan, 11 August 2009 - 12:47 PM.

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#2 flamincows

flamincows

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

I wanted to do something like this but I was afraid to take the risk. Good to know it works. Is the pump handle still fairly sturdy?
Sex Dwarves: Drug test? What kinds of drugs are we testing?

#3 spartan062

spartan062

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:05 PM

I can see that priming handle snapping from stress. . .
Join the Revolution- NerfRevolution.com

#4 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

The pump handle is fine.

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#5 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:13 PM

one of the biggest problems with the PAs was the fact that the internals were too weak to handle the modifications.

You are moving in the wrong direction by weakening the internals for no reason.

By simply moving the plunger tube forward in the shell you can gain your plunger volume without weakening the mechanism at all...
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#6 Darken

Darken

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

one of the biggest problems with the PAs was the fact that the internals were too weak to handle the modifications.

You are moving in the wrong direction by weakening the internals for no reason.

By simply moving the plunger tube forward in the shell you can gain your plunger volume without weakening the mechanism at all...

Actually unlike the PAS the internals for this gun are very sturdy due to their design. A bit of brass/epoxy putty makes them rock solid. I little reinforcing will make the part he cut plenty strong enough.

#7 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

There is no reason to weaken the stock internals on this blaster at all...Moving the plunger tube forward will accomplish the exact same thing without cutting any vital components.

#8 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

BadWrench, are you saying you're able to move the plunger tube up 1/2 an inch while keeping the priming mechanism and plunger rod in the same place?

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#9 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

BadWrench, are you saying you're able to move the plunger tube up 1/2 an inch while keeping the priming mechanism and plunger rod in the same place?

yes... I did that with mine but only 3mm or so... do not see any problems with moving it more.

#10 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

yes... I did that with mine but only 3mm or so... do not see any problems with moving it more.

On the turreted one , would it not mess with the turret seal?
Join the REVOLUTION!

#11 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:22 PM

this thread is not about the turreted one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users