Break In

12 replies to this topic

#1 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • State:Missouri

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:54 AM

At about 7:30 this morning I woke up to someone kicking my bedroom door trying to get in. At first I thought it was my dad but I heard an unfamiliar voice, so I wasn't sure. When I opened the door there was a black guy standing there and he took off running out the back door. It was one of the scariest moments of my life.

I called the police right after that and 3 police cars came and a search dog. Then I called my dad. It turns out the guy had broken a basement window. He went in my dads room and took some money, a box of change and a watch. There were quarters, dimes, and nickels that had been dropped all around by the back door.

I didn't have my glasses on when I saw the kid, and only saw him for a second. So I couldn't give the police much of a description. None of our computers or tvs were taken, and the thief went right by a few hundred dollars worth of Nerf guns in the basement. Many of them were painted or modified.

That freaked me out seriously. The police are coming back later today to get more information. What can you do when somebody's kicking in your door and your home alone asleep in bed? That was crazy.

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:10 AM

What can you do when somebody's kicking in your door and your home alone asleep in bed?

Post about it on the internet.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 CoasterDynamix757

CoasterDynamix757

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:14 AM

Wow that sucks man.

Jeeze I would have been ready, singled Titan in hand before I when down stairs.
Is it fear or courage that compels you?

Coaster's Everything Thread.

#4 MoonMaster

MoonMaster

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:31 AM

Dude, that sucks. I thought it sucked when I went into my workshop in my garage and found my drill missing. I thought I misplaced it but apparently it had been stolen.

5. Protip: sarcasm is good for making someone else look like more of an idiot than they already do. However, if you are an idiot to start with, using sarcasm just makes you look like a COLOSSAL idiot.

#5 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:36 AM

Shit, I missed the nerf guns?

I guess I'll have to come back tomorrow.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#6 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

But Zorn, he said he was a black guy. A big black guy. Ah, black guys are scary... I'm scared now. AHHHH, a black guy might find out where I live.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#7 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:17 AM

But Zorn, he said he was a black guy. A big black guy. Ah, black guys are scary... I'm scared now. AHHHH, a black guy might find out where I live.

Clearly it was Zorn on stilts with a mask on...
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#8 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

Lesson learned-always have your glasses with you-And keep a singled titan at your side.

But seriously-he didn't rob you-that's good. Although-he was trying to kill you. He was as you said-right by your door-and didn't try and take anything. Now he doesn't even have to break the window. Liking the titan idea?
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#9 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:24 AM

Many of them were painted or modified.

Of course if you have all your toy guns painted all super cool and tactical so they looked like real guns, your little intruder friend is going to be back with his friends to get the thousands of dollars worth of real firearms he saw while in your basement.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#10 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:30 AM

Although-he was trying to kill you. He was as you said-right by your door-and didn't try and take anything.

Oh yeah, that follows perfectly logically. He was a burgler who stole what small and easily portable valuables he could quickly identify before anyone saw him. This is not a poorly written television show; it was not a conspiracy to make it only "look like a robbery". From what he says, it WAS a robbery.

Anyway, that's a pretty frightening experience. I'm sorry to hear you were robbed, though, I guess we should be thankful that the burgler was intelligent, or scared, enough not to add assault to his charges.

#11 catmods

catmods

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:40 AM

i sleep near a phone and bat ever since mom applied for foster kids. currently its a gangster.
"Don't worry I'll just close it. Your gun sucks." - Talio

#12 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:55 AM

Is it at least a vampire bat? Or just one of those wussy fruit bats?
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#13 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

i sleep near a phone and bat ever since mom applied for foster kids. currently its a gangster.

"Gansta" or "Gangster"? As the former will try to get you to screw him up the butt, and the latter will make you sleep with the fishes.

Unless its a "wangsta", then chances are, he'll scream diddle if he tries to hurt you.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users