^capslock because it is internet for yelling

18 replies to this topic

#1 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:44 PM

That was unbelievably Effeminate.

The civil engineering building is possibly the best indoor location ever.
Us five used only a fraction of the usable space (two floors out of 9?). All the hallways that go over one another, multiple stairwells, doors in the hallways and back passages made for a unique environment that worked really well for Nerfing. Indoor tactics were something that I adapted to quickly and I enjoyed it, a lot.

HIGHLIGHTS
-figured out my new indoor setup; dual wielding TTGs with a crossfire shield and a whipshot
-jumping through doors for maximum Effeminateness
-getting an EAB
-I have too many stock darts, which in this case is a good thing

What wasn't a highlight
-the AT2K tank in my SM1500 breaking similarly to last time... I blame flashflint.
-Julian staying for ~50 seconds
-Beaver leaving early and Janga not being able to come

I think that would have been better with more people....like 20, or more..
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#2 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

Yeah, sorry about showing up, handing stuff to Zach, then leaving. I had a wicked headache and had stuff to do later. I will be at the next war, with a decent sidearm (I am making a Franken Finder and I have a freshly CPVCed At2K)

I was looking forward to Nerfing, but it would have ended badly. Sorry guys.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#3 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:36 PM

I've got to say, playing indoors is a lot of fun. The close quarters combat and ambushes that you can set up inside make for some really exciting moments that you just don't get as often in an open outdoors space.

The entire day was great, so my only specific highlight was how fun my Just Toys "Rapid-Fire" was to use. I can't wait for the videos to get put up, they should be pretty good.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#4 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:13 AM

Posted Image

It was good. "Effeminate" is hyperbole -- that adjective is hard to live up to with only 5 people.

+ Regardless of my above qualification, the Civil Engineering Building is indeed an Effeminate indoor location. It is really ideally designed for indoor Nerf. Open walkways, lots of branching passages, nooks to hide in, open stairwells make for an interesting play space. We only used 2 of 9 floors, so the upper limit on the size of the war is very large.

+ Again, it strikes me how different indoor wars are from outdoor wars. We played exclusively with stock darts, and I sort of like it that way. Stock darts place a hard ceiling on range (about 50ft), so fast firing guns rule. Shotgun loaded airguns (Splitfires and SM1500) were surprisingly effective.

+ We had two Raiders in play, which was an interesting experience. It gets terrible ranges, even for an indoor war, but the drum clip was hella nice. No other Nerf gun comes close to matching the sustained ROF of this thing. Also, the priming mechanism, stock, and general comfort of the blaster gets a huge thumbs up from me. Ranges suck though...

+ The Lanard Shot Gun is sweet, I want one!

+ My favorite moment was facing off with Atomatrom in the upper hallway. I couldn't help but whistle the theme of "The good, the bad and the ugly.".

+ I'm so used to high-powered outdoor guns, that I forget how hilariously ineffective ballguns are. Master Blasters are fun.

+ Tasty pizza was Tasty.

+ Nap after war was awesome.

- The 3+ friends I was supposed to bring were too hungover to attend. Lame.

#5 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:50 AM

Gravely wish I could have made it. Next time, guys...!
"The 'dance goes on..."

#6 MercenaryXero

MercenaryXero

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:56 PM

Wish I could've made it, sounded like fun. Although I would never pass up what I'm doing now. Currently I'm in Quebec city, staying at the Chateau Frontenac. (google that, it looks amazing)

Anyway, I'll be around this weekend, but not next weekend, and hopefully around the weekends after that, in case anyone is planning wars.

#7 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:12 AM

How crowded is this place during the school year? because if it isn't too bad, I think we may have found ourselves a winter location...
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#8 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:16 AM

How crowded is this place during the school year? because if it isn't too bad, I think we may have found ourselves a winter location...

It is more crowded during the school year, but is relatively dead during weekends. I agree that it may turn out to be a great winter location. I would suggest not using it until there's snow on the ground, so we don't wear out our welcome.

#9 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:22 AM

It is more crowded during the school year, but is relatively dead during weekends. I agree that it may turn out to be a great winter location. I would suggest not using it until there's snow on the ground, so we don't wear out our welcome.

Yea, definitely save it until we have a good number of people... But I was just thinking how it is only like 10-15 minutes away from my school and I could probably find some guys who would also want to come...
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#10 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:54 PM

Sounds like you guys had fun... cool. I third the motion to save this place for the winter, along with Newell and it's pavilion thingy, not dying during winter wars will be fun.
What's next? I vote a late day weekday war, say start at 2, war till 8. With how hot it's been, the cooler nights will be preferred, and it isn't too dark at 8. Anyone interested?
We have no sig.

#11 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Sounds like you guys had fun... cool. I third the motion to save this place for the winter, along with Newell and it's pavilion thingy, not dying during winter wars will be fun.
What's next? I vote a late day weekday war, say start at 2, war till 8. With how hot it's been, the cooler nights will be preferred, and it isn't too dark at 8. Anyone interested?

Without any advance notice, weekday wars would be better for me, since weekends are really busy for retail. Just throw a date out there that works for most people and I'll see if I close or open. :lol:

Edited by Jangadance, 11 August 2009 - 02:04 PM.

"The 'dance goes on..."

#12 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:21 PM

Yep.

How about langford as the location.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#13 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:25 PM

Taters and I were already planning on having a war on Tuesday the 18th, or sometime that week. I'll make a separate thread for it soon, but how does that work out for everyone? The war will start around 1 or 2 I think.

Also, I have edited the shit out of the video. I'm pretty sure it will be up by tomorrow morning. I had a lot of footage to go through this time, but I think it will definatley be worth the wait.

#14 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

Taters and I were already planning on having a war on Tuesday the 18th, or sometime that week. I'll make a separate thread for it soon, but how does that work out for everyone? The war will start around 1 or 2 I think.

Also, I have edited the shit out of the video. I'm pretty sure it will be up by tomorrow morning. I had a lot of footage to go through this time, but I think it will definatley be worth the wait.

As long as we aren't warring today, tomorrow, or Thursday, I am all for it. Im out of town till Friday...
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#15 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

Taters and I were already planning on having a war on Tuesday the 18th, or sometime that week.

Works fine, I have the whole day off work Monday and Tuesday! This weekend I might have to see which of my blasters aren't busted and/or disassembled. Are your guys' darts thin or chubby?
"The 'dance goes on..."

#16 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:03 PM

Most weekday afternoons should be fine with me. I'll be busy during the mornings though.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#17 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:30 PM

Janga, for the engineering building the idea of having it on Sundays was so that we wouldn't have to pay for parking.

And, we are all using smaller darts now.

Got Nerd?

#18 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

I finished the video in record time. I know it's kind of weird, but that's the point. VIDEO Tell me what you think!

#19 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:49 PM

VIDEO

GG on the recording, editing and music was slightly slow and too much rave for me, but in general it got me pumped up to Nerf there with a bunch more people! I take it that you were requiring stock darts... hmm, verrry interesting. Can't wait for the winter. :)
"The 'dance goes on..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users