Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

återlämnande av Hesekiel

157 replies to this topic

#26 tatertotguy

tatertotguy

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

I am a maybe. My parents haven't said if I could go or not and I need a ride if so.
"So thats when she says, 'No that's my belly button'."

#27 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:56 PM

If anyone cares, I'll be bringing my NIB LB for sale/trade. It seems it will serve someone better than me, seeing as I am not a collector.

#28 ggk

ggk

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:22 PM

Hey ryan I am really thinking about coming in but only problem is I cannot drive (because I will not have my car with me) and I will be taking the bus. Also do you think you could host me for friday night? and possibly get a ride from union station?

Also can we make sure when the war is going down, so I can book these tickets.
17:18 Snake51886 to those who hamp: you do not nerf well, you paintball poorly

#29 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

Hey ryan I am really thinking about coming in but only problem is I cannot drive (because I will not have my car with me) and I will be taking the bus. Also do you think you could host me for friday night? and possibly get a ride from union station?

But you are like 12...

Just Kidding

ANYWHOO, I look to be all game to road trip.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#30 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:41 PM

I could host you for a night, that's no problem. If you're coming into Union Station, you can take the Metra all the way to Lombard. That's the town I live in. It would be much easier to pick you up there than all the way in Chicago.

As far as the date goes, hopefully we can agree on something final in the beginning of September. It depends on what works for the other people possibly coming out of town too. I'll probably end up picking the day where the most people can attend. But I'd like to keep it the original date if possible.

#31 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:43 PM

I would love to attend, pending:
  • I successfully (in advance) ask for the day off from work
  • solid confirmation of MN carpool

"The 'dance goes on..."

#32 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:48 PM

*solid confirmation of MN carpool

I think you mean road trip.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#33 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

Posted Image

I mean, I'm not fronting gas for a solo voyage across the barren landscape that is I-90 alone.

I wouldn't complain if Britney was coming though.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#34 ggk

ggk

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:01 PM

Alright ryan. It is gonna suck the ride to your town is gonna be more expensive than the one from toledo.
17:18 Snake51886 to those who hamp: you do not nerf well, you paintball poorly

#35 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:40 PM

Anyone think they can help me with a ride out of Hyde Park? I can take public transit somewhere nearby, it's just that GMaps doesn't have information out to the warsite and I don't know what the fuck to do.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#36 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:55 PM

Alright ryan. It is gonna suck the ride to your town is gonna be more expensive than the one from toledo.

The BNSF line from Union Station to Downer's Grove (close to my place) is $4.30 one way. If that's too much money for you, I'm sorry.

Zeke, If you and Kelvin want to take the train out here I'll take you guys to the war Saturday morning.

Edited by Ryan201821, 10 August 2009 - 10:55 PM.

#37 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:15 PM

Zeke, If you and Kelvin want to take the train out here I'll take you guys to the war Saturday morning.

Thanks for that man. I'll talk to him about it next I see him in the IRC, but at the very least I'll hop on the train.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#38 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

If I carpool with someone to this war, I'll spot anyone who didn't think they could afford the train / bus / gas for their 5-10 bucks. That should NOT be a deciding factor for a Nerf war! :o
"The 'dance goes on..."

#39 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

Wow, if there are this many Minnesota peeps going. It is a possibility that I could also make it.

Conditions:
-I would need to hitch a ride and a place to stay (I can and would chip in gas money of course)
-I don't know my school schedule yet but there can't be some major exam after that weekend or anything like that...
-Ryan you would need to have a plusbow ready for me... :o

I will get back on what my syllabi (plural of syllabus?) look like in a couple weeks.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#40 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:13 AM

Wow, if there are this many Minnesota peeps going. It is a possibility that I could also make it.

Conditions:
-I would need to hitch a ride and a place to stay (I can and would chip in gas money of course)
-I don't know my school schedule yet but there can't be some major exam after that weekend or anything like that...
-Ryan you would need to have a plusbow ready for me... :o

I will get back on what my syllabi (plural of syllabus?) look like in a couple weeks.

Snake and I have offered to host people. I'm sure other people would be more than willing as well.

Erik, that can be arranged, but it will probably be before that weekend. I'll be up in Minnesota in September.

Edited by Ryan201821, 11 August 2009 - 01:21 PM.

#41 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:19 AM

Snake and I have offered to host people. I'm sure other people would be more than willing as well.

Eric, that can be arranged, but it will probably be before that weekend. I'll be up in Minnesota in September.

What did you mean by it would probably be before that weekend?

What are you coming up for?

Oh and not a big deal but my name is actually spelled with a k, not a c.

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 11 August 2009 - 12:20 AM.

"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#42 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:21 AM

Eh, what the hell...

Go ahead and put me on the attendees list. I'll make it happen one way or the other. I can also transport up to 3 others (4 if you guys don't mind 14 hours of extreme discomfort). We can work out details later, but don't bring too damn much crap.

#43 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:26 AM

Eh, what the hell...

Go ahead and put me on the attendees list. I'll make it happen one way or the other. I can also transport up to 3 others (4 if you guys don't mind 14 hours of extreme discomfort). We can work out details later, but don't bring too damn much crap.

Beaver, you've seen my armory video... I promise not to bring more than half of it, k?

No, I have minimal shit I travel with, I would really survive with toiletries, a change of socks, and a gun. :o

Sounds like a blast! Who's got a big car / something not too gas guzzlish?
"The 'dance goes on..."

#44 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:42 AM

Eh, what the hell...

Beaver, you've seen my armory video... I promise not to bring more than half of it, k?

No, I have minimal shit I travel with, I would really survive with toiletries, a change of socks, and a gun. :o

Sounds like a blast! Who's got a big car / something not too gas guzzlish?

If I can clear it with a parent, I will have a Dodge grand Caravan. Easily fits 7, and thats comfortably.

#45 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

Unless you stop to go pee pee every 30 mins, it's going to be a 12 hr round trip from St Paul to Chicago, and about $90 per car.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#46 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:23 AM

Unless you stop to go pee pee every 30 mins, it's going to be a 12 hr round trip from St Paul to Chicago, and about $90 per car.

Where and at what time did you guys start? I have driven from Minneapolis to downtown Chicago in about 9. I have a friend I go to school with who lives in the burbs of Chicago and he made it back to school in about 5 hours (he was going 70-80 most of the way and by some ungodly miracle managed to make it through Wisconsin without getting a ticket...)

Edit: and then I realized you said *round trip* my bad.

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 11 August 2009 - 11:25 AM.

Got Nerd?

#47 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:00 PM

Going through Wisconsin without getting a ticket is easy. Wisconsinites can't drive anyway, and the speed limit is optional.

5 hours is good time, but as Zorn Said, plan on about 6 hours each way. 7 gives two LONG mean stops instead of drive thru.

#48 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

Going through Wisconsin without getting a ticket is easy. Wisconsinites can't drive anyway, and the speed limit is optional.

5 hours is good time, but as Zorn Said, plan on about 6 hours each way. 7 gives two LONG mean stops instead of drive thru.

The college where Carrtoon and I used to attend straddles the Wisconsin / MN border just off i-90, and I drive to Chicago often. It's not a bad drive, just boring alone. Should make for a great road trip to Nerf, whoever is down...!

We'll probably come down 52 or 61, depending on if there's any stragglers that need picking up, and if we want the scenic (river) route. That time of the year, the bluffs look purdy with the leaves changing.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#49 tatertotguy

tatertotguy

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:16 PM

I definetly can't make it if the war is on October 3rd that's homecoming and I don't want to miss that. If the war was changed to October 10th I would probably be able to attend because my parents have a conference in Arlington Heights that weekend.
"So thats when she says, 'No that's my belly button'."

#50 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:36 PM

Whether i'm driving or with other MNers, i'll make it.

Koree

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users