Photo

Super Soaker Mds

11 replies to this topic

#1 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

Ok, I was at my local thrift store today and saw an old super soaker for a 1 so I bought it, I am wondering if anyone has modded this gun or would like to buy it.

Thanks

Gun :::: http://www.isoaker.c...1993/ssmds.html
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#2 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

It says Lamari, so I'm guessing it's rare. That shit usually brings in a good price on eBay.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#3 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:14 PM

Yeah, that looks like an older/rarer one. You should find out how much it's worth.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#4 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:38 PM

Try PMing DX. He knows his Super Soakers.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#5 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

Unless its one of the MONSTER SS blasters you can expect around 10-30 bucks. If you can find someone that actually is into them. That particular style I think is useless when it comes to converting for nerf. You want a CPS style.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#6 captaindread93

captaindread93

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:43 AM

Hey I was just looking at eBay for you and found this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...id=p3286.c0.m14

Sorry it is not the best help.

Edited by captaindread93, 01 August 2009 - 09:44 AM.

#7 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:02 PM

I asked DX at Apoc today. He says it's worth something like 20-30 dollars because it's rare.

Edited by Echnalaid, 01 August 2009 - 05:02 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#8 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:01 PM

I asked DX at Apoc today. He says it's worth something like 20-30 dollars because it's rare.

Well would anyone like to buy it, looks like it has some potentional.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#9 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:18 AM

DO NOT mod that thing. I don't know if (or to WHOM) it would be valuable, but it was one of my first Super Soakers.

Let it be known that it is a glorified SS50 with a wacky paint job. That means the trigger / valve system is merely an expansion spring that clamps over a kink in the tubing on the way to the "spout". In other words, low pressure capabilities, super-slow release.

Like others have said, modding is for CPS (multi-shots especially) or XP (the pull-valve that Larami brought over to their NERF blasters).

And M.D.S. is Multi-Directional Soaker... it has the novelty "I'm actually aiming over THERE" gag.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#10 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:24 AM

www.sscentral.org

They're basically nerfhaven, with super soakers

Try there

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#11 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:31 AM

An MDS would be desirable to a collector only. And as others have warned, it's not good for conversion. Although I can't recall anyone ever opening one, I would suspect it has a pinch valve like the others in the classic line. Pinch valves are kinda fragile - my SS 50 pinch has to be reset every now and then because it has sat in the same spot for 2 decades and doesn't fire.

Don't waste CPS guns on conversion; they are too valuable. Use an XP, Max-D, or some other cheap, separate-chamber air pressure soaker for that. CPS uses rubber bladders and is not meant to build air pressure. You'd still get high power, but some of those guns can fetch hundreds of dollars.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#12 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:22 PM

It's probably the re released "classic series" of the gun (or the OP found a knockoff, these never show up in dollar stores). Don't get excited, guys.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users