Photo

Good Things Happen When You Go To Church...

Like seven stock AT2ks

23 replies to this topic

#1 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:12 PM

Posted Image

Alright, My youth pastor said I could mod 'em for an upcoming battle in the church basement. Any suggestions? (Besides regular CPVC barrels, pump plug, yadda yadda yadda.)

Oh, and I am planning to replace the goo gauge on two with a tank extension.
-iMod
A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#2 catmods

catmods

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:18 PM

How about a double singled 2k? Cut the handles off of 2 of them, glue them together, glue some pipe to link the pumps, make a new pump handle and you have the ultimate 2k.
"Don't worry I'll just close it. Your gun sucks." - Talio

#3 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

Abbreviate a passage onto each one, so that every time you are shot you must recite that passage of the bible.

i.e. Matthew 7:4 (I'm not religious, so I don't know what that says)

Maybe make one using a titan tank or something for you to use, bringing up suspicion.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#4 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:54 PM

Are you going to use stock darts? If so just give them like 4'' of CPVC and be done with them..
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#5 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:57 PM

Depending on how well you know your youth group, I'd recommend not plugging the pumps for now. Even when you write how many pumps maximum on the gun, people will still be like "What if I go over?" or just go over because they realise that it's more powerful, but not realise it harms to gun.

But anyways, have fun with them. I know youth group nerf wars are/would be awesome.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#6 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:52 PM

Give 'em each a stock, that really makes them seem more interesting.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#7 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:55 PM

Thank for the feedback guys!

Glint: I am without a doubt NOT plugging the pump. Even though the kids at my youth group are good kids, they still don't nerf.

Galaxy/CA13: I was thinking about just modding one of the with a tank expansion for whoever is reffing the round (a persuader of sorts...) or just for me. :D I'll probably just end up CPVCing the rest just because I have so much CPVC and it's so easy.

Catmods: The only reason I don't like that idea is because I need as many guns as possible, and that would require two guns to make into one.

-iMod
A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#8 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

RSCB one or two. Cool find. Tell us how the little basement wars turn out too.

#9 Noob 001

Noob 001

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

Great find! I'd say make a few variations, e.g. some CPVC, some PETG, etc. See what works for you and your
darts. Church Nerf wars are the best; I had one at the local Baptist church and they actually let us go in the chapel
and use the baptismal font as a fort. Somewhat sacreligious maybe, but oh-so-cool. Churches are a great
atmosphere for battle. Excellent times.

#10 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

Churches are a great atmosphere for battle.

Hmm. Should I sig it or not?

Anyways you should definetely build stocks and put PVC handles on the pumps so that they are practically rifles. It makes it much more comfortable and people who don't nerf will think that its cooler. You should do tons of cosmetics to them for the benefit of the non-nerfers.
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#11 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

I second Norther's idea. The best stocks are crutches, and if you have 7 couplers and a couple feet of PVC, then you can do my mod.

Plus you can find a billion crutches at any goodwill.

Edited by Renegademilitia15, 06 August 2009 - 07:30 PM.

Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#12 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:20 PM

I like the stock idea. You should make them all unique but equal in performance. That way gameplay is balanced (for the most part), yet each blaster is different and interesting.
"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#13 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

This is retarded, it is a bunch of church going little kids. Don't even mod them. If you mod it I bet that at least one kid will end up crying. Did you plan for eye protection for the kids? If not then please do not mod the guns and look into getting eye protection because even stock darts can hurt.
QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#14 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:48 PM

This "little kids" you are talking about are high school and college kids... I should have made that more clear. The church basement is pretty sick though, I'll try to send you guys some pics if I can.
-iMod

Edited by iMod1, 06 August 2009 - 09:48 PM.

#15 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

Keep the turrets and airflow mod 'em.

#16 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:18 PM

This "little kids" you are talking about are high school and college kids... I should have made that more clear. The church basement is pretty sick though, I'll try to send you guys some pics if I can.
-iMod

Sorry I misunderstood. My apologies, how large of an area are we talking about here?
QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#17 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:44 PM

Keep the turrets and airflow mod 'em. sell them to 1337.

Couldn't agree more.

I've had to make guns for a group of people before. Try to make them as equal as possible (Power-wise). Also, those crutch stocks seem like a good idea.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#18 MyRealName

MyRealName

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:42 AM

When you have a group of people, and you are doing all the work, you are going to get tired around the 5th or 6th. An idea that solves this is have "arts and crafts" time (albeit a somewhat nerdy arts and crafts.)

Pick a set of easy mods and walk everyone through each gun. That way you can exert less effort on your end, and they will personally invest themselves in their gun. You might get a couple people hooked on this after the initial taste, and from then on you will have a partner working with you on future modifications.

Only problem with this method is the amount of tools you need for the large amount of people. Let them know ahead of time of what their expectations are to bring. Also, It would help to do major cutting to save time: Cut your PVC on your Band Saw/ Table Saw ahead of time to make faster crosscuts and not have a bunch of rookies hurrying through and sharing a Dremel.

And you get to teach a class, which I like it when my friends impart knowledge on me by doing the same thing. Just make sure you do your homework ahead of time and print out a write up/ direction set and step everyone through together.

This method opens yourself up for picture ops too... If there is one thing a Church group loves, its a photo op. Say Cheese gang! <click>

#19 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:43 AM

Yea that does sound like a good idea, except I know some people in there that might not be into it. Also, I would do that if I had like seven stock NF's, but not with stock 2k's. I don't trust em THAT much.
-iMod

EDIT: Applefury: It's about... I'd say a good 4,000-5,000 square feet of space. That's only the basement however. We can also play upstairs, which is a lot bigger.

Edited by iMod1, 07 August 2009 - 10:45 AM.

#20 MyRealName

MyRealName

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

Yea that does sound like a good idea, except I know some people in there that might not be into it.

Take a page from the Little Red Hen: Those who don't make the bread are the ones who don't eat it...

or at least find as many helpers as you can. Trust me, you are going to be thanking me when the 6th one rolls around.

Edited by MyRealName, 07 August 2009 - 01:23 PM.

#21 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

CPVC them. It takes like to seconds. Then put on some stocks and call it good. Its a 2K guys not rocket science. It will be a small project and it'll be over soon enough.
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#22 Darth Tom

Darth Tom

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:56 PM

You're not plugging the pump, so don't even unscrew the shell. Just take a hacksaw/band saw/etc to the barrels, leave one inch stubs, remove the restrictive bits, and throw the CPVC in there. Sand down the inside of the stock barrels with a dremel if it doesn't fit.

I've never CPVC'd a 2k, but it can't be that much harder than the PETG ones I've done. 7 might take two hours, no biggie.

#23 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 05:16 PM

I've never CPVC'd a 2k, but it can't be that much harder than the PETG ones I've done. 7 might take two hours, no biggie.

Oh, it is. CPVC does not fit in the stock barrels, and I'm not even sure you could boar them out enough to fit CPVC. The one 2k turret I've ever CPVC'd I had to sand down the end of the CPVC barrels a fair amount to fit them in the barrel stubs of the 2k turret.

Also, taking a bandsaw to the turret is not a good idea unless you're positive you know where you're cutting. You have to remove the screw, and be careful of the restrictor springs. Bandsaw blade + metal = not so fun.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#24 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:01 PM

The only way I have gotten Cpvc in a 2k turret was but sanding down the side I glued in with a belt sander, and sometimes I had to sand some much the barrel broke in that spot.

You might wanna go with Petg :)

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users