Working Semi-automatic Homemade

I call it Igor.

27 replies to this topic

#26 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

That thing is sick. Very nice man. I just have a couple of questions.

1)Is it connected directly to the tank permanantly or can you detach it from the tank mid war to say pop on another tank if the psi in the first tank drops to low.

2)How heavy is it?

3)If you do not use ketchup on the pigs in the blankets then will the gun still explode on you?
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#27 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

SchizophrenicMC- There isn't any complicated machining just drilling, cutting with dremel, cutting with a scrollsaw, and soldering, and if you use the second version you need not solder at all.

Bedhed117-1) Not the connection isn't permanent I use quick disconnect fittings so
I can use my magstrike with the same tank. I could have another spare tank, but that's too much effort to make another when I really don't need it.

2)It is only like 3-4lbs but it is very back heavy, so its awkward to use one handed.

3)After consulting the pigs in a blanket gods you do not need to use ketchup, but at least one must be enjoyed with any condiment.

#28 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:01 AM

Nice work!

However, I think it could be simplified by using a design like this. All you would need to do is switch around a few tubing sizes, to make it nerf-sized, and hook that up to your valve, in place of your existing mechanism.

EDIT: I noticed that air is being released as long as the trigger is held down. Adding a semi-auto valve, like Zero's could lead to greater efficiency.

Edited by roboman, 10 August 2009 - 11:05 AM.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users