Titan Football Rules!

Invented at Apoc 8!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Zack the Mack

Zack the Mack

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:45 AM

Between rounds at Apoc 8, I was trying out a crappy Lord of the Rings longbow, and another Nerfer attempted to shoot them down with a Titan-rocket-firing Chimera. This quickly turned into catch-the-Titan, which quickly turned into Titan Football! Sorry if I put this in the wrong section, I couldn't find any other rules-related articles.

The first batch of rules turned into a major clusterfuck, which was awesome. I've refined the rules a bit, and posted them here for your own Titan Footballing pleasure!

For this game, you'll need a missile-firing Titan or Chimera, a Titan missile, something to mark goals, and at least 10 Nerfers. Find a nice, open space with no obstacles. Mark goals about 100ft apart. Break into two teams. Each player can only use spring pistols.

Flip a coin to choose who's on offense. One player on the attacking team is the QB and gets the Titan. Form a line of scrimmage - offensive players in a line with the QB, defending players in a line 20 feet away. The QB "hikes" the Titan by starting to pump it, and lets the rocket rip. Team on offense tries to catch it.

If it's caught, next down starts where the catcher is tackled. Tackle players by shooting them (no barrel taps allowed!) or just simply get in their way. Tackled players can't shoot, drop the missile, and stand still until the end of the play. 4 downs per round, only one first down. You ken do eet - get that Titan into the end-zone!

You can also blitz the QB, preferably with a Lightning Blitz.
Ask me questions about electronics, Arduino, and 3D printing

#2 numa-t49

numa-t49

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

It seems alot more organized than the version we played at Apoc. I cant wate to play at future wars.

#3 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

Damn, how did I miss this?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#4 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

At Apoc, you could blitz after three seconds, although five might be more appropriate.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users