Photo

My Stock Crossbow Sucks

15 replies to this topic

#1 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:34 PM

Well yeah, I was going to wait for Ragnarocks to finish his level 5 Crossbow mod before i would change mine. Well, my crossbow doesn't shoot nearly the range posted on the NerfHQ review. I used a mega stefan (yes, it's good quality) and also a "stinger" (the megas with the suction cup removed), and i only seemed to get 30-37 feet flat, a lot less compared to the 51 some-odd feet that NerfHQ stated. Is there something wrong?

#2 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:41 PM

Fine just chill...Ill buy it from you...Or trade.

THIRST
ko

#3 xedice

xedice

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:49 PM

If you didn't notice he's asking what is wrong not selling or trading. Check your barrel/plunger. We don't really know whats wrong unless you give us some details. My sm250 gets 35 feet flat, and it is considerably weaker, so something is definately wrong. Its either: Darts / Barrel / Plunger. Springs don't go bad that easily, so I doubt its that.
Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz
Doin' coke, drinkin' beers, Drinkin' beers beers beers
Rollin' fatties, Smokin' blunts
Who smokes the blunts? We smoke the blunts
-Jay

#4 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:11 PM

i have taken it apart before, and about two years ago i stretched the spring. Could that be it? However, it was still about the same range then. The plunger and plunger tube are fine. The barrel is normal. What range in Megas are these guns supposed to achieve flat (STOCK)

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:09 PM

Wait let me get this straight...this gun is stock and your bitching about 30 foot ranges...You need to mod it to get the ranges we're talking. No one on here really discusses stock nerf.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#6 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:32 PM

i was just worried because thye NERFHQ site said 51 feet stock

#7 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:34 AM

NerfHQ is where the liars go to propegate their filthy seeds of deciept.

VACC

#8 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:54 AM

I was going to wait for Ragnarocks to finish his level 5 Crossbow mod before i would change mine.

Since when the fuck did we adopt a standardized ranking system for mods? Do I need a special eye scanner to register mod Levels or should I be able to just sense them? And will my black duct tape turn gold if the mod reaches SS class?
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#9 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:50 AM

Ragornocks has created a level system for his crossbow mod write up. His level 1 mod is very simple, and as you go up the scale the mod gets more and more advanced. Accord is just waiting until Ragornocks posts his most advanced mod before he modifies his crossbow. As cool as eye scanners and gold duct tape would be, I don't see it happening in the near future.
"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

#10 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 02:18 AM

well, i've only modded one gun before, and that was the secret shot 1 (single shot crayola barrel in sch 40 1/2 inch PVC). I don't feel i have enough experience to mingle with the crossbow on it's own yet.

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 10:13 AM

Now I understand that ragnorocks has this system for updating his crossbow mods that makes following it easier, and I understand that Rahway impressed a lot of people with his crossbow's range over tha last year, but I don't understand this new turn back towards crossbows in terms of appreciating their range. I mean, I still use binky, I love her, but she's been the same for the past 4 years essentially. People are under the impression that these guys are achieving never before reached ranges with their crossbows, and that's just not true. I've been getting 100+ ft on straight angles for half a decade now, and so has Ash. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against this turn back towards crossbows, or even any adulation these modders are recieving, more power to them. I'm just confused as to how 100ft seems to everyone to be so much further than it used to be. Anyways, good luck, I just felt like ranting.

VACC

#12 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:17 PM

vacc, i've been reading these forums for a while. I do not only accolade rag/rawry on their contributions to the crossbow modding. I just want to mod the crossbow good. Btw, Vacc, did you telescope and replace the spring on your crossbow?

#13 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 12:45 AM

vacc, i've been reading these forums for a while. I do not only accolade rag/rawry on their contributions to the crossbow modding. I just want to mod the crossbow good. Btw, Vacc, did you telescope and replace the spring on your crossbow?

You're being much too touchy, I wasn't accusing you of anything, I was just posting a thought. No, my crossbow shoots mega stefans with the original inner barrel and an old pvc extension. The spring was once stretched but has since returned to nearly it's original size. This is my point, Binky is old school and performs just as well as these new endeavors (though admitedly less consistently with age).

VACC

#14 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 02:18 AM

Binky is old, and performs well... (though admitedly less consistently with age).

Ahh, don't worry about that, pal. It happens to every man at some point in his life. These things come with age, it's nothing to be ashamed of. You are no less of a man just because your... 'Binky' can't perform every time. A man can only ask so much of his tool. You may have to take it slow, and make the "sessions" count when it is performing well, take those 'shots' and be satisfied with what you can do at your age.

Edited by Jangadance, 11 March 2004 - 02:19 AM.

"The 'dance goes on..."

#15 david00790

david00790

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:40 AM

That one made me laugh!
Nice job janga.

#16 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 12:35 AM

Binky's the gun bitch!... I call my penis Emily Dickenson.....shut up!

VACC
~The Pun was completely a coincidence, isn't that frightening~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users