Blow Guns?

what s

15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_wolf_*

Guest_wolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2004 - 07:05 PM

i feel stupid asking but r blow guns good or bad? i m thinking about pickin 1 up

#2 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 07:12 PM

Picking one up...you better be refering to making one yourself. It's kinda up to you. Depending of the strength of your lungs. You could either send a dart 10 feet or 80 feet. In my opinion yes, I believe there are good. Silent but deadly
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#3 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:29 PM

I found some great, cheap blowguns at some KB clearence store near me. I was originally just buying said two dollar guns for the cheap megadarts that came with them, but found that I could load a blowgun with five darts and get a good spray about 40 feet in front of me, firing all five darts at once. Of course, it can be awkward to aim... I ducttaped ten of the suckers together and put a sling on it, so it doubles as an ammo battery for my ArrowStorm and it's own weapon. Still, wearing so much stuff is bulky.
NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#4 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:21 PM

One of the most feared weapons in our indoor wars is a 5 foot piece of 1/2" PVC with a coupler on one end. That thing will shoot harder than any air or spring powered gun..... You definitely DO NOT need to buy one.

#5 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:22 PM

My friend bought one from cheaperthandirt that uses needles and "stun darts", which are little plastic peg-type things, that are appropriate for nerf wars.

#6 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:26 PM

You don't buy blowguns for Nerf. They're just pieces of PVC.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#7 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:19 AM

IR is right. All you need is a chunk of PVC that fits darts. If you really want to get fancy, you could add some sort of mouthpiece. A 5' piece of CPVC costs about $1.50-$2.00. I think that's a better deal than buying an expensive blowgun. Besides, it works just as well.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#8 reversedracula

reversedracula

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:30 AM

Mine weren't expensive, two bucks each with five megadarts. The tradeoff for the tight fit and high pressure you get from PVC, etc. is that when the barrel is slightly looser, you can load up as many darts as you have barrel length to hold them, all at approximately the same distance in a fun shotgun spray, for me 40 some feet or so.

Edited by reversedracula, 04 April 2004 - 12:31 AM.

NERF OR NOTHIGN!11!eleven!!!one!!!one!11!!!!onhoundredandeleven!!!!!

#9 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:18 AM

I find that the grey conduit PVC makes a good blowgun for stock micros, especially if you use the end that has a built in coupler as a natual mout piece. There are some nice things about blow guns; generally the longer you make them the farther you can launch a dart, they rarely, if ever, have darts spin out, and you don't have to cock or pump them before fireing.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#10 Guest_wolf_*

Guest_wolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:21 AM

yeh boltsniper where would u get the pvc? ^_^

#11 Guest_wolf_*

Guest_wolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2004 - 11:26 AM

hey dudes i saw a blowgun made by airzone do you think it would be a good buy?

#12 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:08 PM

**growns** Just cause I'm a nice guy...

Wolf, don't buy the Airzone blow gun. Go to a hard ware store, and look in the plumbing section. PVC is the plastic looking pipe. Bring a dart with you, and see what it fits into the best. If you go to someplace like Home Depot the conduit PVC I mention will be in the electrical section. It's grey in color.

You can buy 10 feet of PVC pipe for a couple bucks. Besides makeing blow guns most of us use it to mod our guns.

Finally Wolf, I see you are starting to spell out words compleatly, now just work on capitalization ^_^ Also when you make a post and realize you want to add something right after having made that post, don't add another reply. Go back to the topic you just posted in, use the edit button on you last post and make the addition. It will help keep you in Cxwq's good graces, which can wear thin fairly quickly.

#13 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 12:38 PM

No, I didn't mean he bought it specifically for nerf. He just uses it when he's not using his Sharpshooter II. He mostly goes out with the blowgun and kills squirrels, etc.

#14 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 01:11 PM

Poor little squirrels... :cry:

Edited by J_cobbers, 04 April 2004 - 01:12 PM.

#15 Guest_wolf_*

Guest_wolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:09 PM

Thanks guys your great i'm just a noob
i will no longer insult cxwg or what ever his name is

very funny:) thanks for hacking my acount whoever:) probaly cxwq bit i deserved it

Edited by wolf, 04 April 2004 - 06:27 PM.

#16 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:14 PM

cxwg or what ever his name is

His name is Cxwq; it's not to hard to spell, escpecially if you reply on the same page that he did. I'm just saying this because your repetitiveness is annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users