Photo

Farthest Shootin Nerf Blaster

23 replies to this topic

#1 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 08:38 PM

Hey I was wondering what is the farthest shooting unmodded nerf blaster. You see I have a stubborn friend who will only use his blowgun when we're having a nerf war because he is obsessed with losing. He isn't exactly careful when aiming his blowgun, though, and just today shot me right below my eye, which swelled up. Since my friends and I all use unmodded low power nerf guns, eye protection isn't really a priority for us. Thanks for any information.

#2 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:07 PM

I would say the ultimator,sm500,or the sm1k

#3 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:27 PM

Thanks

#4 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:13 AM

Honestly, blowguns are far more powerful than any stock Nerf gun that I've seen- that is to say that the power of your own lungs is greater than that of a children's toy. Therefore, I don't think that blowguns belong in a stock Nerf battle.

That being said, although you are using mostly blasters that have not been heavily modified, if he is playing dirty and pulling out the ole' PVC shaft on ya, you could possibly plug the over-pressurization valve on a air pump gun, such as a SuperMaxx or Airtech gun. It is a discrete, easy mod that will leave none the wiser. Even if you use the stock barrels, it should pack a bit more punch now.

If you really want to level the playing field, tell him to allow modded blasters or shove the PVC blowpipe up his ass. And I'm done.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#5 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:07 AM

No, no no no. My post was unclear, sorry. I meant, what long range umodded nerf blaster could I recommend to HIM. Since he's obsessed with losing and I really hate his blowgun, I was thinking maybe he might go out and buy a longer ranged nerf gun if he knew that he could still pick people off. Thanks, though.

#6 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 05:53 PM

You and your friends should slap on some eye protection and mod your guns, you won't regret it. By the way, whats the collective arsenal of you and your friends? I and the other people on the site would be glad to show you some good modifications for them.
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#7 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:14 PM

Let's see... I have two LnLs, (as the name implies) a Triple Torch, and soon to have a PowerClip. Friend #1 has a Rapid 20, Nitefinder, Tech Target and an AirTech 2000. Friend #2 has a Sharpshooter 2, a couple non-nerf ball shooters, and a SuperMaxx 1500. Friend #3 has a Secret Shot and a gun I don't really know the name of. Friend #4 has two NiteFinders and Friend #5 borrows other peoples blasters because he stupidly sold his BBB for 15 bucks, but is hopefully getting a Lightning Blitz. I think that about does it. There are a couple other people who nerf with us, but they just borrow our extra guns.

#8 moosenukem

moosenukem

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 04:28 PM

If you guys would like to try go to Grinch's mod directory and select a mod, thats all I got to say for now.

Moose

#9 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 04:38 PM

Don't.

Double.

Post.

If you'd like to re-type the post I just deleted, use the edit button to add it to your existing post.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#10 Terminator

Terminator

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 04:47 PM

Here we go, I think I get the point here. Since your friend is obsessed with losing people I think he would enjoy a gun that packs a punch. For starters you may wanna' buy him an AirTech2000. You should be able to find that at your local toy store. That gun has good unmodded range and kan kick some ass when you plug up the over-pressurization release valve*. Not the AIR RELEASE VALVE the saftey one.

For more distance you would wanna' look for a SuperMax5000. These aren't made anymore but you should be able to find one via online, cheap thrift stores and/or friends. For Maximum distance (in your case) use the yellow stock darts.

*over-pressurization release valve is located on the end of the pump handles which requires disesembling the gun. Use a little bead to plug it up and your done.
"Okay, okay he has one testicle, hes areodynamic, everyone cut of your balls you'll be quicker!" - Robin Williams Live 2002.

#11 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:05 PM

As far as I've seen (which is not very far), over-pressurizing the release valve seems like one of the simplest mods that has a great impact on the guns performance. Actually I might try to attempt modding a Airtech 2k, but unfortunately all the stores near where I live don't carry them anymore and have swapped them out at the moment for Rapid 20s and Nitefinders. I'll try to keep my eyes peeled whenever I visit my local Target or Toys R Us, or maybe just call them to see if they'll get any shipments of them in anytime soon.

Also, I've been thinking about looking into a Vortex gun, which, as far as the reviews say, have very long ranges indoor. But I'm not sure whether to get a Tornado or Firestorm. From the reviews I've read, the Tornado is supposed to have a farther distance but a slower reloading time.

Edited by DoubleLnL, 11 March 2004 - 05:14 PM.

#12 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 06:05 PM

I plugged the hole on the end of the plunger tube in my AT2K, and did not notice any difference in the gun's range or power. I guess I don't understand what is wrong with my gun, because, according to what everyone says, I should have noticed an increase in range. The only thing that happened after I plugged the hole is that the range varys more than it used to.
Nerfer16 of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team
Nerf on!

#13 Terminator

Terminator

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 06:41 PM

I have a hunch that what you did was not completely fill the hole over. Be careful not to be too generous though because then you'll have problems. Secondly be careful not to break the air tank. I use five pumps on my at2k but some of my freinds use six. I would stick around there. If you continue to have problems after you fix the release valve I would assume that you have a leak and woul recomend getting another. Quick way to check for a leak: Pump your gun normally. Listen closely for air releasing. Or Two: Pump your gun normally. Wait a few moments and if no or little air comes out you have a problem. And as for fixing the tank, I currently know of no such thing.
"Okay, okay he has one testicle, hes areodynamic, everyone cut of your balls you'll be quicker!" - Robin Williams Live 2002.

#14 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:54 PM

Could you use a hot glue gun to plug the over-pressurization release valve to plug it up? Also, could you mod an airtech 3000 or 4000 the same way?

Edited by DoubleLnL, 11 March 2004 - 08:11 PM.

#15 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:15 PM

Could you use a hot glue gun to plug the over-pressurization release valve to plug it up?

Well, there's your problem; yes, use hotglue. What'd you use to plug it up anyway?

#16 DoubleLnL

DoubleLnL

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 11:10 PM

Are you askin me or Terminator? I haven't actually tryed it yet, or for that matter even taken apart an Airtech gun. I was just wondering so that I could head over to my friends house and see if he'd let me fiddle with his Airtech 3000.

#17 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 01:26 PM

I did use hotglue on the end of the plunger tube, and the gun does not have a leak.
Nerfer16 of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team
Nerf on!

#18 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 03:18 PM

Sorry, I got confused between DoubleLnL and Nerfer16.

DoubleLnL, the release valve plug works on just about every pump gun. When you take apart the blaster, just pull out the pump and at the end of it you should see a small hole. Just put a dot of hotglue over it.

Nerfer16, I'm not sure what's wrong with your gun. I know that some people have problems with their blastfires with making the dot of hotglue too big. I don't know if it also affects the 2k but it might.

#19 Terminator

Terminator

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 05:56 PM

Plugging the release valve increases the guns distance dramatically. And yes, you do use, and only use hot glue. I have done this many times and it has always been beneficial. I have used Poly-Vinyl Caulk one time when I ran out of hot glue but hot glue is so much easier.

#20 Guest_wolf_*

Guest_wolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:52 PM

so are you saying blow guns are good if so what kind?Made by nerf?

Edited by wolf, 04 April 2004 - 05:19 PM.

#21 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:54 PM

Read the Code of Conduct. There's a link at the top of this page. Then come back and click the edit button and fix your post.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#22 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:14 PM

I dont think there are any made by nerf! Most blowguns are homemade but lanard has one. :ph34r:
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#23 Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 01:40 PM

The Lanard one sucks, but yeah. Get a chunk of 1/2 in. PVC pipe from your local hardware store and use that.
Do not mess with CXWQ, for he has Admin powers and will bann your flaming little a**.

Techno-Dann of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team

#24 Guest_wolf_*

Guest_wolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:20 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users