An Idea For Automatic Longshot.

Concept of a Automatic longshot.

2 replies to this topic

#1 pinz321

pinz321

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:29 PM

After time looking at stock long-shots I wanted something that has never been done, an automatic long-shot.

I would try this mod my self but I have no experience at long-shot modification. The concept relies on two possible ways of cocking it, and one way of simply holding down the trigger to shoot.

First, lets go through the Cocking methods, shall we?

1. Using a Motor and a swivel, that are powered by a well-placed momentary switch (connected to a battery of course) behind the trigger's motion area, we activate the motor and swivel, that should provide a well timed speed and force to cock the gun automatically without having multiple darts shoot out like a shotgun.

2. Using the motor/swivel/momentary switch thing, we can make it so that there's one more thing that completes the circuit. That thing being a receiving IR (for the electronics newbies, IR=Infra-red) LED and a emitting IR LED at the sides of the muzzle of the longshot, so that when the dart fires, the dart blocks the LEDs, activates the circuit and cocks the gun (rinse, repeat and enjoy).

Now lets cover the trigger part.

The mod until now isn't considered automatic since you would have to press the trigger again for each shot. So to make it so you don't have to either cock it, or press the trigger multiple times, we have to adapt the firing mechanism to be able to use a thing similar to the Nerf Raider's Slam Shot mode (You press the trigger and just cock the gun to fire). Making it possible to be lazy and just pull the trigger.

And by the way, I know most of these kinds of posts are not well received but I felt the urge for some one to recognize my idea because I'm pretty sure that an experienced modder like CS and Angel could pull it off if my theory is correct.
Effeminate quotes
uin13 a.k.a ice.-have you ever wondered why root-beer
has the word "beer" in it?

BritNerfMogul- Since when have McDonalds and Nerf been associated?

FURYfire, not Fluryfire.

#2 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:56 PM

1. Concept threads are extremely erotic here. This is the Modifications Forums, and us readers want to see some actual pictures and mods and not just a bunch of words.

2. This would be so much work when you can just push your hand back and forward to cock the gun.

3. Technically, your idea makes the longshot semi-automatic. RF20/Magstrike/Vulcan = Automatic. Hornet = Semi-Automatic.

The amount of work just doesn't pay out man.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#3 pinz321

pinz321

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

Sorry. Im new to the forums. Let my thread die. I shall learn about the forums a little bit more to avoid being banned.
Effeminate quotes
uin13 a.k.a ice.-have you ever wondered why root-beer
has the word "beer" in it?

BritNerfMogul- Since when have McDonalds and Nerf been associated?

FURYfire, not Fluryfire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users