Shotguns

i have an idea about making a shotgun

18 replies to this topic

#1 jpshyboi9

jpshyboi9

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:07 PM

Sup! I'm new and yes, i've never made a homemade yet.

MY FRICKIN PARENTS WONT LET ME GO TO LOWES GOD DAMNIT!

anywho.....it's pretty simple. just 3 barrels glued together and a basic breach can be moditfided to fit it. the handle is like the cutlass homemade gun. you just need to find the right way to make a 3 way to all 3 barrels.

so yeah kinda simple.

#2 jpshyboi9

jpshyboi9

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:18 PM

sry for double replying but if you know a very good way to make te 3 way tell me.

OH YEAH. i thought that maybe you can make a breifcase gun by using pvc barrel coming out the side and then the air tank inside. i know it would be weird while in battle, but this is just to give you and idea. <_<

#3 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 08:17 PM

Posted Image
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#4 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 08:35 PM

Tonight on Fox, Grinch makes fun of a newb and hilarity insues !!!
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#5 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:44 PM

Ok, so this is how you wanna play eh? No one else reply until Japojdapdad cleans up his posts, and tries to make sense! We can call this the...Quiet game. 1, 2, 3, go!

THIRST
ko

#6 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:02 PM

I see a problem of 3 barrels getting enough air. You would need a large air tank and it would take awhile to pump up...but your money to waste.

To get 3 barrels I would recommend 2 90 Degree Joints, and a quad-joint(not sure of fancy name). You might also want to try a joint that would enable you to have the barrels the same distance away. Good luck.
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#7 superadaquabat

superadaquabat

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:15 AM

I see a problem of 3 barrels getting enough air.

Yes, I think your better off sticking multiple darts down the barrel. While distance is significantly decreased, you do get the shot gun effect. I don't believe the loss of distance would be anywhere near that of dividing the air tank into three barrels. Besides, its a lot easier to stuff three darts down the bareel than to design a air distribution system that will keep the flow of air even. It's also easier to load one barel with three darts than three barels with three darts. It might work however, the lightning blitz was fairly powerful and had the shotgun effect.
Happiness is a foam gun.

#8 jpshyboi9

jpshyboi9

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 03:14 PM

i just thought that you might want the idea thirsty fag. so clean up your post on my topic or dont post at all. i mean do you have any better ideas than mine.i thouhg my shotgun theory was pretty cool. and the air tank can fit in a backpack ON YOUR BACK.

#9 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 03:40 PM

Actually, about all my ideas are better than yours. You just came too late to see them, and are to stupid to read previous posts.

To make it tri barreled, you dont need joints or anythng. Just run 3 pieces of vinal tubing fro the airtank, to each barrel, glue/tape them together, and glue that to a metal rod sticking out of the front of the gun to support it.

Jaoojfdlajdaljd, the quiet game includes you to. Ass flute.

THIRST
ko

#10 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 03:40 PM

Lets think, where do you usually where a backpack ??!?!? ON YOUR BACK MAYBE ?!?!?

Edited by Dan Wask, 11 March 2004 - 07:35 AM.

#11 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 04:38 PM

Lets think, where do you usually where a backpack ??!?!? ON YOU BACK MAYBE ?!?!?

Not to mention that the backpack airtanks is nothing new... it's been done so many times before.

Someone wanna give this asshole, jpshyboi9, a link to the Beast PC?

jpshyboi9, don't diss THIRST, his ideas are much better than yours, have merit, and he's actually gotten off his ass to make things. All I gather from you is that you sit around infront of your computer relying on others for guidance on your supposed solo effort. If you want to know how to do something that has never been done before, make the path and do it yourself. Go to THIRST's website to see actual mods that are worth looking at, and plus, he didn't have to ask anyone for help because he had the workethic to get the job done.

Some things to think about man.

Oh, and this whole shotgun thing... as suggested before, just shove 5 darts down a 16 inch barrel and you have yourself a shotgun.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#12 ShatteredDreams

ShatteredDreams

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 06:37 PM

Someone wanna give this asshole, jpshyboi9, a link to the Beast PC?

Dude, no offense, but the beast was shit (no offense to Cheeko and Opa for building it intended). You would have to wait 20 minutes + after every war for it to refill, and most of the time it shot so fast with the new airtank that all the air would be wasted halfway through the war. I'm pretty sure Cheeko still has it in his garage though, I'll go ask about it and maybe get some pics.
"Diplomats are just as esential to starting a war, as soldiers are to finishing it."- Will Rogers.

#13 Zero Talent

Zero Talent

• Contributors
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 10:24 PM

Ouf. Right, some straight answers:

My recommendation for connecting the three barrels would be the same as Thirst: Use three pieces of vinyl tubing, which can go into three drilled holes in a main air port, to the three barrels. However, there is a much larger issue at hand: Distribution. We all seem to be forgetting (or just letting petty arguments overshadow the fact) that three barrels could very well lead to firing only of those barrels with the least friction. So, two darts fire, and one kinda sticks in the end of the barrel, as all the pressure diffuses out the empty tubes. You can overcome this by using internal pistons; Just use a sealed piece of your dart material, attach it to a cord, and attach that to an anchor at the back of the barrel (such as a bolt/nail through the tube).

As for stuffing many darts into one barrel; That works just dandy for low payloads, but once you pass 5 or so bits the rear darts start to get much less range than the darts ahead of them, rendering them nigh useless. Multiple barrels could ensure more energy delivered to all projectiles, which would mean longer ranges. But without some kind of controlled air distribution system, you'll be left with a very unreliable system that only fires a handful of its ammo.

I apologize for the poor quality of this post: I'm incredibly tired.
"'Revere me as hot! All others are not! THIS, I COMMAND!'"
- Death

#14 jpshyboi9

jpshyboi9

• Banned
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:21 PM

the backpack was to explain the air tank nimrod

#15 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:16 PM

Dude, your not having your period.

#16 SnIpErX125

SnIpErX125

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 01:19 AM

Ass flute.

THIRST

Heh heh heh, Thirst I was reading your other post on that other Gaebo guy or whatever, oh yeah it was David, when I saw ass flute I laughed. And then I came into this thread and saw ass flute again. Whoo funny stuff.

Where'd you come up with that anyway? It's freakin' hilarious. :cry:
CAUTION: These plastic BBS sting like a mother when you get hit by them, so don't go shooting at the cat with it.

www.geocities.com/darkmessenger125/NerfRetreat.html

#17 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 04:35 AM

Don't change the color of your entire post.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#18 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 09:43 AM

Remember when the forum was coming up with body parts+instruments? This was my pride and joy, my very own...du dun dun dun...Ass flute!

This topic is way off topic, and me and jp have already talked bout it on aim, so..yeah.

THIRST
ko

#19 SnIpErX125

SnIpErX125

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 09:37 PM

Don't change the color of your entire post.

We can't color our font.
CAUTION: These plastic BBS sting like a mother when you get hit by them, so don't go shooting at the cat with it.

www.geocities.com/darkmessenger125/NerfRetreat.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users