The Rogue "sereph"

A Modular Primary straight from the Rogue Foundry

35 replies to this topic

#1 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

Ok, here is my contest submission, the "Sereph"(Sereph-A high ranking warrior Angel.). My goal in planning this project was to: (1.) Have a primary with decent range and good R.O.F (2.) I wanted the primary to be able to easily accept modular additions, and (3.) I wanted the secondary additions to be able to be used on other blasters that have the ability. I would like to first state that I do not claim to be the "first person" to use this design, but I do consider this blaster unique in its own right. Without further delay, I give you the "Sereph"!
Posted Image

Materials required:

A Longshot
A LS scope
A Titan tank and pump
A Titan pressure gauge
A LSFG cocking handle set
A cut-down AR-15 spring(or other spring of your choice)
1' of 1/2" pvc
3' of 1/2 cpvc
Two 1 1/2" pvc couplers
One 12" piece of 19/32" Brass
Two 12" pieces of 9/16" Brass
One 12" piece of 17/32" Brass
One 12" piece of 1/2" Brass
6" of clear tubing
1 can of spray expanding foam
Plastic epoxy
Plumbers putty
Plumbers Goop
Hotglue gun and glue
electrical tape
Teflon tape

Alright, lets start with the LS first. Open that baby up, it looks like this--full of un-needed crap!
Posted Image
I decided to remove all the locks and priming indicater, as they are in my opinion useless and suck.
Next I remove the plunger/boltsled assembly, followed by pulling the plunger out of the tube.
Posted Image
I used a cut-down AR-15 spring under the stock LS spring, as well as a bit of Teflon tape under the O-ring on the plunger head for a better seal. Before putting the plunger back in the tube make sure to add some lube.
Posted Image
At this time I construct my Brass Breech(Hereticorp's modified Angel Breech), but I won't bother going in depth with that because its been posted a thousand times. Here it is though...
Posted Image
Do NOT forget to add a spring or two to the catch or your blaster will not stay primed. Writing pen springs work great.
Posted Image
Now that the internals are taken care of, lets show the shell some attention. I used the standard 3" pieces of 1/2 pvc in the stock to prevent it from collapsing, the tripod legs and mounting location were removed, and the top tactical rail was removed for relocation.....
Posted Image
Posted Image
The rail was shortened by approx. 1", then epoxyed to the bottom of the LS. Make certain that when the rail in put into position, the rail halves line up to the LS shell halves.
Posted Image
If you choose to, the shell can now be sanded and painted. Next we will adress the modular additions.
Posted Image
Posted Image
To start, take your LS scope and gut+cut it so that the shell looks like this......
Posted Image
Posted Image
The LS scope will serve as the housing for the Titan's pump, as well as the attachement point for it's tank. Take your LSFG priming handle and remove the screw posts in both halves like so...
Posted Image
Now that we have prepared the main componets,lets build this thing! Slide the Titan pump through the LS scope, facing forward and epoxy it into place. Next, epoxy the Titans tank underneath, making sure to keeps things nice and straight. Lastly, epoxy your priming handles to the sides of the tank, filling the small gap in the middle with Plumbers putty. The handles give the tank a very nice feeling grip. It should look like this...
Posted Image
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#2 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

Posted Image
Remember to connect your tubing, and use Plumbers Goop to seal off the extra fitting on the Titans tank that was formerly used for the pressure gauge. Also attach a key-ring and wire trigger pull to the firing pin on the tank. Ok, now lets build the front. Cut five 5.5" segments of 1/2 cpvc. Glue them together in a start sort of pattern. Now fix them into place inside one of your 1 1/2" pvc couplers, making sure to leave about 1" of space between the bottom of the barrels and the top of the Titans tank---room for the air to travel to all barrels
Posted Image
Posted Image
Epoxy the other coupler over the barrels as well and fill in all the space between the outside of the barrels and the inside of the couplers with the spray expanding foam. We don't like dead space, it's bad. Use Plumbers Goops at the top and bottom of the barrels to make sure things stay air tight, then epoxy the finished barrel assembly to the Titans tank. Use Goop around the base of the coupler as well for leak prevention.
Posted Image
For the pump handle, I used the Titans pressure gauge. Gut it, and dill a hole through what used to be the face of the gauge big enough for the pump tube to go in. Epoxy it, and fill in any gaps with Putty...
Posted Image
Posted Image
I decided to plug the pump as well, but its not needed. Add paint if you wish, and you should have this---
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now introduce the two parts of the "Sereph" together, and you get this: A modular Primary with several options.
Posted Image
Posted Image
With my "RogueScope" equipped...
Posted Image
The final pic:----The Rogue "Sereph" Modular battle System.
Posted Image

Thank you for looking, flames are expected, comments are appreciated.--Rogue.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife

#3 StealthMan

StealthMan

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

All I have to say is I hope this wins.
<!--quoteo(post=212906:date=Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM:name=TantumBull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TantumBull @ Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not ashamed to admit that I have tried to eat my stefans. They just looked so yummy.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

NERF<b>STRONG</b> #108

#4 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

All I have to say is I hope this wins.

I honestly don't expect it to, but thank you. It is very comfortable, and extremely effective.---Rogue.

#5 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

Awesome. I think you should have taken the rail from another LS and used it and kept that rail so you could use the rogue-scope with this thing. That would be sick. But overall very nice job.

#6 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

Awesome. I think you should have taken the rail from another LS and used it and kept that rail so you could use the rogue-scope with this thing. That would be sick. But overall very nice job.

Thanks boss. I did think about that, but this keeps the whole gun from being too bulky. I also kinda like the "Railess" look better.

#7 X RUSHED X

X RUSHED X

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

Very nice looking Longshot there, Rogue. Approximately how long did this overhaul take you? Also, did you reinforce your boltsled with aluminum? Again, very nice.
QUOTE(Hipponater @ Oct 7 2009, 05:34 PM) View Post

If it feels hard to pump, stop.

#8 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:35 PM

Very nice looking Longshot there, Rogue. Approximately how long did this overhaul take you? Also, did you reinforce your boltsled with aluminum? Again, very nice.

It took a while for sure, mostly planning what I really wanted to accomplish. I actully plan on building several more of these. I did reinforce, but I used fiberglass resin, I suppose I forgot to put that in the write up, thanks for catching it.--Rogue.

#9 StealthMan

StealthMan

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

How long would the mod take?
<!--quoteo(post=212906:date=Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM:name=TantumBull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TantumBull @ Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not ashamed to admit that I have tried to eat my stefans. They just looked so yummy.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

NERF<b>STRONG</b> #108

#10 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

How long would the mod take?

Now that I have done it?---A few days, only because I am very busy and only get a few hours each night to do this kinda thing. This one took about a week or so.

Edited by NerfRogue83, 19 May 2009 - 03:00 PM.

#11 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

Wow. Great job man. Hope to see this at a war one day.

PS. I'm just going to make a wild guess and say you like longshots.
"I'm being very open with you miss... I shouldn't have taken those blue things."
-Dr. Spaceman on 30 Rock

If you see me in the trading forum, I am most likely posting for friends. They are very into trading/buying/selling guns. Me, not so much.

#12 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

Wow. Great job man. Hope to see this at a war one day.

PS. I'm just going to make a wild guess and say you like longshots.

Yeah, I would love to go to a war held by any member here. It's just kinda tuff with a job and 2 kids. Maybe someday, hopefully soon.

I do like LS's, though they can be tempermental at times. Easy integration, Decent range(when modded), and good R.O.F.--all in all a decent gun. I have a few more projects coming up that should be of interest here, and they are not LS's. Thank you for the comment too--Rogue.

Edited by NerfRogue83, 19 May 2009 - 03:28 PM.

#13 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:19 PM

I have always loved seeing new breech mechanisms, and I have honestly never thought about mounting a rail where you did. Also, I really enjoy what you do with your spare longshot parts (scopes etc.) As for the contest, good luck and may the best man win!
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#14 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:22 PM

I have always loved seeing new breech mechanisms, and I have honestly never thought about mounting a rail where you did. Also, I really enjoy what you do with your spare longshot parts (scopes etc.) As for the contest, good luck and may the best man win!

Thank you PointBlank, good luck to you and all the other contestants as well. I entered this, but really I made it to use playing with my friends and have fun. I think thats what its all about.---Rogue.

#15 alextwin007

alextwin007

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

Good job, any chance that you’ll post this writeup on Lt. Stefan’s site. Also reminds me of Stormbringer, but it’s modular.
Join the revolution
Nerf Revolution

#16 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

Good job, any chance that you’ll post this writeup on Lt. Stefan’s site. Also reminds me of Stormbringer, but it’s modular.

yes, I certainly will be posting it there as well. This is similar to that blaster, but as you noted--distinctly unique, and that was a major point I tried to cover.

#17 alextwin007

alextwin007

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

I think that the fact that it’s modular give it a huge advantage. This allows you to switch out the titan if you go to a war where it’s banded. Also it allows you to customize the gun based of where you’re playing.
Join the revolution
Nerf Revolution

#18 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

I think that the fact that it’s modular give it a huge advantage. This allows you to switch out the titan if you go to a war where it’s banded. Also it allows you to customize the gun based of where you’re playing.

I really could not have said it better myself. Thats why the "RogueScope is pictured--it can replace the shotgun if a higher range/R.O.F is needed. Stay tuned---more modular additions are currently being developed.---Rogue.

#19 Capten Karat

Capten Karat

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:33 PM

I think it would have really been amazing if you had figured out how to link the triggers but keep it modular, although this is highly improbable.
Take of your thinking caps, and put on your ALGEBRAINS!

#20 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

I think it would have really been amazing if you had figured out how to link the triggers but keep it modular, although this is highly improbable.

I think that would be rather contradictory, Modular implies that it would be removed quickly with little effort. If it were possible from my perspective, I would have done it.---Rogue.

#21 alextwin007

alextwin007

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

You could have used magnets to connect the triggers. But the problem with linked triggers is that if it’s a pump gun you can’t have it loaded and ready to fire.
Join the revolution
Nerf Revolution

#22 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:47 PM

You could have used magnets to connect the triggers. But the problem with linked triggers is that if it’s a pump gun you can’t have it loaded and ready to fire.

Exactly......Permanent integrations are cool and allow for linked triggers+ the like, but this system lets the individual choose their setup based on style of play and condition of the envirnment played in.---Rogue.

#23 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:47 PM

Just a question. Is the rail system wobbly with the titan on it? I did that with a SNAP(same way you did it but also added screws to it.) and I could easily fall off or knock it off.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#24 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

Just a question. Is the rail system wobbly with the titan on it? I did that with a SNAP(same way you did it but also added screws to it.) and I could easily fall off or knock it off.

Not at all really. The reason yours could be is that the bottom of the scope or whatever Nerf accessory you are using as a base for your accessorie has the 2 tabs that slide over the rail----they flex causing the instability. I add epoxy to the outside of each side tab so that they cant flex---problem solved!---Rogue.

#25 Vincent

Vincent

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

Quite nice, glad the tank I sold you got a good use. It might be easier to use, in my opinion, if you hooked up the firing pin to the priming handle of the lsfg.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 14 2009, 07:50 PM) View Post

Heresy. Nothing beats pink flamingos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users