I got a good idea while laying in bed trying to sleep

4 replies to this topic

#1 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 04:54 AM

Hey guys,
Thought of something interesting to reinforce the LS catch mech while trying to sleep. Do think this has been done, it is pretty unique, so here goes:

Measure the distance between the catch mech and the exact opposite spot on the other shell. Then, cut a dowel or piece of pvc about half a centimeter shorter than the measurement you just took, and glue some felt on one end. Then, glue that piece of dowel or pvc with the felt exactly opposite the catch mech on the left shell. The dowel or pvc will keep the mech pressed down, while the felt allows the mech to be sided up, as usual. This will hopefully help my problems with the catch mech popping up when the gun is being primed with a bbb/ls spring combo. Then, to reinforce it even more, do the standard catch spring addition, adding two ballpoint pen springs to the catch. Hopefully, after this, the catch will be invincible! :)

Sorry that there are no pics, I have not tried this out myself yet. When I do, pics will be on the way!
Also, be sure to keep checking for my two new longshot and titan mods, they are going to be sick when I finish them tomorrow!

Let me know what you think, and seriously, be honest, I really wanna know!

-HOTH
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

#2 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

Has anyone even had their catch break yet...?
Timothy M-Lick <3

#3 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

Has anyone even had their catch break yet...?

it would not be used to prevent the catch from breaking, it would be used to prevent the catch from coming off it's track while the gun was primed back when using stronger, or multiple, springs.
My YouTube

#4 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:48 PM

the only LS catch issue I have is that it is a weak design with very little actual catch space, so it often will slip and misfire.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#5 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:13 AM

the only LS catch issue I have is that it is a weak design with very little actual catch space, so it often will slip and misfire.

yah, thats what I am trying to prevent, and I'm actually pretty confident about it.
My YouTube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users