RSCB PS800

4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image

Clear 4 shot magazine, 5in barrel, internal deadspace reduced to minimum, screendoor latch thumb spring added, head of plunger filled with polyamide hot glue. I used a step drill bit to drill a hole in the side of the shell..

Posted Image

90 cpvc elbow chopped down to minimal size and half filled with hotglue plunger tube glued in place gaps around tube and elbow glued in place. If you test assemble the blaster whole the hotglue is still soft but not tacky, it just squishes out of the way allowing you to overglue and still assemble the blaster.

Posted Image

CPVC tee chopped down and inside opened so 1/2in cpvc can be shoved all the way through. I have a 5/8in plug cutter drill bit that cuts internals of cpvc couplers or anything else perfectly to fit 1/2in cpvc OD.

Posted Image

This is what ALL rscb magazines should look like from this angle thats thinwall 5/8 petg btw.
Posted Image

opening up cpvc to same as inside diameter of 5/8 petg is real easy with a nice pair of scissors ..

Ive played with magazine size a bit 3 shots seems to be the limit of the pistolsplats plunger volume. anything larger reduces ranges...

i can stand at my bench and put dents in the foam insulation on my garage door 50ft away... it shoots maybe 10ft further than that when the door is open but how many targets are laying in the grass waiting to be hit??

Don

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 24 July 2009 - 07:02 PM.

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#2 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

I like it. Pistol splats have always been a favorite of mine because they're comftorable and have a cool priming mech. This is a cool way to improve the RSCB.
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#3 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:02 PM

I was wondering what you would churn out for the contest, nice work, the pictures could be a bit better though.

One quick question, seeing as my petg experience is limited, I have to ask, how well would the thin wall petg rscb stand up to impact? I am guessing you would have to be a bit careful transporting it.

Edited by PointBlank, 24 July 2009 - 08:08 PM.

You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#4 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

I was wondering what you would churn out for the contest, nice work, the pictures could be a bit better though.

One quick question, seeing as my petg experience is limited, I have to ask, how well would the thin wall petg rscb stand up to impact? I am guessing you would have to be a bit careful transporting it.

a good hit will likely destroy the petg, or smash it at a minimum..... but the Tee protects it quite well...

I plan on using this at apoc to prove its capabilites...

It took me a long time to decide on somethign simple enough for the contest... 90% of my stuff requires specialized tools to reproduce.

Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#5 fandango202

fandango202

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

Wow, I like the design. Very creative.
When jesus gives you lemons save the recipt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users