Modular Rscb'd Bbbb

Perfectly straight RSCB, swappable

9 replies to this topic

#1 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

So I was at target the other day, perusing the nerf section, when I saw an abundance of BBBB's on clearance for 5 bucks. I had to pick one up. I originally couplered the gun, but decided it needed my standard of ROF (my main primaries are my LS and clipped PAS). So I RSCB'd it. I did it a bit different then everyone else, because I'm obsessive about having straight barrels and as little as possible deadspace. Onto the write-up.

Coupler your gun. Easiest thing ever. Just cut of the stock barrel at the beginning of the valve stem and glue on a coupler. In the picture you may be able to see the teflon tape I wrapped around the coupler before gluing it
Posted Image

I also wrapped some teflon tape under the o-ring because the o-ring on my blaster was horrid. There was a line going around the outside of the o-ring with little flakes of rubber hanging off, giving it a horrible seal. I should of put more on, because it isn't helping at all. I think I'll just take it to Ace and get a replacement. Incidentally, however, the teflon tape covers the OPRV venting holes on the sides in such a way that it squeaks when the gun is pumped fully. Which is awesome.
Posted Image

Now cut your shell like so.
Posted Image

Also cut a hole for the coupler.
Posted Image

Now begin assembling your RSCB with your street elbow. Make the part of the elbow that makes it a "street" elbow the part that will be inserted into the coupler.
Posted Image

Now start making some cuts on the shell. The first, deeper cut in the picture fits the end of the tee. The second fits the PVC holder section of the RSCB.
Posted Image

Here you can see how the tee fits into the first, deeper notch.
Posted Image

Now cut down the back part of the shell so the PVC holder section will fit. The best way to do it is go really slow, constantly test-fitting. Also make sure that you take equal amounts of material of of each half of the shell.
Posted Image

Now cut a holder section and glue it down. DO NOT GET ANY GLUE OR PUTTY ONTO THE TEE. I just used putty because I was low on super glue, and too lazy to deal with epoxy. I would recommend actually epoxying or super-gluing it down first before adding putty. Another thing: ONLY ADHERE THE PVC TO ONE SIDE OF THE SHELL. You're going to want to be able to open the blaster in case of a trigger break or something.
Posted Image

Onto the barrel. Funnel out the PETG on one end.
Posted Image

Do the same to one side of a PVC barrel sheath you should now make.
Posted Image

I did this to both pipes by twisting wire cutters like so. Apparently the corners are sharp enough to cut into it (and obviously it can bend the PETG).
Posted Image

Now wrap some e-tape around the PETG and goop it into the PVC. Make sire the funneled ends are as flush as possible with eachother. Now you can assemble you RSCB.
Posted Image

And the best part? You can still remove the RSCB by tugging on the elbow and tee.
Posted Image

Edited by TantumBull, 23 July 2009 - 11:01 PM.

#2 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:00 PM

And you can put on other attachments...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ranges: For some reason the gun shotguns 2 darts each shot. These 2 darts go about 65 feet before hitting my fence with about halfway drop. When I just load one dart in the barrel to prevent the shotgunning (obviously with the clip empty) it hits the fence without drop. And this is unplugged. I'm very happy with it. Now I just need to figure out the shotgunning problem. I'll try flipping the barrel around (the funnel might be being too helpful in loading darts, ha ha).

#3 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:10 PM

A shotgunning RSCB means your barrel material is too loose.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#4 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

For your two dart issue, how tight are your darts in PETG? If they're too loose (or really, loose at all), that could be cause for it to shoot two. If you don't want to change barrel material, Badwrench came up with a wooden dowell solution to stop extra darts, it's rather interesting. Here

Also, to eliminate more dead space (if you have the tools), you can cut down the T and L couplers (which isn't quite as do-able on the BBBB because you'd either have to put your rscb on the side) or cut of a bunch of the shell. Also, if you have a drill press, you can drill out the PVC so that CPVC will fit inside, thus reducing the dead space. However, if you do not drill it out and just pound CPVC in, the PVC will expand and no longer fit inside the coupler pieces.

I recently went to target, saw the BBBBs, but didn't bother to look at the price, I might have to go back, $5 is too good to pass up, with a little modification like yours they'd be great loaners for friends to get them into nerf.

Edit: Added a link to Badwrench's rscb stopper thing.

Edited by Hipponater, 23 July 2009 - 11:17 PM.

#5 spartan062

spartan062

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:17 PM

Very nice work. You can have RoF and range just by changing the barrel.
Join the Revolution- NerfRevolution.com

#6 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:18 AM

A shotgunning RSCB means your barrel material is too loose.

Yeah, that's probably another factor. I'll nest a bit of 17/32 brass at the beginning of the barrel and see if that does the trick.

For your two dart issue, how tight are your darts in PETG? If they're too loose (or really, loose at all), that could be cause for it to shoot two. If you don't want to change barrel material, Badwrench came up with a wooden dowell solution to stop extra darts, it's rather interesting. Here

Also, to eliminate more dead space (if you have the tools), you can cut down the T and L couplers (which isn't quite as do-able on the BBBB because you'd either have to put your rscb on the side) or cut of a bunch of the shell. Also, if you have a drill press, you can drill out the PVC so that CPVC will fit inside, thus reducing the dead space. However, if you do not drill it out and just pound CPVC in, the PVC will expand and no longer fit inside the coupler pieces.

I recently went to target, saw the BBBBs, but didn't bother to look at the price, I might have to go back, $5 is too good to pass up, with a little modification like yours they'd be great loaners for friends to get them into nerf.

Edit: Added a link to Badwrench's rscb stopper thing.

Thanks for the info. I had considered badwrench's set-up, but I decided not to because I wasn't all for my darts getting smashed by a wooden dowel. The darts unfortunately don't magically stay out of the tee section when you fire, but I really wish they did. Then again, I'm speculating this. I may try it out with a brass poppet system.

Very nice work. You can have RoF and range just by changing the barrel.

Thanks, although those things can be achieved with a normal big blast RSCB set-up. The main advantages of my way are that you have little deadspace and your RSCB is straight in accordance to the shell.

Edited by TantumBull, 24 July 2009 - 12:19 AM.

#7 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:01 AM

I just made an RSCB attatchment for my big blast, and to avoid shotgunning I had to use Angels beige foam
in CPVC.
On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#8 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

Cool, but maybe you should make a Tantum-style breech to go on the back of the RSCB to reload it.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#9 nightfinder

nightfinder

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:04 AM

Fuck.. I don't care if the RSCB shotgun's. Use it in (I think East Cost) style wars.. Kick some ass...
NerfGrassHopper
R u gay ur sig makes it look so.. just lokin' for anotha gay nerfer...

#10 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

I just made an RSCB attatchment for my big blast, and to avoid shotgunning I had to use Angels beige foam
in CPVC.

I'm gonna try nesting a bit of brass in about 5 minutes. I'll post my results afterwards.

Cool, but maybe you should make a Tantum-style breech to go on the back of the RSCB to reload it.

Thanks, and yeah, I considered putting a breech on the back, however, lazy me kicked in and I just made a makeshift end-cap. Oh and that breech I posted up a while back shouldn't be called a "Tantum" breech, because, as Split pointed out, I wasn't the first to do one. But it's my fault for the misunderstanding because that's what I named the thread. I actually just recently changed the name.

Fuck.. I don't care if the RSCB shotgun's. Use it in (I think East Cost) style wars.. Kick some ass...

Yeah... I kinda prefer having one more accurate shot then 2 that spread out from eachother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users