slightly easier this way. Page 2, updates. +Video

27 replies to this topic

#26 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

Yeah baby!

Vid's up. This titan is shooting at relatively low pressure, so keep that in mind.
The distance from barrel to wall is approx 25 feet.

If you're interested in the titan I use in this video go here.

#27 ggk

ggk

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:46 PM

I have a few questions about the template what size pvc is it made of? and when you use the template do you cut slits in the foam to slide the craft foam into before gluing or no?
17:18 Snake51886 to those who hamp: you do not nerf well, you paintball poorly

#28 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:43 AM

Sorry for the delay guys. The more of these things I make, the more shortcuts I discover. I'm not going to post another writeup until it's as efficient and effective as I can possibly make it. See for yourself:
Posted Image

I also made a bandoleer for arrows. It's super sexy. I call it an arrow bandoleer.

Nice use of a template there. Have you experimented with different fin lengths?

I've so far preferred the use of giant stefans to arrows but at these sizes maybe arrows will fly better. Finding the right balance of weight and barrel length in giant stefans gets fairly annoying, as larger sizes of foam fit worse and worse into the various larger sizes of PVC.

2 reasons to use short fins:
1.) finding a long template is difficult.
2.) the "horizon" of the arrow "shaft" makes it difficult to glue longer fins to the body because one end of the fin will hang over the curve of the foam body. If that doesn't make sense, lemme know.

Although arrows are more intensive to make, I think they outperform big stefans. I personally can't tell you why but the simple fact that I can pump my titan 5 times and still clear 30 feet with a homemade arrow is pretty damn impressive. That same arrow will also fly wickedly straight and fast at 20 pumps. Probably because arrows are so light and that they rely on the spin generated by the fins to fly straight instead of an orienting heavy weight. I dunno.

I haven't taken ranges yet, so maybe arrows have a lower ceiling of range. Again, I dunno. They work for my purposes and they're fun as hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users