At3k Pump Replacement?

Suckers broke.

13 replies to this topic

#1 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:11 PM

I just recently purchased a stock AT3K and I love it. The only problem with it is it has the common "pump pushes back when i try to pump it" problem. The check valve is broken, i know. The goo guage fills up when i pump it so i know its the check valve.

I need to replace it. However i would like to keep the pump handle AND auto rotation feature intact. Has anyone got a recommendation for a replacement pump that would allow these features? I searched and found nothing.
"I don't always drink beer. But when I do,
I beat my wife."

#2 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

Order a check valve from Mcmaster and install it in between the pump and the goo gauge.

#3 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

I do not like to have dead space in a pump, its happened before. And it sucks.
I beat my wife."

#4 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:05 PM

Spray silicone lube into the pump shaft. If that doesn't do it and your still bent on not installing a check valve, cut open the back end of the pump tube and see if you can clean out grit or fix whatever problem there is. I would personally just do what cheezy suggested. I've done this before and it won't make much of a difference as long as the check valve is as close to the end of the pump tube as possible.

#5 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:49 PM

Alright, i'll go with what you & cheezy are saying. Do you know of any I could get from a hardware store instead of buying online?

EDIT: And about the homemade ones, I have no poly-cutting tools. Or poly for that matter.

Edited by Norther_of_Heaven, 19 July 2009 - 05:05 PM.

I beat my wife."

#6 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

If you don't want to order from mcmaster, do a zorn style one. Just need a small ball, tubing, larger tubing, and a spring.

#7 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

It is not very common from my experience to find a check valve in most stores. If you cant get one from online or the haven, and there is no other option wal-mart has them for fish tanks. They are not as good and don't hold as much pressure, but it will work if left unplugged or left at lower pressures.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#8 Darth Tom

Darth Tom

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

You'll have to really search to find a check valve at a normal store. An auto parts store would be a good place to look. I personally get mine on eBay. Cheap and easy.

#9 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:51 PM

You'll have to really search to find a check valve at a normal store. An auto parts store would be a good place to look. I personally get mine on eBay. Cheap and easy.

Auto parts? Why? Pet stores, you can, but they tend to be a bit weak.

Definitely go with a mcmaster check valve, keep it close to the pump, and you're good to go.

Edited by diamondbacknf1626, 19 July 2009 - 07:53 PM.

QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#10 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:46 AM

Alright, that might be a possibility for me too. Recommendations from Mcmaster? I'd like it to fit the stock tubing.
I beat my wife."

#11 Darth Tom

Darth Tom

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

I've found a couple alright check valves at an auto parts store. There are always plenty of small size tubing connectors and tees too, they're for wiper fluid lines. It's not too odd if you think about it - plenty of fluids going through a car.

#12 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:57 PM

If you've ever gutted a hornet, you can find a check valve at the end of the trigger. Nice and small too.

#13 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:59 PM

Home depot has check valves for vinyl tubing. They're pretty inexpensive.

#14 Norther of Heaven

Norther of Heaven

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:21 AM

The problem has been fixed. Mods feel free to close or delete this thread.
I beat my wife."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users