Central Ohio War

Doing it again! August 8th, 2009

78 replies to this topic

#1 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

Time: Show up at 9:30 start at 10:00AM, lunch break at 12:00-1:00, and we end at tired.

Date: August 8th, 2009

Practice War: August 1st, 2009 meet at school at noon (no gun restriction)

Address: 499 E Weisheimer Rd. Columbus, OH 43214

RULES: Nerf War Etiquette! Don't be a douchebag. Any person that does not follow proper etiquette shall be asked to leave. If the strength of the weapon is considered to be excessive and you say it isn't, be prepared to be shot with your own weapon on your bare skin at (mostly) full draw/pumps at point blank. Bring plenty of stuff to use and a few loaners since it's fun to be shot with your own weapons/use others. It'll be hot: Bring water. Good news, a good amount (40+%) of the play area is covered by shade so we'll move to cooler spots as it gets hotter or whatever.

Location notes: There is a Panera/Chipotle at High Street/E Dominion Blvd for food. Also, there is a Jersey Mikes a few blocks south on High St. and a Bob Evan's/Taco Bell/Qdoba Grill/SUBWAY about 2-4 minutes away to the north of High Street. If the location is taken/hated we can always go to Whetstone Park or the High School. An after war meeting at Chipotle could be nice... It might be less lonely this time

Play notes: We did this once, but we were unable to do a few things. There is still a lot of play time left in this place. We'll have plenty of fun, but, it IS a park, we might have to move around, but there are 3 good play areas.

Match Types:
~Team vs. Team Deathmatch
--3:15 (single pistol, double pistol, primary)
--4:20 (double pistol, primary)
~Capture The Flag(short, mid, long ranges)
~Assault, Double Assault (pistols, primary)
~Humans vs Zombies
~V.I.P
~Defend the Core(only if we have the set up)
Showed
Prince Valor
coop
Lynx+3
Goggles+2
Hipponater+2
Mr BadWrench+1
chop+2
Jedijoe9
dog9
minsc

Link to Lynx's Walkthrough Images

Thanks Lynx for all the info

Edited by Prince Valor, 08 August 2009 - 04:24 PM.

QUOTE(Mr BadWrench @ Apr 18 2010, 05:44 AM) View Post
quote of the year

Camo: OUCH, WHAT WAS THAT!?
Prince Valor: That, Was a HIT!!
IRC
21:36 Talio: However Vacc and I have consensual sexual activity on a regular basis

#2 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:48 PM

I'm a maybe. I will know for sure at least one week out from the date of the war. If I attend, a guest may be joining me (Adam).

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#3 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:14 PM

Thaygor+1
Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#4 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:17 PM

Maybe for now, I'll update this post later.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#5 Crom Strom

Crom Strom

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

i'll be a maybe until i talk to my cousin about this.

#6 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:33 AM

Well guys i am glad to see that you are down for this, hopefully this time it won't rain.
quote of the year

IRC
21:36 Talio: However Vacc and I have consensual sexual activity on a regular basis

#7 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

I thought you wanted to have a different place.

I might not be able to go because of a vacation. More on that later.

For now, put "1 + Lynx?" up there.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#8 Crom Strom

Crom Strom

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:55 AM

while having it at the same place as last time would be fine, i do think we should try out other locations in the area, i.e. places with a better playground or whatever. heck, even a more wooded area would be nice.

#9 chop

chop

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:05 PM

Put me as a chop +1 right now under maybe

#10 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

while having it at the same place as last time would be fine, i do think we should try out other locations in the area, i.e. places with a better playground or whatever. heck, even a more wooded area would be nice.

I thought that too, but than i thought maybe we should give it another chance since it rained the whole time we were there last weekend.
quote of the year

IRC

#11 Crom Strom

Crom Strom

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:16 PM

I thought that too, but than i thought maybe we should give it another chance since it rained the whole time we were there last weekend.

rain or not, the playground wasn't exactly ideal, as the games ended up as 'camp camp camp, lob 392817401892743 darts, camp camp camp'

#12 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:06 AM

rain or not, the playground wasn't exactly ideal, as the games ended up as 'camp camp camp, lob 392817401892743 darts, camp camp camp'

What gun did you have? I don't recognize your name from the war.

I saw quite a few people flanking and Lynx was like under the gym half the time I saw him, haha. Maybe it was just you who was camping? I was chilling in the back most of the time, but I wouldn't say I was "camping".

I still vote for the same location. Maybe play a few more rounds in the woods, but I enjoyed the playground a lot.

I'm a strong maybe. I just need to double check one event to see if it's on that day.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#13 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

I saw quite a few people flanking and Lynx was like under the gym half the time I saw him, haha. Maybe it was just you who was camping? I was chilling in the back most of the time, but I wouldn't say I was "camping".

I still vote for the same location. Maybe play a few more rounds in the woods, but I enjoyed the playground a lot.

I'm a strong maybe. I just need to double check one event to see if it's on that day.

I believe he was one of those camping out in the respawn area but , thaygor could bring some of his bunkers(if he wants), i plan on building at least one for this event and that will provide some more cover and more obstacles.
quote of the year

IRC

#14 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:33 PM

That's a lot of darts... I think that was one round of darts for Coop though. Shit never stopped coming from his PAS.

Guys, as I posted above, August 1st doesn't work for my potential 4 peeps (including me). I would be the only one with a possibility to come to August 1st so...

How does August 8th work for you guys? The same or better?

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#15 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

That's a lot of darts... I think that was one round of darts for Coop though. Shit never stopped coming from his PAS.

Guys, as I posted above, August 1st doesn't work for my potential 4 peeps (including me). I would be the only one with a possibility to come to August 1st so...

Either date is fine with me but it is up to you guys i will update this if needed.
quote of the year

IRC

#16 Coop

Coop

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:56 PM

No difference for me, either works. I'm still not a definite though.

I'm a bit trigger happy!

#17 Crom Strom

Crom Strom

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

i was the fat guy with the painted big bad bow. that playground is only good for the team going towards the school. the team that starts closer to the school has such a disadvantage with terrain.

#18 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

i was the fat guy with the painted big bad bow. that playground is only good for the team going towards the school. the team that starts closer to the school has such a disadvantage with terrain.

Both ends are equal, you can get good positions on both sides, as long as your not being a dick and standing in the respawn area. Lynx even used the slide on the side by the school to dodge on coming shots.
quote of the year

IRC

#19 minsc

minsc

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:30 AM

Honestly, I thought the exact opposite. The tree to the left of where you start close to the school pretty much let me shut down anyone coming in that direction. I noticed the guys with PAS's and the + bow doing the same thing.

I liked the tree area a little better though as well, as it made it a little spread out and easier for me to run and dodge.

I'm still a maybe for either date, but if more people are going the 8th, I say we go for it.
QUOTE(Zorn's Lemma @ Jul 25 2010, 12:18 AM) View Post

You'll do a lot better if you spread the lips with the front. Trying to wriggle the back in there first seems a bit counterintuitive.

RSCBow

#20 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

Honestly, I thought the exact opposite. The tree to the left of where you start close to the school pretty much let me shut down anyone coming in that direction. I noticed the guys with PAS's and the + bow doing the same thing.

I liked the tree area a little better though as well, as it made it a little spread out and easier for me to run and dodge.

I'm still a maybe for either date, but if more people are going the 8th, I say we go for it.

I guess I'm indifferent about the playground, I kinda like it, but the rain just made it harder to use (can't run as much).
However, I'm with minsc, that tree is OP, I was on of those guys with the +bow/PAS holding the tree, it was good for either side to take and it really shut down the other side.

I wouldn't mind going back to the same park, and either date works for me (and likely my group) right now, but we don't really plan that far in advance, I'll let you guys know if I can come closer to the date. But I have no preference.

#21 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:27 AM

I'm a negative on the 1st and a definite on the 8th. I broke my collarbone a bit ago and the 8th will be right at the end of the recommended recovery time.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#22 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:41 PM

I am not going to be able to make it to this war.

Sorry

~Tyler
Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#23 Prince Valor

Prince Valor

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:31 PM

Well i guess since we will have more people coming on the 8th i will push this back a week to the 8th. But if some of you want to come out on the 1st too i am all down for that...in fact that would be awesome to have 2 weekends in a row that there would be a war.
quote of the year

IRC

#24 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

1st: Lynx?

8th: Lynx + 1, 2-3?

On the topic of camping: The playground supports camping, group fire and pot shots. But for some reason, we like that. Plus, half of the time, I was standing out in the open with a NF lobbing shots and being shot at with a PAS/+Blow. I had fun. The other half, I was playing on the right side (facing the school). This involved climbing in, on and through things.

Edited by Lynx, 21 July 2009 - 02:11 PM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#25 Goggles

Goggles

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:05 PM

I will be there, with 1 guest for sure, potentially an additional 1-2 above that.
QUOTE(KatanasPWN @ Nov 27 2010, 04:53 PM) View Post

...just keep a careful watch on some of the newbs and people with stupid names (ie. anything with knex, lego, etc)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users