Flood Light Mod, A Jumping Nacho Production

Ever wondered how to make that laser sight on your Night Finder useful

8 replies to this topic

#1 Jumping Nacho

Jumping Nacho

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:03 PM

I have always hated the sights on Nerf Guns, so one day, I grabbed my Night Finder and tools, on a quest to make that stupid laser sight of some use, this was my result:

Step 1: Open Up the gun and unscrew the screws on the black thing that I am pointing at in the picture.
Posted Image

Step 2: Detach the black flashlight part from the gray and yellow thing by unscrewing the screws I am pointing at.
Posted Image

Step 3: So now you have the separate pieces. Put the gray and yellow thing in your pocket and screw the black flashlight back in. Screw the gun back together.
Posted Image

It takes 3 easy steps, but it is quite usefully. Simply take the yellow and grey thing off and the red light acts as a powerful floodlight, put the the piece on and it acts as a laser!

I'm am coming out with better mods in the near future, but for now, this is a simple, but effective mod that will only take you a few minutes to complete.

~The Jumping Nacho~
"At that point I know it wasn't just a quest for survival, It was to catch 'em all. Every freakin' pokEmon out there!" - Ty Pickens

#2 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:15 PM

Can you be more specific on how bright it is? It seems like a great idea but that little light doesn't seem to be powerful enough to do much more than make you a beacon. Maybe a pic of it turned on in a dark room would help.
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#3 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:18 PM

Yeah a picture in a dark room would really help.
On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#4 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:13 PM

It takes 3 easy steps, but it is quite usefully.

Usefully? No way! I need to go check my dictionary to see if any other words have changed... Ok maybe that was a bit harsh.
Anyway, good concept, needs more pictures.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#5 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:12 PM

Can you be more specific on how bright it is? It seems like a great idea but that little light doesn't seem to be powerful enough to do much more than make you a beacon. Maybe a pic of it turned on in a dark room would help.

It's a cheap LED. What do you expect?

#6 Dr BoB

Dr BoB

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:38 PM

Either my light was different or something is wrong with it because I tried this and it only makes it worse. The peace you removed magnifies and focuses the light making it brighter.
QUOTE(Goombadude3 @ Oct 5 2009, 07:34 PM) View Post
The awkward cocker is a big down side

Yes it is indeed.

#7 Jumping Nacho

Jumping Nacho

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:45 AM

Sorry you guys didn't like it, here is an idea of how powerful it is on floodlight mode:

In a dark room:

Solid red circle about a foot across and a foot tall (well, duh it's a circle)

I have been using it in night wars and it works good for me.
"At that point I know it wasn't just a quest for survival, It was to catch 'em all. Every freakin' pokEmon out there!" - Ty Pickens

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

I'm calling bullshit. At no point did your pictures actually show any changes and now you say that having a light on your gun is good for night wars. If you're playing at night you don't want anyone to know where you are. You know a good way for people to know where you are in a night war? Turn a light on in the dark.

The mod is useless, your write up was terrible and you didn't actually show a picture of the finished product. Next time you do a "mod" and make a "write up", you've got to have more information then this. Otherwise, the guys at NHQ will love this thing.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#9 canuck

canuck

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

How much is anyone willing to bet this goober is six?
I am pretty sure it has been done before.
We don't have military tactics or specialized training. We're fucking kids playing with plastic guns trying to tag each other.
-nerfer9

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users