The Trojan Horse

3b with internal pvc coupler and more!

18 replies to this topic

#1 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:00 AM

Today, is the day before my nerf war. I was mad, because i had no guns. I ran down to walmart, and got a 3b.

Stuff needed.

Pvc coupler x1
Hot glue
rope of some kind
yellow duck tape
e-tape
spring slightly stronger than 3b spring
rfs spring
string

Tools needed

pipe cutters (not needed but makes a cleaner cut)
Hacksaw
Hot glue gun
screw driver philips head and flat head
A brain. and a body with arms and legs ect.

Part 1: mods to the front shell

First off, hacksaw off the frond handle (no pics)

second, screw apart the front of your gun with a philips head screwdriver.

Posted Image

second, take stuff out until it looks like this:

Posted Image

cut off the orange barrel on this part and sand the hole until 1/2 in pvc slides through smoothly

Posted Image

cut your coupler in half.

Posted Image

Place a 4 inch or so piece of half inch pvc through the orange part

Posted Image

push your coupler into the back. pull it though the orang part until it stops. and then ad LOTS of hot glue around the seems. (that's what she said)

Posted Image

Cut a 1 inch piece of string, and glue it like so onto the back of the coupler in the orange part.

Posted Image

Part 2: mods to the back part

Open the back part. (you will need to use a flat head screw driver on the parts that are screwed together.

Posted Image

take apart the plunger head, and pull the plunger rod out of the back. (no pics)

here is one of the springs compared to the normal one. it is a nf- like spring and 1/4 it is a bit stronger than the 1st 3b spring. add this along with a rapid fire shotgun spring.

Posted Image

put the plunger back together with the new springs, and wrap the plunger head in e tape until makes a great seal in the plunger tube. (no reinforcements yet, I will do them as soon as I hep epoxy putty.

Posted Image

connect the orange part into the plunger, and wrap it in a bit of e-tape.

Posted Image

screw it all together.

Part 3:finishing toutches

if you want, Add a strap, using your rope. and wrap your gun in yellow duck tape.
Make a 6 inch barrel of your choice.

finished gun:

Posted Image

I am sorry that some of the pics are blurry, I am not good at holding a camera. and I am sorry if this is a bad write up, It is my first.

-Stuck by stefan.

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#2 hardshot

hardshot

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:20 AM

I think this is good for a quick mod, but I do beileve all this has been done before. I am not sure why you put on yellow duck tape. The duck tape just makes it ugly. What are the ranges?
NEON GREEN DARTS! FINALLY!

I've Been Dreaming of this day.

-Baghead

If you are CANADIAN, Join the Canadian nerf site right now! Click me if your canadian

#3 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:02 AM

Whats up with the yellow duct tape?

I mean I understand putting that on if you paint your gun all black, but you
didn't paint it.

Also what are the ranges on that gun?

One more thing, what is the point of the string?
I see the use of the rope, but not the string.

Edited by white moonlight, 11 July 2009 - 06:04 AM.

On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#4 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:23 AM

:P Nice clinch modding. See you in a few hours.

Edited by jackster57, 11 July 2009 - 06:27 AM.

#5 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:46 AM

Nice quick mod. You really need to reinforce it, or it is going to break soon.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#6 carlough

carlough

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:50 AM

Well, Nice job!
I think that this is the first time that someone fully explained how to couple a BBB! (from what I've seen)
I agree that the yellow tape doesn't look to great.
But I think the string may have been an attempt at cushioning....
I think.
RAZZLE FRAZZLE TO THE EXTREME!!!

#7 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:29 AM

[quote name='carlough' date='Jul 11 2009, 08:50 AM' post='241414
But I think the string may have been an attempt at cushioning....
I think.
[/quote]

The string is used to keep his darts from falling into the plumger when the gun is primed.

industrial designer

#8 nightfinder

nightfinder

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:07 PM

You might as well call it the trogan worm B), Don't use the word trogan in the title unless you made the condom bow :D
NerfGrassHopper
R u gay ur sig makes it look so.. just lokin' for anotha gay nerfer...

#9 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:30 PM

To Nightfinder: Already Been done.
On topic: The ductape blows.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#10 Bedhed117

Bedhed117

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

God you guys are so freaking picky. Duct tape is the most universally used tool on the planet and you get PO'd at anyone who uses it because it isn't "pretty enough." On to the mod, I give it two-and-a-half stars out of five simply because it isn't reinforced other than that it looks nice. BBB's rule!

Edited by Bedhed117, 11 July 2009 - 05:29 PM.

QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 18 2009, 09:48 AM)

Anyone who's sig is a quote of themselves is an enormous douchebag.

Join the Revolution

#11 2iko

2iko

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for this writeup, I'll have to do my coupler the same way, so far I'm just using the barrel it comes with cut open with tape wrapped around my barrel material so it fits snug.

Also, no reinforcements doesn't seem to be a problem for my BBB, I added two industrial springs in mine along with the regular one and I've fired it so many times I don't even remember but it hasn't even cracked the plastic piece holding the springs in it yet!

I have no sig so my posts cut off weird so I'm putting this here. XD

#12 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

Nice, quick mod. Good if you're in a situation (NIB war).

To take steady shots with a camera hold your elbows to your body, get stiff (I know, double entendre), and exhale on the shot.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#13 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:32 PM

God you guys are so freaking picky. Duct tape is the most universally used tool on the planet and you get PO'd at anyone who uses it because it isn't "pretty enough."

Personally, I don't like using something that looks like shit. Maybe you're one of those "Function over Form" people. I'm not. Get over it.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#14 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:26 AM

If you post a writeup, it's fair game for people to critique. Your next step is to filter out the chaff. Only you know why you made it, and to what standards it must meet.

As for us reading it, if we seek to utilize it, we each have our own standards, and it's fair to decide against this mod on those standards alone. So what if our requirements are not uniform? We have the board owners' leave to post our opinions (at risk of digression, I see us as having no rights here, only their indulgence.)

As for me, and back to the mod, I will definitely consider using the internal details should I have a chance to mod this blaster. However, I am a bit of an asthetically-oriented modder, so I'll opt for different housing. Either way, i appreciate the OP for sharing his experiences (and, also his pics, albeit a bit blurry) with us. He didn't have to, so the fact that he did is something for which I am grateful.
Fugly is a feature.

#15 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

Personally, I don't like using something that looks like shit. Maybe you're one of those "Function over Form" people. I'm not. Get over it.

And the duct tape doesn't even add function. It will wear over time, and isn't particularly resistant to impact, so there's more than a chance of it coming loose in the middle of a war.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#16 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

Ok, the duck tape does not hold the gun together. I just put it there to make the gun look silly.

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#17 nerfdude123

nerfdude123

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:23 AM

Hey struck how did you get the back part open? Mine is stuck even when you take all the screws out and the orange scope part. Help from anyone would be appreciated.

On topic, nice quick mod. I'm doing a different one but nice one anyway.

Edit Never Mind got it open.

Edited by nerfdude123, 14 July 2009 - 10:44 AM.

I liked how you called me big meany head. I'll use that one next time Vacc calls me a faggot.

~ Talio

#18 cannotaim

cannotaim

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

Hey struck how did you get the back part open? Mine is stuck even when you take all the screws out and the orange scope part. Help from anyone would be appreciated.

On topic, nice quick mod. I'm doing a different one but nice one anyway.

Edit Never Mind got it open.

If your a man use your strength and if your a goober ask your dad.
Blasphemy, what did I warn you about shoving things up your ass? First it was erasers, dice, and gerbils...now my wristbands? What's next, apples and grapefruit?-Groove

Nerflovers

#19 nerfdude123

nerfdude123

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

[If your a man use your strength and if your a goober ask your dad.

I got it open. And I have the strength I just didn't want to break it because I didn't know it had to be forced open.
I liked how you called me big meany head. I'll use that one next time Vacc calls me a faggot.

~ Talio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users