Photo

Bolt Cracked In Half? I Have Another Solution.

fixing your LS WITHOUT SINGLING OR ANGEL BREECH

22 replies to this topic

#1 slimjim7

slimjim7

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

the concept is that instead of using SCH 40 half inch PVC, you can use half inch Outer diameter PVC, IE: the PVC that can fit inside regular half inch. the trick is to drill out the inside with a 5/8 drill bit the problem is that if you have the drill bit drilling inside the vice it will put a gaping hole in the side so do a little more than half then flip it around so it fits a dart its more cost effective solution to an Angel Breech and will fix your broken longshot
this is my first post state you mind but not if its already stated in replies. :)

sorry roboman is wrong or i'm reading it wrong too just figure out a way whatever drill bit to make a dart fit less snugly IE so you can blow it out with sheer lung power. i'm sorry for the incovience of the people that already commented.

i applaud boltsniper, captain slug, forsaken angel,and uin 13 for contributions to this site and the nerfing community keep up your genius.
(i do not like any one more than the other so they are in alphabetical order)

ive also considered getting ABP5K internals (captain slug) into a longshot or Recon
(i've always wanted a semi automatic longshot) but thats off topic.

Edited by slimjim7, 11 July 2009 - 10:19 AM.

"When the pin is pulled Mr. grenade is not your friend." -US army training manual

Join the Revolution!

Im a mac

copy and paste this to your Sig if you are a mac.

#2 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Come again?
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#3 SaucyGanzalez

SaucyGanzalez

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

It's a little hard to understand what your saying, I hope this doesn't count as back-seat moderating but fixing your grammer would help.
"Fuck it, ill use a hacksaw" ~ SaucyGanzalez

"Makin darts, eaten'....What ever this is" ~ UberKuhlMan

#4 ZACHARIAH

ZACHARIAH

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

Huh? Pictures might help people understand you.
"When the pin is pulled Mr. grenade is not your friend." -US army training manual

#5 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

I absolutely love how you put Uin13 with Slug and Angel on your list of guys you applaud. If you want to keep from being a total goober, call him ice.

It seems cool, but I have hard time understanding. Pictures?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#6 GoldHawk

GoldHawk

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:13 PM

So, wait, are you saying that you need to drill out the inside of a 1/2" OD pipe with a 5/8" bit? Wouldn't that leave you with a negative 1/8" wall thickness?

EDIT: Oh, gotcha now. But not all brands need to be bored out, right now I've got some that I've been using as 1/2" CPVC couplers.

EDIT #2: Make sure you differentiate between regular ol' PVC (the white tubing) and CPVC (the beige tubing)

Edited by GoldHawk, 11 July 2009 - 12:13 PM.

Idiot tolerance = 0

#7 flamingeyes245

flamingeyes245

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:15 PM

Wha?
Keep your friends close,
And your Nerf guns closer.

External Modification contest, check it out!

Using anything I write as a sig makes your penis shoot rainbows. Bitches LOVE rainbows
^^VACC

#8 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

So, wait, are you saying that you need to drill out the inside of a 1/2" OD pipe with a 5/8" bit? Wouldn't that leave you with a negative 1/8" wall thickness?

No, actually. The OD of 1/2" CPVC is almost exactly 5/8", and the ID of 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC is just a tad smaller than 5/8". If you take a 5/8" bit and drill out the 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC, 1/2" PVC will fit with just a light tap of a hammer.

BTW: If you have access to one, a lathe works much better for boring out the PVC.

Edited by roboman, 10 July 2009 - 10:51 PM.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#9 slimjim7

slimjim7

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

Come again?

i'm not exactly a novelist but thanks for the input the first sentence sums it up

Join the Revolution!

Im a mac

#10 slimjim7

slimjim7

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:49 AM

Wha?

read Robomans comment

Edited by slimjim7, 11 July 2009 - 10:19 AM.

Join the Revolution!

Im a mac

#11 slimjim7

slimjim7

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:04 AM

read the post again i edited it

Edited by slimjim7, 11 July 2009 - 10:14 AM.

Join the Revolution!

Im a mac

#12 slimjim7

slimjim7

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:13 AM

Read the post again i edited it. :P

Join the Revolution!

Im a mac

#13 slimjim7

slimjim7

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

you can start reading comments now without it being a misunderstanding (its my first post)

Join the Revolution!

Im a mac

#14 durka durka

durka durka

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

Quintuple post! +1 to mega noobishness.

Bonus point multiplier for annoying font size: x2

Edited by durka durka, 11 July 2009 - 02:36 PM.

"The warrior who cultivates his mind polishes his arms"

#15 slimjim7

slimjim7

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

Quintuple post! +1 to mega noobishness.

Bonus point multiplier for annoying font size: x2

what can i say? i mis understood Roboman :D but how do you like the homemade B)

Join the Revolution!

Im a mac

#16 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

what can i say? i mis understood Roboman :) but how do you like the homemade :D

Pictures would be nice...

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#17 slimjim7

slimjim7

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

what can i say? i mis understood Roboman :) but how do you like the homemade :(

Pictures would be nice...

like i said it only got to the idea and make stage, not installation. its the PVC that is a little bigger in about 1/16 on each side outer diameter than a stock dart and a little smaller in inner diameter than a stock dart. home depot has it.

Join the Revolution!

Im a mac

#18 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

If you can, please provide images of said implementation. If this is just an idea thread, you'll likely find reality intruding if/when you do need to see it in the real world. :D Not speaking from first-hand experience with this particular mod, just from pained experience in general.

I'd love to see what you mean. I'm not trying to tear down or dis the idea - I just want to know how to categorize this: a writeup of a proven idea, a work-in-progress, or an untested idea.
Fugly is a feature.

#19 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

like i said it only got to the idea and make stage, not installation.

Then you shouldn't have bothered to post. Also your post quality is terrible.

Take two months off to re-read the board rules.
http://nerfhaven.com...?act=boardrules
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#20 cannotaim

cannotaim

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:27 PM

If I understand this correctly then it wouldn't work because there are pieces of plastic that help the bolt slide. You could put the pvc inside the bolt, but not on the outside of the bolt.
Blasphemy, what did I warn you about shoving things up your ass? First it was erasers, dice, and gerbils...now my wristbands? What's next, apples and grapefruit?-Groove

Nerflovers

#21 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:55 PM

One of these days I have to do a write-up on my bolt sled replacement. It's made of Delrin, slides very nicely, and should be far stronger than the old crappy bolt. It's fully Angel-breach-compatible. I actually planned to submit my LS to the mod contest, but after two weeks in the machine shop, I figured that the practicality score would actually be negative.

#22 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:08 PM

op's a butthole

Edited by King Of Butt Land, 01 August 2009 - 09:35 PM.

QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#23 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:20 AM

I've actually done this with my LS. It required a little thinking to get everything just right, but in the end it was worth it. It requires only minimal supplies, in my case I used 1/2" CPVC and cemented the barrel nub to the CPVC in the right spot. It does jam occasionally, but it's still faster and cheaper than angel breeching it. It doesn't do much for the range, I was getting 70ft pretty consistently with it prebreak and after I fixed it, it added MAYBE 5ft. Still, it's a nice alternative to having a busted LS.

Edited by Bullshit Dragon, 02 August 2009 - 04:43 AM.

Gimme back my bullets....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users