The Split Shot

Suggestions?

14 replies to this topic

#1 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:45 PM

Alright I have had this off brand nerf gun called the splitshot since I was quite young and I decided to see if I can modify it. The problem is I don't know what I should begin with. The guns idea is it has two barrels that can separate at an even degree angle. There are two triggers and the one in the front controls the splitting of the barrels. The idea of this is if two people came at you from both of your sides you would pull the front trigger and one barrel would be aiming at 9 o'clock and another at 3 o'clock. This is a fun idea but pretty impractical so it doesn't need to retain that functionality. The funny thing is that the two barrels fit my stefans almost perfectly and have no shafts so I did some test firing before I opened it up. It shoots two stefans at least 25 feet I want to say more like 35. To me this is pretty impressive so somehow singling it or something would be nice. Rebarreling it wouldn't necessarily do anything but it may be needed. Here are some pictures for your consideration.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have never seen a spring gun with tubing before but that may just be because I am new. The plunger becomes two smaller ones that instead of having plunger heads like a nerf gun they have small rubber like little cups that serve the purpose of a plunger head. i don't know if these are very efficient though. You cock it from the back and then it shoves the two plungers down two cylinders that are then connected to the tubing that leads to the barrels. The plunger draw is maybe two inches. If more pictures are needed just ask its just late at night and I don't know what I needed so there it is. Thank you for any help.

#2 flamingeyes245

flamingeyes245

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

pics of the plunger system please
Keep your friends close,
And your Nerf guns closer.

External Modification contest, check it out!

Using anything I write as a sig makes your penis shoot rainbows. Bitches LOVE rainbows
^^VACC

#3 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

This reminds me of an SS1. Just do a spring replacement and if you can, widen the tubes. If they join at a Y, you don't have to widen or replace the tubes, but if you could, drill another hole for your second barrel and add another section of tube. The catch could be modified with a pen spring in tandem (double) with the original spring, and you can always reinforce your plunger. Search the forums for Secret Shot one modifications, or look in the directory.

TL;DR: His setup, on further review, looks somewhat like this:
____ _________
O--////C -=I======8

Where the plunger/spring assembly is on the left, C is the catch, and to the right of the catch is the Y tubes/double barrel assembly (that is severely drawn wrong).
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#4 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

I just found one of these at a thrift store a couple weeks ago; I've additional pictures of the internals and plunger assembly.

Posted Image

I'm not sure if mine is stock though I suspect not, because of how strong the spring is. The stock barrels are a very tight fit for tag darts, equivalent to 1/2" cpvc. Ranges for mine are about 40+5 feet. Which I found not really impressive, until I saw the size of the plunger tubes.

Posted Image

Your purple one appears to have similar sized plunger tubes, what sort of ranges are you getting with the stock spring?

Edited by Twitch, 07 July 2009 - 11:01 PM.

"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#5 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

If I am not mistaken you have a stock spring in yours. The spring in mine is definitely beefy and it has always been strong.

Edited by runedrig, 07 July 2009 - 11:04 PM.

#6 aishihigeo

aishihigeo

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:05 PM

What does the front trigger do?
Looks like a large warthog.
You mean Jesus doesn't get you an extra 20 feet?
I blame insufficient praising of his name. If you don't cross yourself and point to the sky after every minor achievment how is a higher power supposed to know that you are pleased with his mad sacred game?-VACC

#7 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:07 PM

the front trigger separates the two front barrels. They just sort of rotate is there spot basically so they are point in different directions. Which means the back trigger shoots both at the same time.

Edited by runedrig, 07 July 2009 - 11:09 PM.

#8 aishihigeo

aishihigeo

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:18 PM

the front trigger separates the two front barrels. They just sort of rotate is there spot basically so they are point in different directions. Which means the back trigger shoots both at the same time.

So both pungers get channelled into one barrel?

Edited by aishihigeo, 07 July 2009 - 11:19 PM.

You mean Jesus doesn't get you an extra 20 feet?
I blame insufficient praising of his name. If you don't cross yourself and point to the sky after every minor achievment how is a higher power supposed to know that you are pleased with his mad sacred game?-VACC

#9 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

No there is one plunger that breaks into two smaller plunger that cause the air force to go through two different tubes into two separate barrels. If you look at the pictures it should become obvious.

#10 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

Can you tell me what brand the gun is from? it looks like the same brand as some small guns i found in a kind of dollarstore in my block. überly sucking b.t.w.
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#11 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:10 AM

Mod it, post pics.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#12 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:25 PM

The purpose of this thread was to ask what I should do to mod this gun. The spring is already pretty beefy so I don't think I should add more....

Edited by runedrig, 08 July 2009 - 06:16 PM.

#13 pjotrkuh

pjotrkuh

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

Thew purpose of this thread was to ask what I should do to mod this gun. The spring is already pretty beefy so I don't think I should add more....

Maybe you should try to replace the plungertubes and plungers with bigger ones (NF,LS?) and lengthen the barrels appropriatly(?)

But again, what brand is the gun from?
When the shit hits the fan, you'd better wear a rain coat.....

#14 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:10 AM

You should sell it to Split.
Teehee.

#15 runedrig

runedrig

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

That would be quite the gun for you split. Now I am unsure what it is worth and I am very interested in modding it myself because of its dual fire and beefy spring. This gun ever so slightly reminds me of a xbow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users