Read and Be Enlightened

7 replies to this topic

#1 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:01 AM

This is being made to supplement the CoC. There has been some really bad writeup threads in the Modification/Paint-job forums recently, as well as bad posts, so I started to think that the CoC was too vague for many.

This thread should apply to anybody who wants to create better posts, threads and write-ups, not just the little ones on the forum.

Let's see, where to begin...

WRITE-UPS

The first thing to do when planning to post your writeup is examine your content. Pictures are a must, because even though you'll "try" to get them up by tomorrow, you could have just posted the thread when you had your pictures ready. Lurk up the forums with the search bar and mods directory until you feel satisfied that your mod is unique enough to deserve it's own thread. If you still have the description and pictures, you can post in the Modification/Paint-job picture thread.

GENERAL POSTING VOCABULARY

Some common misspelled words on this forum include: Breech, Handle, Barrel, Valve, and basically all of the homonyms (to, too, and two; there, they're, and their; then and than; affect and effect)

Never use smileys frequently, especially in the same row.

Abbreviations must be capitalized. (smdtg makes me say smegma[size=1] when I read it aloud.)

Also, follow the CoC when it comes to this.

FORUM MECHANICS

When you need help with a mod, try and PM the person who posted it. They will help you faster than you making a huge mistake by summoning up some necromancy.

Never ever post in a thread if it has been inactive for over a month or two.

Read this with the other tutorial threads and you will be on your way to having a good stay at Nerfhaven.

Edited by CA13, 08 July 2009 - 09:21 AM.

Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:13 AM

I don't see anything in the board rules that is "vague". And if you are unaware of what is expected for a given section, then you haven't read enough of the other threads in that section.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:27 AM

Thank fucking christ. I'm so glad you made this post, because there is no way that the mod team can handle our jobs. We're completely incompetent. Seriously, sometimes I can't even figure out how to put my pants on properly. What would we have done without you?
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#4 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

Give the guy a break, he's trying to make your job easier, not harder. Yeah, a lot of this could be figured out with a little time spent lurking in the Haven, but hey, no harm done by it. I've seen worse threads.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

You're entirely right. We clearly are being too hard on people. I'm so glad you posted that. I have seen the light. Today is a new day for me. From now on, everything's going to be different. Thank you, Crow. Thank you for opening my eyes and making me see. What would I have done without you?

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#6 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:03 PM

Talio, CROW never stated anything about how you're being too hard on people. Your response to him was incredibly rude and pointless.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#7 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:19 PM

This is exactly the response I had in mind for the thread. Sarcasm meant with comparison.

This was a good experiment.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

#8 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

Everybody here is clearly too clever for anyone else to understand what is going on, and it's all very annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users