2 wars in one day, or two?

25 replies to this topic

#1 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

Alright, so myself and Beaver have been working on this for a while. We want to have either two small wars in one day, or two small wars in two days.

We are definatley having an outdoor war on the 18th. The question is whether we are going to have the indoor war in the evening of the 18th, or if we should have it the night before, on Friday the 17th. Here is the tentative schedule.

Outdoor War:
Date: July 18th
Time: 11-4
Address: W Langford Park, St Paul, MN 55108. Amazing Pictures.

Meet by the Bandstand.

Is anyone up for a feast between wars? I'm thinking we go somewhere cheap, or maybe order food and eat at the park.

Indoor War
Date: July 18th
Time: 5:30-9
Address: 500 Pillsbury Dr SE, Minneapolis, MN

Not sure where we are going to meet, probably meet outside by the doors and have Beaver let us in.

So, tell me what works best for you. Would you rather have the indoor war on Friday Night, or Saturday Night after the outdoor war.

Edited by venom213, 07 July 2009 - 04:47 PM.

#2 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:59 PM

I'm a definite for both, but If we have them on the same day I would probably need a ride to the second location.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#3 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

I'm in.

If possible I'd like to swap rides with someone; IE I drive to this war and they do the weekend after, or vice versa. PM or post here.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#4 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

I'm in.

If possible I'd like to swap rides with someone; IE I drive to this war and they do the weekend after, or vice versa. PM or post here.

I might be up for that. I need to check with my parents. Where do you live?
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#5 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:33 AM

West 50th Street and Minnehaha Parkway West, area code 55419.

Or, just south of Lake Harriet.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#6 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:08 AM

West 50th Street and Minnehaha Parkway West, area code 55419.

Or, just south of Lake Harriet.

I looked it up on google maps. Sorry, but its a bit to far for my parents to understand driving. Plus I would be going in the opposite direction.

Beaver may be able to though. I think he lives on the U of M campus. Or close to. He did suggest the civil engineering building for a Nerf war.

#7 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:03 PM

So, who all is going to have a car at this war? I think we will be good with two cars, or even one van that could hold like 6-7 people. But, I'm going to need a ride to the other location, and I don't think we'll all be able to fit in Beaver's car if that is the only car there.

#8 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:03 PM

Ah, I had forgotten about this war. I'm down and could drive 3 or possibly 4 people inbetween locations. I wouldn't be able to give rides home afterwords though, there's a chance I would need to leave around 7 or 8pm anyways.

Edit: ↓ That's what I figured, just wanted to be clear though.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 12 July 2009 - 04:19 PM.

"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#9 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

Ah, I had forgotten about this war. I'm down and could drive 3 or possibly 4 people inbetween locations. I wouldn't be able to give rides home afterwords though, there's a chance I would need to leave around 7 or 8pm anyways.

Oh no, we aren't expecting rides home, that's what our parents and whatnot are for. Very glad to hear you're going to have a car, this should work out great now. Between you and Beaver's cars, we should be able to get everyone from location to location.

Other notes: For the indoor war, we are going to allow padded washer stefans to be used, but only from low power guns (or more powerful guns with low power barrels, like too short barrels or shotgun attatchments). It would be greatly appreciated if everyone could bring a 30 pack of stock darts too, or make padded washer stefans. Paul, I assume you're bringing your huge amount of stock darts. It would be greatly appreciated if you did. If the weather is unfavorable at the time of the outdoor war, we can always go to the indoor location early, so show up anyway.

#10 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

Paul, I assume you're bringing your huge amount of stock darts. It would be greatly appreciated if you did.

Yeah, that and the communal bucket of darts, I suppose one more thing to carry those grueling 6 blocks won't make a difference.

I will take this opportunity to announce that I've repaired that SS SM5K I purchased last war, a homemade check valve has solved all the problems it had.

Rainbow Clan

#11 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

Paul, I assume you're bringing your huge amount of stock darts. It would be greatly appreciated if you did.

Yeah, that and the communal bucket of darts, I suppose one more thing to carry those grueling 6 blocks won't make a difference.

I will take this opportunity to announce that I've repaired that SS SM5K I purchased last war, a homemade check valve has solved all the problems it had.

Im looking forward to seeing how many of those darts are mine. I burned through probably half of my darts at the last war, and I never did a dart sweep.

#12 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

Busta, I went through the bucket and only found 71 of your glittery hot glue darts, I suggest that you make some more if you mind using random darts from the bucket.

Rainbow Clan

#13 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,061 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:49 PM

I can offer rides to and from the war as well. One caveat: I would prefer it if the people I gave rides to lived somewhat close together. I gave rides to Flaming Hilt and atomatron last time, but their houses are very out of the way from each others. Shouldn't really be an issue this time, since Hilt is evidently driving his own car.

I'll be bringing a trunk full of Blasters to sell for low low prices. Check my sales thread.

#14 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:13 AM

The weather looks good for this weekend; 77* and sunny.

Does anybody have 2' of PETG, my SM1500 arrived in the mail and I don't have enough to put a foot of it in every barrel. Either that or some laramies.

Rainbow Clan

#15 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:17 PM

Why on earth are we doing an indoor war when the weather is above freezing?

#16 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:23 PM

Because we are having an outdoor war earlier that day? And this war is going to be at later in the day, when park officials would kick us out.

Yes, thats right. Two wars in one day, and one is later at night.

#17 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:46 PM

Actually, bad news... my older sister is in town and needs a car for work. She might be able to use my mom's, but it's doubtful.

SO.

Who wants to give me a ride? I can return the favor by giving a ride to BOTH days of the SoF war.
V

#18 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:11 PM

Like Julian said, we are having an outdoor war the same day. Part of the reason we are having it now is we really aren't suppose to be nerfing in the indoor location, and if we get kicked out, we are probably going to play somewhere else near it, the socalled "Knoll Area". Now, if it were cold outside, we probably wouldn't do that. This indoor war isn't very "official", we're just showing up and seeing how it goes. If we get kicked out, tough luck. And your comment made me wonder, are you even coming to this war? If not, I don't see why it should really matter to you.

Another update: I have been considering what we should do if we have an uneven amount of people and nobody wants to sit out/take pictures or we aren't playing a game like Zombie VIP where it doesn't matter. I think, we should do something like they did at Mr. Badwrench's war, and have a "Berserker". The Berserker has unlimited lives (so don't shoot them), and has to use a fairly weak/low ROF gun, and can't tap people. For the Berserker's gun, I was thinking of a ball shooting Big Blast or Titan, a Missile Shooting Titan or some sort of ridiculous shotgunned blaster. Pretty much anything whacky like that, it doesn't have to be very specific. The last regular person alive is the winner.

I'm thinking of another version called something like "Dodge the Sn1per!" where somebody with a long range, low ROF blaster stands a certain (sort of far) distance away from the playing field, where the two teams are. The playing field has boundaries. We will mark the spot where the Sn1per can get the closest. The Sn1per has infinite lives, so again, don't shoot him. The last regular player alive wins. The two teams try and eliminate each other, while trying to avoid the Sn1per's shots as well.

Edited by venom213, 14 July 2009 - 01:13 PM.

#19 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

Didn't the pictures of the c.e. building show an area with an open upper level/balcony thing over a ground level? That might be a good place for the "Dodge the Sn1per!" round, with the douche bag up above everybody.

Edit: Hah, I really like how that sentence ↑ turned out. I might have to nominate calling that the douche bag round even without the filter.

Edited by VelveetaAvenger, 15 July 2009 - 03:31 AM.

#20 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

Didn't the pictures of the c.e. building show an area with an open upper level/balcony thing over a ground level? That might be a good place for the "Dodge the Sn1per!" round, with the douche bag up above everybody.

I will sit and use a big blast. It has pretty low ROF.

Actually Venom, that game type sounds pretty cool. I also want to do a little berserker style round like Mr. Badwrench talked about, only because I want to be the kid who only obeys the orders half the time.

#21 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

Alright guys, about 37 hours until game time. Get your stuff ready, and be there on time. This is going to be one hell of a war. Velveeta, make sure you know how to get to the Civil Engineering building from the park.

#22 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:01 PM

Nobody is saying much.....I assume that is good. Well, I was able to get my sister and her boyfriend interested in going. I'm pretty sure my sister won't be shooting any guns, but will be shooting with her camera (which is fucking beastly good, like professional looking pictures). Her boyfriend on the other hand probably will play, but I'm not sure how involved he will be. See everyone tomorrow, and if you are trading with me, don't forget the items.

#23 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:21 PM

Nobody is saying much.....I assume that is good. Well, I was able to get my sister and her boyfriend interested in going. I'm pretty sure my sister won't be shooting any guns, but will be shooting with her camera (which is fucking beastly good, like professional looking pictures). Her boyfriend on the other hand probably will play, but I'm not sure how involved he will be. See everyone tomorrow, and if you are trading with me, don't forget the items.

I have to say, if this is the sister I am thinking of, she took some of the greatest pictures at fall MNNO. Like, probably the greatest looking group shot ever, simply because of her photographic skill.

Ok, enough about Venom's sister, these wars will be badass.

Oh, and I will be bringing tons of stuff. If you see something you like, Offer. I will consider ANY offer on ANYTHING! And I mean that. Although, remember, lowballing will result in getting low balled.... or just told no.

Edited by BustaNinja, 18 July 2009 - 12:03 AM.

#24 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:21 AM

I might be a tiny bit late, hopefully not, but If I am I don't worry, I will still be showing up. Ran into some car trouble yesterday. If it doesn't get fixed I'll just be taking my parent's van though, so no need to worry.

#25 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

It's a little bit chilly out there. I reccomend you bring a hoodie/sweatshirt. I'm rolling with a hoodie and shorts. Seems like good nerfing weather though, see you guys in about an hour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users