Photo

Nxt Crossbow

8 replies to this topic

#1 Zelowa

Zelowa

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:20 AM

I was just wondering if anyone knew something about this thing. It looks ok, but I really don't know if it's worth the money. I might have an idea for it but I was just checking.

nxt crossbow

#2 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:24 AM

I got one. They're pretty cool, they launch darts like a real crossbow launches bolts.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#3 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:26 AM

I was just wondering if anyone knew something about this thing. It looks ok, but I really don't know if it's worth the money. I might have an idea for it but I was just checking.

nxt crossbow

It physically launches the dart with a bungee. It's probably not compatible with other darts, and I doubt it can be modified easily. It's certainly not worth $30 unless you just want a neat crossbow to play around with.

Edited by AssassinNF, 07 July 2009 - 01:28 AM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#4 Zelowa

Zelowa

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:43 AM

Ok, thanks. I might try to get one if I run into a bit of extra cash.

#5 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:08 AM

I got one. They're pretty cool, they launch darts like a real crossbow launches bolts.

What is performance like? Can you stick a stefan in it and fire it? Or does it have some silly 'lockout' that ensures only its manufacturer's keyed darts will work?
Fugly is a feature.

#6 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

What is performance like? Can you stick a stefan in it and fire it? Or does it have some silly 'lockout' that ensures only its manufacturer's keyed darts will work?

No stefans, it'll fire stock darts pretty well though.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#7 aishihigeo

aishihigeo

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

Posted Image
http://nerfhaven.com...topic=16087&hl=
You mean Jesus doesn't get you an extra 20 feet?
I blame insufficient praising of his name. If you don't cross yourself and point to the sky after every minor achievment how is a higher power supposed to know that you are pleased with his mad sacred game?-VACC

#8 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

I aquired one of these for christmas and honestly there really fun to play with. From what I have seen, they shoot pretty far stock and are very silent. I actually did do one mod to it though, there all little holes inside of the wheel on the end of the wings, and I just stuck the tip of a bungee on each side on it and it added about 20 feet ( give or take). Anyway, this crossbow if fun to play with, but thats about all.

Edited by BustaDartInYOurAss, 07 July 2009 - 04:00 PM.

#9 CA13

CA13

Nude Nerfer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:32 PM

My bandit crossbow has been with me for a while, and although you can't really shoot Nerf darts well, you still can modify it with replacing the bow and reinforcing things with aluminum. Best ammo for all toy crossbows (excluding the Nerf version): Lego bricks.
Doing this as I speak. I have no idea when I got it...my DAD got it some 15 years ago, but that doesn't matter. Anyways, it keeps jerking around all over the place. I try to hold it with a rag...It doesn't look like...much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users