N-strike Clipped Pas

Polycarb trigger p.2 / Need help p. 3

56 replies to this topic

#51 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

Wow. Amazing. I know I'm a bit late in saying it, but completely awesome work nontheless.

Just throwing something out here; I'd be a bit worried about the coat hanger wire. In my experience they can be a bit flimsy. Not breaking, but bending under pressure, thus caushing them to be un-usable. More-so at longer lengths.

A better substitute I've found has been brass bars. Not the flat kind used for the reinforcement, but actual, tubes/cylinders. I've found them at my local Home Depot. THey come in about the same size as coat hanger wires (tags claim 1/2 diameter... 1/2 of what I'll never know) and also one bigger, but also much stronger (3/4)

Of course, seeing all the putty you put on that I'd expect it's not really that replaceable. Oh well; if it works then it works.
And it seems to be working fine. Again, great work.

Thank you very much. Yeah, you're definitely right about the shittiness of coat hangars. Luckily, all the wire is doing is opening and closing the breech, contrary to a longhot where the bolt directly pushes on the plunger. But yeah, if it does start to bend, I'll definately rip it off and repace it with something sturdier. Thanks for the suggestion of brass.

I am utterly speechless... this mod is incredible.

Thanks, man.

#52 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:40 PM

I'm sorry if someone has already said this, but I have a suggestion. Take the clip out, and load it but push the darts in past the tightening rings. I just have a strange felling that is your issue.

Edited by stuck by stefan, 11 July 2009 - 11:41 PM.

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#53 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:42 PM

I'm sorry if someone has already said this, but I have a suggestion. Take the clip out, and load it but push the darts in past the tightening rings. I just have a strange felling that is your issue.

Already tried that and the first couple times it shot farther because accuracy was shit and it arced up. Then darts started spiraling and all sorts of shit happened. A lot of the shots also arced down.

#54 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:48 AM

I'm sure you'll figure it out one way or another.

I bet the problem lies with the dart/barrel. Does your dart/barrel setup work well in other blasters?

But yeah, awesome mod. The whole thing looks like something out of loony toons. (which is a good thing as far as nerf goes) :D

Edited by Fome, 12 July 2009 - 12:49 AM.

#55 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:42 PM

If you can I'd slide a small aluminum tube over the coat hanger and glue it in place, that way you don't have to remove the coat hanger but you have a stronger breech opening/closing thing...

#56 cannotaim

cannotaim

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:23 PM

I put a brass strip on the back of the plunger thing and the brass fell of after a couple shots. I used JB weld. Do you have any suggestions? This is overall a very nice mod and paintjob.

Edited by cannotaim, 13 July 2009 - 05:23 PM.

Blasphemy, what did I warn you about shoving things up your ass? First it was erasers, dice, and gerbils...now my wristbands? What's next, apples and grapefruit?-Groove

Nerflovers

#57 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

I'm sure you'll figure it out one way or another.

I bet the problem lies with the dart/barrel. Does your dart/barrel setup work well in other blasters?

But yeah, awesome mod. The whole thing looks like something out of loony toons. (which is a good thing as far as nerf goes) :P

Yeah, that, and too weak of a spring for the deadspace. And thanks!

If you can I'd slide a small aluminum tube over the coat hanger and glue it in place, that way you don't have to remove the coat hanger but you have a stronger breech opening/closing thing...

Thanks, that's a great idea. If I notice significant bending I'll try this.

I put a brass strip on the back of the plunger thing and the brass fell of after a couple shots. I used JB weld. Do you have any suggestions? This is overall a very nice mod and paintjob.

Yeah, this is happening because the brass is catching on the catch and getting ripped off upon firing. Don't have the end of the brass be so close to where the trigger catches the plunger. In my mod there's a picture and a step explaining how I prevented this. And thank you.

Edited by TantumBull, 13 July 2009 - 05:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users