Tt Mod. Will 1/2" Copper Work?

TT mod

28 replies to this topic

#1 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:09 PM

Will A 1/2" copper barrel work on a TT mod and a Nite Finder mod?
Im a Sharp Shooter YE HAAAA

HAHAHA

#2 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:29 PM

I should work, but the question is how well. I've not used any metal in my mods, but the general opinions of others on the boards seems to be that brass is a better material.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#3 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:32 PM

I've never even tried copper but my friend has and it's not the material of choice. The problem is that the inside is to large for micros and to small for megas. It's a very stupid inbetween size. I don't like it at all.
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:46 PM

That and the fact that you need a snug/nested barrel for optimum spring gun performance.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 08:38 PM

If you are using a normal sized 1/2" stefan, then no. You want a fairly tight fit in between the dart and the barrel. I would really reccomend 17/32" Brass or IronRhino's PETG, or CPVC if the former two are unavailible.

If you have foam that fits in the copper tight, then you should be good. But, 1/2" copper is about equal to 19/32" Brass, which is two sizes larger than what would work best.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#6 LOMHawkeye

LOMHawkeye

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:42 AM

Another alternative often overlooked is aluminum tubing. It can be found in the electrical section of your Home Depot/Lowe's. I don't have experience with Aluminum, but I believe some mega Stefans will fit rather nicely in it.

#7 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:33 PM

The problem with aluminum tubing is that its about the same price as brass, it's thicker, and it's less manipulat...able...ive...whatever. I've tried some 5/8" aluminum tubing on megas, and for whatever odd reason, it didn't work too well. Maybe the inside is too rough?
Spectre of the CFM

#8 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:35 PM

Copper is very underrated I think it works fine.

#9 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:13 PM

the problem is that they dont carry any brass at my homedepot. ONly like brass elbows and joints. I asked the guy and he just nodded his head,no. Soo like always, They never know what they are talking about. My question for you guys is where would the brass be stocked in a home depot. Plumbing, electrical, or something else. Thank You ^_^

HAHAHA

#10 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:22 PM

Brass isn't stocked at Home Depot. They suck. Brass is usually sold at Ace Hardware (I think? Never been there to see), and most hobby stores. Good luck.
Spectre of the CFM

#11 mr reflecto

mr reflecto

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:49 PM

A while ago i bought 2 ft. of 1/2 inch copper. The inside of the tubing is pretty rough and it doesn't fit any size dart. It's a waste of money. Dam i was stupid for getting it. Now all it does is sit and rust in my basement.

#12 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:58 PM

Oh, come off it.
The first good mod I did (i.e. Barrel replacement) was put a copper barrel in my SM750.
It got about 90 feet.
Copper is perfectly smooth on the inside, mine has never rusted, and it is a fine barrel material.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#13 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:26 PM

Oh, come off it.
The first good mod I did (i.e. Barrel replacement) was put a copper barrel in my SM750.
It got about 90 feet.
Copper is perfectly smooth on the inside, mine has never rusted, and it is a fine barrel material.

Exactly. My first and best mod was adding a 13" copper barrel to my SM5k. It gets 132' so far. The inside was perfectly smooth, as IN said, and my god... what is with you and rusting? My copper is unprotected from weathering, and it has yet to lose it's shine. I have no idea what you are talking about, as I said in the other topic, copper does fit micros. You don't want a tight fit on air powered guns, they release of the air and pressure quickly.

Maybe you got one bad tube of copper or something, but it owns in my opinion, when brass is so expensive here in Canada.

In conlusion, to the guy who started the topic, don't use copper for your TTG mod. It isn't tight enough to allow sufficent pressure to build up behind the dart.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#14 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:58 PM

Ty very much for your help guys anf Black that was what i was thinking. And for that guy that said it is rough on the inside he knows nothing.

HAHAHA

#15 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:28 PM

A while ago i bought 2 ft. of 1/2 inch copper. The inside of the tubing is pretty rough and it doesn't fit any size dart. It's a waste of money. Dam i was stupid for getting it. Now all it does is sit and rust in my basement.

At least you only bought 2 feet. It's a good idea to bring your dart with you to test in the barrel material. In any case, I'm sure you don't mean the copper pipe actually rusts. It would oxidize and turn green like the Statue of Liberty, really.

But I think he means it just doesn't get used.

The inside of copper piping is usually fairly smooth, the cuts they make at the factory aren't that great however. And it smells funney!!1 :w00t:
"The 'dance goes on..."

#16 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:33 PM

And it smells funney!!1 :w00t:

Sorta smells like... pennies.

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--

#17 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:46 PM

Mmmm... pennies smell good. :w00t:

Posted Image

One nice thing about copper is that it does have couplers. Dunno.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#18 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:49 PM

Mmmm... pennies smell good. :w00t:

Posted Image

One nice thing about copper is that it does have couplers. Dunno.

I think before that kid stuck that penny up his nose, he was sniffing pennies with a little bit of mold on them...

--

#19 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:53 PM

Hey, why you tryin' a hate? That's me yo.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#20 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:09 PM

Hey, why you tryin' a hate? That's me yo.

Whoa guy, I didn't mean it guy... there ain't no been hatin' here!

Yeah... this has gone really off topic. In a way, it is still on topic, we are discussing copper, and what it can do to your brain.

Everyone should be like Janga and sniff moldy pennies!

--

#21 bottlecap345

bottlecap345

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:59 PM

If you want to buy brass, many hobbyshops carry them in all different sizes.

#22 Nazgul Lord

Nazgul Lord

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:17 PM

I coppered my maxshot and it gets 100-105 ft. :w00t:
Nazgul Lord of the CFM

#23 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:31 PM

Ty very much for your help guys anf Black that was what i was thinking. And for that guy that said it is rough on the inside he knows nothing.

I banned you for a day. You had 24 fucking hours to compose that post.

Do you think you could take a minute to clean up your posts?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Asshole.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#24 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:27 PM

What?

HAHAHA

#25 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:07 PM

Congrats on a gramaticly correct post. You even spelled it all right!

You had 24 hours to think about that, and reply in a sensible manner. But, you instead, no doubt, sat around staring at your computer screen, waiting for that tban (temporary ban, for you non-gamers) to end, and started up on the incomprehendible babble.

In other words, start typing even slightly more civilized, or get your account deleted.

Go for the elitist version of DickheadHaven, C. At least it will keep people like this away until they learn to spell their own name.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users