Longshot Back From The Dead

when you just have to single the fucker

13 replies to this topic

#1 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:57 AM

OK, so I've had this torn up Longshot in my closet for a long time now. It was a casualty of my early n00bishness, and I destroyed the gun to the point where an Angel breech wasn't even possible. All that was intact was the Plunger tube and plunger - everything else was either shattered, cut up, or lost.

Since the gun was such a disaster, I had to start from scratch - and that meant singling it. I managed to find its plunger catch, and got to work.

Here it is now:
Posted Image

I ended up with what is essentially the opposite of Ice's singled LS mod - instead of a coupler sliding over a barrel, it's a pipe going into a coupler that's attached to the barrel.

Internals:
Posted Image

It works just like a singled longshot, it's just made differently. To counter the safety issues created by singled Longshots (like finger loss), I did a few things:

First, I cut notches in the side for the bolt. Should the catch fail, the bolt's not going anywhere:
Posted Image
Second, I put a ridiculous spring on the catch:
Posted Image
If that shit slips, I will be very fucking surprised.

This entire gun was constructed just to give this little guy a purpose. I saw CS's integrations, and thought about guns I could slap the SMG onto. Then I thought about the poor mangled black and red Longshot I had in my closet, and decided to bring it back from the dead.
I added Velcro, and attached the Spidey Gun to the side of the LS:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Once I got that all working, I did all kinds of little mods and cosmetics.
Stock Reinforcement (1 1/4" PVC):
Posted Image
A new bolt handle, with a lock nut that fits on the bolt glued inside, so you just screw on the handle.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Ammo Holders - PETG inside Firefly ammo holders:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Barrel and Light from a recon - removable:
Posted Image
I added the recon barrel because I didn't like that long, bland piece of PVC sticking out of my gun. The barrel looks fucking awful in this picture, but in real life, you can't see any yellow at all. I guess the camera flash brought it out.

I also cut off the LS's carry handle, since it was in the way.

Some more pictures:
Bolt Opened:
Posted Image
Bolt Closed:
Posted Image

Its barrel is 17/32 Brass and SCH80 PVC, and it has a silver LS and streched NF spring in it. It gets around 80', and the SMG gets around 40'.

I like this gun alot. It's ROF leaves something to be desired, but you always have the Spidey gun in case someone rushes you. It's trigger is always there as a sort of panic button.

Q's/C's/F's?

Probably dead by now, or something.

#2 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:58 AM

I think you need to stop putting out so many mods. Its bad for your health.

Seriously though, good work. Keep it up.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#3 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:48 AM

I like the bolt handle!

Is the Velcro connection strong enough to prime the SMG without it slipping off the Longshot?

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#4 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:48 AM

Come on!

Once I get over how amazing one of your mods is you post another.

Does the recon barrel decrease the range?

Edited by white moonlight, 20 June 2009 - 05:48 AM.

On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#5 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:42 AM

Come on!

The recon barrel covers the PVC that is sticking out of the gun, so it shouldn't affect the range.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#6 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:54 AM

Very nice AssassinNF, very nice. I have a few questions and suggestions though.

1) What is the length and grade steel of that bolt?

2) Could you show us a diagram of that bolt handle? I'm not quite understanding your description.

3) Do you possess or have access to a +bow spring? If so, reinforce your longshot and stick a 4 1/2" segment in with the 1st gen LS Spring. Almost all my Ls's have that combo now, and they are all very beastly

Edited by SorrowX, 20 June 2009 - 10:55 AM.

You may have the balls, but I have the lack of morality!

#7 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:02 AM

Is there any bending on that bolt? It looks rather... Puny for a priming handle.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#8 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:48 AM

I think you need to stop putting out so many mods. Its bad for your health.

Seriously though, good work. Keep it up.

I've had nothing to do lately, hehe. It's either mod like crazy or be bored off my ass. :ph34r:
Thanks!

I like the bolt handle!

Is the Velcro connection strong enough to prime the SMG without it slipping off the Longshot?

Definitely. It's industrial strength velcro (McMaster calls it "mushroom head" or something like that.) It sticks to itself, and it has incredible sheer strength - that is, sideways force won't budge it at all.

Come on!

The recon barrel covers the PVC that is sticking out of the gun, so it shouldn't affect the range.

I have too much spare time lately. I'm running out of guns to mod.
Hi Yah! is exactly right. The recon barrel was just to cover the ugly PVC barrel. It doesn't affect ranges.

Very nice AssassinNF, very nice. I have a few questions and suggestions though.

1) What is the length and grade steel of that bolt?

2) Could you show us a diagram of that bolt handle? I'm not quite understanding your description.

3) Do you possess or have access to a +bow spring? If so, reinforce your longshot and stick a 4 1/2" segment in with the 1st gen LS Spring. Almost all my Ls's have that combo now, and they are all very beastly

1) 4" long, 1/4" diameter, not sure on the grade, but it's pretty damn strong.

2) Diagram coming right up. Sorry my description sucked :P

3) I have a box of them. Didn't feel like risking it at the time. What reinforcing would be necessary?

Is there any bending on that bolt? It looks rather... Puny for a priming handle.

Nope. It's just as strong as a CPVC bolt would be. I actually had trouble with a Ice-like design bending all over the place before I switched to this one.

#9 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

Posted Image
Diagram as promised. Tell me if anything's unclear.

#10 navyseal849

navyseal849

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:55 PM

Safety first! Wait so this might be me not understanding singled longshots but the 17/32 brass acts like the dart tooth? If so does it restrict the gun? If not what is it for?
To stop yourself from having mood swings take a cyanide pill! Guaranteed to permanently prevent changes in your mood!
QUOTE(Hi Yah! @ Jun 28 2009, 07:45 AM) View Post

That thing is huge! You should get a leash for it.

#11 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

Safety first! Wait so this might be me not understanding singled longshots but the 17/32 brass acts like the dart tooth? If so does it restrict the gun? If not what is it for?

It's just part of my barrel. It keeps the dart from sliding down the barrel too far before firing. It's not needed at all for the gun to function.

Edited by AssassinNF, 20 June 2009 - 02:57 PM.

#12 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

Hey AssassinNF, I know how running out of guns feels. I ran out of guns a month or so ago. I just pulled out a scrap MS and a scrap 3k and combined them for integration capamabilites. The MS pump fills the tank, which then shoots the dart at whichever poor bastard is in the way.

Edited by death by cheez, 20 June 2009 - 03:22 PM.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#13 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

God, you making all these guns makes me want to have a war :) Will you be attending the one in Homewood? We may have a spot in the car, but thats if Jeremy decides to go or not.

On topic, I like the gun, when did you paint all these things?

#14 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:36 PM

God, you making all these guns makes me want to have a war :) Will you be attending the one in Homewood? We may have a spot in the car, but thats if Jeremy decides to go or not.

On topic, I like the gun, when did you paint all these things?

Yeah I'm going. I might be bringing a few people.

I painted this Longshot a loooooong time ago, and painted all the other stuff to match a couple days ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users