Photo

Hornet Madness

7 replies to this topic

#1 HIHIHI08

HIHIHI08

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

I just got a hornet from a garage sale, and have no clue how to work it. I keep pumping it, but nothing happens. At the place where the little air thingie attaches to the titan, air is getting out, so my question is, why can't I fire it?
There are no dumb ideas, just dumb people

If any of you nerfers like HALO, go to 405th.com. I know you want your own armor.

#2 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:02 PM

I just got a hornet from a garage sale, and have no clue how to work it. I keep pumping it, but nothing happens. At the place where the little air thingie attaches to the titan, air is getting out, so my question is, why can't I fire it?

To operate:
1. Slide the top piece forward.
2. Pump until you hear the OPRV.
3. Pull the trigger 6 times, or push the blast button.
If you do it in that order and it doesn't work, something is wrong with the blaster.
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#3 HIHIHI08

HIHIHI08

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:13 PM

What do you mean my "the OPRV"? I tried a bunch of things but it still doesn't work!

Edited by HIHIHI08, 19 June 2009 - 03:13 PM.

There are no dumb ideas, just dumb people

If any of you nerfers like HALO, go to 405th.com. I know you want your own armor.

#4 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:37 PM

What do you mean my "the OPRV"? I tried a bunch of things but it still doesn't work!

Over Pressure Release Valve.
Fugly is a feature.

#5 Gym

Gym

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:01 PM

If it sounds like air is escaping from that spot then you may have a leak. Open up the blaster and find out for sure and then repair the leak with Plumber's Goop or find a way to bypass the broken section with new vinyl tubing or something. Part of that section includes a trigger valve of sorts, which may be stuck somewhat open and keeping the system from pressurizing. I don't know nearly as much about the Hornet as others on here, but that's what I would try.

#6 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 07:23 PM

Unless you are a pretty good modder, I wouldn't even bother fixing it. The hornet is pretty hard gun to mod, even fir experienced modders. The end result won't even be worth it. You bought it at a garage sale, so it probably wasn't more than $5. If I were you I would scrap it. It has tons of parts.
If you really want to fix it, I would submerge the internals in water and pump it and see if bubbles come. If so, then goop up the spot.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#7 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:26 AM

Unless you are a pretty good modder, I wouldn't even bother fixing it. The hornet is pretty hard gun to mod, even fir experienced modders. The end result won't even be worth it. You bought it at a garage sale, so it probably wasn't more than $5. If I were you I would scrap it. It has tons of parts.
If you really want to fix it, I would submerge the internals in water and pump it and see if bubbles come. If so, then goop up the spot.

Submerging is a good idea, but its not always a good idea to put the pump itself underwater because then you start pumping water through the lines and into the tanks and it makes a mess and you'll get water vapor every time you fire. It looks kinda cool, but it soaks everything. Just a tip.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#8 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:35 AM

If you open it up, you can cut off the entire blast button mechanism and just cap the hole with something. You'll then be able to bypass the leak area you talked about and no one uses a blast button to fire six shots at once in war, plus you'll save some space, which will take less pumping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users