What Screwdrivers To Use?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Whisper101

Whisper101

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

Hi all,

I've been modifying for well over a year now but since I've started, I've not been able to find a) an elecrtic screwdriver/drill bit that is long enough and small enough to fit into the screw reccesses or B) a cheap battery operated screwdriver w/a very small head. Presently, I am trying to machinr my own bit w/a Dremel but that is going poorly whcich has forced me to go back to truty and tiresome handhled screwdriver.

HELP ME!!!

Any advice, opinions, or knowledge of what to get and where to get it would be greatly appreciated.

Probably easiest to email me: noahz9@verizon.net

Thanks,

Whisper...

Edited by Whisper101, 17 June 2009 - 02:08 PM.

#2 fallinouttadabox

fallinouttadabox

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

Why dont you just take a hacksaw/dremel to a cheap screwdriver, cut off the handle and use it as a bit?
fallinouttadabox (intentionally lowercase): sometimes you want to be somewhere between thinking in the box and thinking out of the box. Trust me, I would know.

#3 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

And tell us again why you need a battery powered screw driver for a nerf gun?

#4 guardian21

guardian21

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

Why do you need an electric screwdriver for Nerf guns?

I've always done just fine with a regular one.
DATA!

#5 hardshot

hardshot

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:28 PM

Why dont you just take a hacksaw/dremel to a cheap screwdriver, cut off the handle and use it as a bit?

I like fallinouttadabox's idea. Also, I think it's safer to use a manual screwdriver because an electric screwdriver will carve a screw quite fast. You also have less control when using an electric screwdriver.
NEON GREEN DARTS! FINALLY!

I've Been Dreaming of this day.

-Baghead

If you are CANADIAN, Join the Canadian nerf site right now! Click me if your canadian

#6 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:38 PM

Stanley -FatMax line #0 and #1 will remove every screw used in nerf guns. And the shaft is a perfect fit in even the tightest of holes.
(yes you may sig that, but link it properly)

If your too lazy to unscrew a gun yourself you have no business modding.
However if you get Dremel screwdriver tips (like the ones that come with the Dremel lithum ion powered driver) they will work on any standard powered screwdriver and be slim enough to fit MOST blasters.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 17 June 2009 - 04:39 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#7 nerfer63

nerfer63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

I highly don't recommend using a power drill to remove the screws becasue you might strip the screws very easily.

#8 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

I literally closed this exact thread a week ago. Take a week off to think before you post.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users