Another New Toy

4 replies to this topic

#1 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:09 PM

So I went to Goodwill today as usual. Found a typical Longshot and DTG, and was pretty bored with them even though it was a really good deal. I kept searching around the store for a while until something caught my eye. This is what it was:

Posted Image

Thats the entire set spread out. When I got it, it was in the opened box, but I threw away the box when I left the store, and I can't recall what it was called. It is very similar to the gun talked about here.

Posted Image

That is how your suppose to assemble it stock. I found it a major pain to use the rod connectors though, so I used vinyl tubing without any needed modification.

Posted Image

Here is tank itself compared to a Big Salvo, Triple Strike, and AT2k Tank. Keep in mind what appears to be the "barrel" is actually still the tank itself.

Posted Image

Here it is compared to a SS2 tank, SMDTG tanks, and a Hornet tank.

Posted Image

My question is, for those who know, to override the safety, is there really a certain spot to add the new air input in the back of the tank here?

Posted Image

Also, that little foam guy has probably become my favorite out of all the missile type ammo.

Posted Image

Edited by venom213, 16 June 2009 - 11:15 PM.

#2 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:22 PM

Sweet, so basically an easy to integrate roto rocket. You'd probably need to get at least 6 barrels for that to be safe.

#3 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:28 PM

Sweet, so basically an easy to integrate roto rocket. You'd probably need to get at least 6 barrels for that to be safe.

Based on what I saw before my NGG exploded, 6 barrels on something this powerful is not completely unreasonable. Shooting the Foamman is pretty crazy too. It goes high, and it gets there fast. I'll be making this into more of a "gun" very soon.

#4 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:13 AM

I found one of these a while back at my goodwill... But you find longshots at yours? I've never found one at mine...

#5 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

Hehe...I've had one of these since I don't know when. It's been sitting on the shelf in my basement NIB waiting for something to be done to it. Now that I know it has potential, I might take a crack at it. Definitely post your findings once you get going on it.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users